Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Xibanya posted:

Trip report: saw Revival of F. It was amazingly fun. All of the characters people actually give a poo poo about were in the movie and got to do things, and all the annoying characters were not. The way everything plays out seems like a real love letter to the fans - like what fans actually want - more Tribeam and not more fuckin' Broly or whatever. Oh yeah, and the movie has metal riffs throughout, Maximum the Hormone's "F" is featured in an awesome way, and when I was watching Goku punch Freeza to the sound of metal, I realized that maybe all of us original DBZ soundtrack advocates might be wrong - maybe the Faulconer soundtrack is indeed closer to the creator's original intentions. Sadly I was only one of four people in the showing and it was a Friday afternoon.

when Goku taps out and Vegeta joins the fight, Goku says "thank you" in English (well, more like "sank you"). What are the implications of that, would a Japanese person see that as being cheeky and irreverent?

Did 18 get to do anything other than be Krillin's wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I hear they lock Goten and Trunks in a basement in the movie

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Covok posted:

Turtle's power level of 0.001 (0.00000833333 Raditzes) is nothing to scoff at, as Frieza's men learned that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK9aTZAeyQg&t=156s

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Squallege posted:

I hear they lock Goten and Trunks in a basement in the movie

Yeah, they do so since they look like kid versions of the two people Freeza hates the most and they're reckless as hell so they'd do stupid things and get themselves hurt, from what the summaries said.

This actually happens in Shin Budokai! When the escaped-from-Hell Freeza finds Goten and Trunks, he believes they're Goku and Future Trunks' children (only for Trunks to correct him on that one) and decides to take out his anger on them. "The sins of the father will weight upon the children" or whatever he said in Fusion Reborn.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

Turtle's power level of 0.001 (0.00000833333 Raditzes) is nothing to scoff at, as Frieza's men learned that day.

Turtle actually had God Ki this whole time, which is why nobody could truly detect his power level before now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The hushed "Kamehame-turtle" was loving perfect.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
How long has DBZA's progress bar been at 99%? It's kind of annoying. I would honestly prefer if they would have just set it back if they weren't ready yet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

thechosenone posted:

How long has DBZA's progress bar been at 99%? It's kind of annoying. I would honestly prefer if they would have just set it back if they weren't ready yet.

Last time I checked, about 3-4 days ago, it was at 70-80% so...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thechosenone posted:

The tweet from Kaiser earlier said to expect the episode this weekend. Cool your jets.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Did they have a specific date in mind?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

thechosenone posted:

Did they have a specific date in mind?

Saturday the 30th or Sunday the 31st. Both of which are this weekend.

Some Numbers posted:

Cool your jets.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, they do so since they look like kid versions of the two people Freeza hates the most and they're reckless as hell so they'd do stupid things and get themselves hurt, from what the summaries said.

I like this because the movie treats Freeza as a credible threat. They could've made him a total joke.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Blaze Dragon posted:

This actually happens in Shin Budokai! When the escaped-from-Hell Freeza finds Goten and Trunks, he believes they're Goku and Future Trunks' children (only for Trunks to correct him on that one) and decides to take out his anger on them. "The sins of the father will weight upon the children" or whatever he said in Fusion Reborn.

This is something I always wondered actually did anyone tell kid Trunks that he came from the future and saved everyone?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

MH Knights posted:

Did 18 get to do anything other than be Krillin's wife?

Not really, but at least she was on screen, unlike Yamcha, who is never mentioned in the entire film.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

This is something I always wondered actually did anyone tell kid Trunks that he came from the future and saved everyone?

To be fair that sounds like a remarkably uncomfortable thing to hear.

"Hey Trunks, in another timeline everyone you know and loved is dead. Oh, except Goten, he was never born."

Covok
May 27, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair that sounds like a remarkably uncomfortable thing to hear.

"Hey Trunks, in another timeline everyone you know and loved is dead. Oh, except Goten, he was never born."

Or "Trunks, in another timeline you are a badass, sword-wielding hero of time who single handely destroyed the greatest threats to the future and saved multiple times lines."

Also, writing this made me realized that Future Trunks is kind of like the Link from OoT.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I hope Future Trunks comes back for Super because he was my favourite character as a kid and is still my favourite character as an adult. Having him in Xenoverse was super cool but I want him to take a more active role. Get the coolest transformations and just kick rear end alongside Goku, Vegeta and the cannon fodder (oh Gohan how low have you fallen).

