Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My favorite part was Jotaro punching down that wall while Kakyoin and Joseph just stand behind him and pose. I loved that panel in the manga and wished they hung on that shot for a little longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Batmasterson posted:

Best part of the episode was Jotaro coming back for Pol and then smiling when Pol got all emotional about it. Friends for life.

Polnareff is somehow the best bro of every single other crusader. And that's why he's the greatest.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Nessus posted:

I thought the icicle buttplug was a good analogy.

I assume this was a literal translation of 'good/bad' idioms from Japanese, not Polnareff secretly endorsing the Fourteen Words before he fights a gay Dracula.

The French translation translates it as "light" versus "dark".

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I straight up forget what happens from politician-chucking until the very last bits of the fight, so the next one or two episodes have me excited again.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lmfao you put spoiler tags on a picture of a green square.

lol

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pootybutt posted:

I'm kinda glad they cut from the sidewalk scene too. Makes the "I've gone to such lengths for you" line much creepier.

why doesn't the car have any dents or blood

e: it does

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

loving Kakyoin, don't you die on me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

My favorite part was Jotaro punching down that wall while Kakyoin and Joseph just stand behind him and pose. I loved that panel in the manga and wished they hung on that shot for a little longer.

"Jotaro, Kakyoin, I have a plan. First we'll have Star Platinum break down the wall and when the rubble has cleared, we'll all count to three in our heads and point. Then I'll tip my hat and say "No worries, Polnareff" it'll be so cool."

e: Lifted from the official JoJo Anime site

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 30, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

MONKET posted:

Let's also remember that DIO literally just tore someone's front teeth out for the hell of it. Like, he looked at this person and decided that it wasn't enough to just punch him or break his arm or something, but ripping out his teeth would be pretty cool.

God these are going to be some amazing episodes.

Remember kid dio burned his adoptive brother's dog alive because he hit him after making a pass on erika. Dio's just kind of a rear end in a top hat I suppose.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Danny tied himself up in barbed wire, rolled into the box and jumped into the furnace on himself.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Aurain posted:

e: Lifted from the official JoJo Anime site

HOLY DIVER
YOUVE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

DrManiac posted:

Remember kid dio burned his adoptive brother's dog alive because he hit him after making a pass on erika. Dio's just kind of a rear end in a top hat I suppose.
Somebody said that about different fictional villain, but Dio isn't so much evil as he is just a giant piece of poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stand Proud ~ Dramatic Ver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPvCmAc8bQ

e: Polnareff's "NAKED SILVER" is video game as hell.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 30, 2015

couwy
Nov 9, 2009

~just feels good~

Worst Girl posted:

Nukesaku was in the mansion, so he'd have to have been one of DIO's most trusted subordinates.

The story needed a (very loose) Renfield equivalent.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Silver2195 posted:

Not a mistranslation, just an excessively literal one.

Yeah, black and white has a justice thing connotation in japanese.

Like the way the judge declares Guilty or Innocent is literally Black or White.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Symbolic Butt posted:

Yeah, black and white has a justice thing connotation in japanese.

Like the way the judge declares Guilty or Innocent is literally Black or White.
Same way as in the US then.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Forgall posted:

goddamn

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Forgall posted:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Forgall posted:

:drat:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Polnareff is somehow the best bro of every single other crusader. And that's why he's the greatest.

It's also why he's almost assuredly going to die soon. :ohdear:

Forgall posted:

:boom:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Forgall posted:

Somebody said that about different fictional villain, but Dio isn't so much evil as he is just a giant piece of poo poo.

He may have been at the bottom of the ocean for a hundred years, but essentially he's still the same 20 year old shithead he was when he became a vampire

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Forgall posted:

N'Doul called him "an evil saviour". Dio is a huge rear end in a top hat who does spiteful things for his own amusement, but he's also an incredibly powerful evil person who constantly tries to seize control of everything around him, from the mansion he lived in as a kid to the country he lived in as a vampire. The only reason Cairo isn't some kind of vampire hellhole is that Dio has spent the last few months trying to make Jonathan's body listen to him because he's worried about the Joestars kicking his rear end.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

100 years at the bottom of the sea gives you a lot of time to think up some nice ways to torture people and possibly some other retarded sounding things.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Aurain posted:

Polnareff's "NAKED SILVER" is video game as hell.

Sounds like the title of a Metal Gear game.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So that's why I could never get up the stairs in that game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
So long gay DIO~

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Forgall posted:

god drat son

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Forgall posted:

Someone give this man a raise.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

N'Doul called him "an evil saviour". Dio is a huge rear end in a top hat who does spiteful things for his own amusement, but he's also an incredibly powerful evil person who constantly tries to seize control of everything around him, from the mansion he lived in as a kid to the country he lived in as a vampire. The only reason Cairo isn't some kind of vampire hellhole is that Dio has spent the last few months trying to make Jonathan's body listen to him because he's worried about the Joestars kicking his rear end.
Dio doesn't seem to want absolute control over everything like Dracula. If nothing else he probably knows about UV lamps, which would gently caress him up good. His Stand doesn't seem to be good for THAT at least.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Forgall posted:

nice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

US is getting owned by anime this week.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 30, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thought his power was just world manipulation, cause its name is the world

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

US is getting owned by anime this week.

Someone call an ambulance, my tables are broken!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GorfZaplen posted:

Someone call an ambulance, my tables are broken!

That's what I get from posting from a device that auto resizes images like it was made in the 21st century or something

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Moltrey posted:

Forgall posted:

:vince:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zeruel posted:

HOLY DIVER
YOUVE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA

the wildest rear end posted:

He may have been at the bottom of the ocean for a hundred years, but essentially he's still the same 20 year old shithead he was when he became a vampire

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oh

Oooooooh

:vince:

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Everyone asking for Holy Diver finally got what they wanted. :V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hands down, the best musical reference in JJBA is The World's visual pun.

• Locked thread