Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

did you know the zoids eat metal because they are metal animals made of the metal they eat?

i didnt but now i do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Main character Zoid pilot experiences a Newtype high and starts conversing telepathically with his enemies while naked.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the metal grows on trees and shrubs, that are made of metal, but the metal carnivores eat the metal of the metal herbivores instead, to get their metal.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sharkopath posted:

did you know the zoids eat metal because they are metal animals made of the metal they eat?

i didnt but now i do.

:suezo:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ancient humans domesticated the giant metal monsters and trained them as livestock, so they ate the metal too

the metal powered their brains and scientific knowledge until they realized they could make the giant metal animals even better at killing by putting cockpits and weaponry on them, and thats how the zoid wars started

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this setting is 100 times as interesting as the universal century, for obvious reasons

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i forgot that eventually the wild zoids started eating the metal guns and armor and stuff and began naturally reconstituting it into their own bodies and that of their descendents, and zoids is really cubivore and i love cubivore its a really fun gamecube game

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_CwvWBZfjc

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
If zoids eat metal I would expect them to be cannibals.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

pls keep going sharkopath

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

pls keep going sharkopath

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Humans are made of meat.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

i already told you the plant eater zoids eat the metal plants and the meat eating zoids eat the metal meat!!! pay attention in class!!!!!!!!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yamcha cool

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am chastised.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the history of the zoid wars is really silly and basically involves country a making a super zoid that is unstoppable and the empire b gets rolled back to their capital, until THEY developed the even betterer super zoid and take over all of country a, but the countries resistance develops the ultra mega amazing zoid that is absolutely definitely unstoppable and this keeps going for a while

the proper order was like the giant sauropod is beaten by the godzilla but is beaten by the crazy drill horn triceratops thing

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wait, a Godzilla is beaten? Zoids is bullshit.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

at some point the people from the mysterious continent nobody knew about show up and take over the entire empire with their ultra evil zoids, but something happened and the evil continent was exploded, thats all I remember

one of their zoids was named the DEADBORDER which i think is a cool name for a robot, and if i had a robot i would hope mines name was as cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

Wait, a Godzilla is beaten? Zoids is bullshit.

they built a better godzilla and won again, its an endless turnabout

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I for one am glad to be learning about the ecology of zoids.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

you can draw parallels to the gundam franchises constant revival of zeon motif, but instead its about one giant ultrapowerful dinosaur beating up another ultrapowerful dinosaur and I hope you will agree with me when I posit that this situation is much preferable.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ive done some research and discovered the evil continent of the dark black zoids was hit by a meteor and sunk by entirely random chance, so now all those zoids are dead and they cant make them anymore

nature is so cruel...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

they built a better godzilla and won again, its an endless turnabout

did they ever build one so powerful that it destroyed everything and they had to team up with their enemy to build a newer more powerful one to beat the world-ending one

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I just learned that the transport ship is actually a giant snail Zoid so that's neat.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The strangereal world in Ace Combat has a funny thing with its tech where this one particular country was building lots of dumb crazy weapons and then meteors fell and destroyed just that country so their scientists and survivors started attacking other countries to try and gain land back that wasn't pulverized by sky rocks.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

did they ever build one so powerful that it destroyed everything and they had to team up with their enemy to build a newer more powerful one to beat the world-ending one

i think it was going to head in that direction but then the meteor happened and everything became mad max for a while instead

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ace Combat is also a series where one of the games is loosely based on Arthurian Myth and it ends with fighter jets jousting

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ace combat rules

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I liked the Zoids series where they were the team of fighters in a tournament but never got into the one where there was a war or whatever.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

there was a newer zoids series that was p good too

genesis iirc

fuzors was loving terrible though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One of the neat things about ace combat 6 or whatever the "GO DANCE WITH THE ANGELS" dumb thing came from was that one of your allies was a guy in a ship, so in the universe of ace combat where there are superweapons everywhere and the planes rule everything including special superweapon planes and special antiaircraft guns and special cluster bomb subs and giant sattelites and poo poo, here youve got some guy in a boat who is good enough at boating to survive and make a difference in the war

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they ended their toy line by causing the apocalypse instead of having the heroes beat the bad guys, and that takes gumption and they should be applauded for it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

One of the neat things about ace combat 6 or whatever the "GO DANCE WITH THE ANGELS" dumb thing came from was that one of your allies was a guy in a ship, so in the universe of ace combat where there are superweapons everywhere and the planes rule everything including special superweapon planes and special antiaircraft guns and special cluster bomb subs and giant sattelites and poo poo, here youve got some guy in a boat who is good enough at boating to survive and make a difference in the war

my favorite ace combat was 5 because its the most like an anime

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
"Gumption" is a good word.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU

keiki kobayashi is a good composer, he works for nintendo now I think

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tonights homework: which plane is the best plane, there can only be one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

my favorite ace combat was 5 because its the most like an anime

my favorite ace combat is 04 because it's the one that I played, it has anime cutscenes, it's ww2 but with modern day fighter jets and if france had a giant anti-aircraft railgun battery that looks awesome as hell, the yellow squadron, a neat story imo, and it has a hell of a leadup to agnus dei playing over the final mission at megalith

I've heard that the original uncut version of ace combat 3 is basically the best tho due to lots of branching paths and it being far future fighter jet stuff

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

The great planes where the buffalo roam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

• Locked thread