Though I guess he won't look much different if he becomes a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Though I guess he won't look much different if he becomes a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

Super Cyan.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I hope Future Trunks comes back for Super because he was my favourite character as a kid and is still my favourite character as an adult. Having him in Xenoverse was super cool but I want him to take a more active role. Get the coolest transformations and just kick rear end alongside Goku, Vegeta and the cannon fodder (oh Gohan how low have you fallen).

Vegeta: Finally the son who didn't disappoint me is back.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Kid Trunks went SSJ at age 8. Vegeta is most probably overjoyed with his Kid.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Kid Trunks went SSJ at age 8. Vegeta is most probably overjoyed with his Kid.

And then beat up Goku's kid in a tournament.

Vegeta is a proud dad.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

At a certain point Tien says its dumb to bring the guy to fights (when the androids attack, I think) as he was never really a fighter.

He actually is the first character to get written out of the fights surprisingly.

He can't fight because he's been spending all these years trying to solve Krillin's diabolical math problems.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

tbp posted:

also when freeza is about the kill goku by holding him under water he seriously freaks out thinking of chichi and gohan

i get the jokes that he's like completely autistic or whatever and yeah goku is a bit retarded but he loves his wife and sons hes a good man.
He has brain damage from when he hit his head as a child. It was a good enough bump to make him not a murder machine, so I think he can be excused for being a little weird in his personal relationships.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Xibanya posted:

when Goku taps out and Vegeta joins the fight, Goku says "thank you" in English (well, more like "sank you"). What are the implications of that, would a Japanese person see that as being cheeky and irreverent?

I see this come up in Tokusatsu a lot, so I think it's just a Japanese kids/teens show thing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Or "Trunks, in another timeline you are a badass, sword-wielding hero of time who single handely destroyed the greatest threats to the future and saved multiple times lines."

Also, writing this made me realized that Future Trunks is kind of like the Link from OoT.

And in Wraith of the Dragon, kid Trunks literally meets not-Link who even has a ocarina.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rirse posted:

And in Wraith of the Dragon, kid Trunks literally meets not-Link who even has a ocarina.

You'd think "Goku teams up with Link to defeat Godzilla" would be the best movie ever made, but somehow it's not.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Wrath of the dragon was probably my favorite of the original movies.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wrath is cool, because it features the Great Saiyaman Squad fighting street crime, Goku attempting to get Shenron to solve a puzzle box, the prototype for Not My Bulma, and the Dragon Fist.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm trying to remember, besides BoG does Gotenks actually ever show up in any of the movies, cause I can't think of any examples and it's kinda weird

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I'm trying to remember, besides BoG does Gotenks actually ever show up in any of the movies, cause I can't think of any examples and it's kinda weird

Fusion reborn and Wrath of the dragon

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ekusukariba posted:

Fusion reborn and Wrath of the dragon

Also Yo! Son Goku, if you count that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Also Yo! Son Goku, if you count that.

Well, it's canon, so it counts more than the movies, really.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wait, if Gotenks is in Wrath of the Dragon, why doesn't Gotenks take out the monster? Gotenks is stronger than SSJ3 Goku at that point, IIRC.

Also, I've come across a HQ level quality of Trunks going "Hey" from Xenoverse. Someone made it for text alerts. I will never use it, perhaps you will.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Covok posted:

Wait, if Gotenks is in Wrath of the Dragon, why doesn't Gotenks take out the monster? Gotenks is stronger than SSJ3 Goku at that point, IIRC.

Also, I've come across a HQ level quality of Trunks going "Hey" from Xenoverse. Someone made it for text alerts. I will never use it, perhaps you will.

My email alert is Navi from Ocarina of Time going "HEY, LISTEN!" and it's really tempting to make that "Hey" from Trunks my text alert as a result.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Covok posted:

I was trying to get exactly this just the other day. Thank you very much.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

My email alert is Navi from Ocarina of Time going "HEY, LISTEN!" and it's really tempting to make that "Hey" from Trunks my text alert as a result.

Go halfway, edit the "Hey" part of Navi to be Trunks, keep Navi's "Listen"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

So is Ultimate/Mystic Gohan, who also gets clowned. It's kinda a problem with Wrath. Everyone gets beat down (including Goku) until Goku decides to throw the Super Dragon Fist and win instead.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
there's a reason most people aren't fond of Wrath of The Dragon despite Hirudegarn being a pretty cool monster and the movie being decent for the most part , it has quite possibly the crappiest ending of any DBZ movie

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

None of them really end that smoothly to be fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Fusion Reborn's ending kicks rear end because Gogeta sparkles Janemba into a tiny ogre child and Gotenks blows up Hitler and the Nazi army before Vegeta fades away into nothingness because at this point gently caress continuity in these things.

• Locked thread