Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

gnome7 posted:

Kelp Charger is the loadout of champions, I love the sprinkler so much and the basic charger is incredible once you get used to using it. I play very defensively in this game and the charger suits that so very well.

This game is inkredible, GOTY 2015.

Theoretically I'd like to try to get half decent at all the weapons, but I can't help but swim in a straight line to the nearest enemy as fast as possible, so chargers don't really work out.

I have a few sets I switch between:

Splattershot Jr. obviously

.52 gal deco is deceptively strong up close, 3 hits kills and it's pretty quick. Doesn't spread that well, but the sub weapon is my favorite one.

Tentatek Splattershot has a non-worthless sub and super so it's good

Aerospray MG is insane at spreading ink but less good at killing. Good sub and super.

I want to get decent at the Krak-On Splat Roller since the paintbrush seems awesome and I want to have a handle on how rollers work. I'm not great with it though. I can't spread ink very fast with it, not as fast as the Aerospray at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I woke up at 4AM.

Figured I'd play a single round as I had insomnia. Then I noticed I was 3000 away from leveling up, that's 3 games I can do that. Then I noticed the random gear I was using only needed 2000 more to upgrade...

Love the reactions from the shopkeepers now that I'm 10 though. I actually didn't talk to spyke till then and he had unique lines to :buddy:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Took inspiration from a strange liquid stuck to my grandfathers blueprints"
Weapon is white.

:frogsiren:

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
I have to say that despite the lack of content right now, this game is absolutely a blast to play. Wii U now has the holy trifecta of great games from different genres - Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. and now Splatoon - which have all exceeded my expectations. Really didn't see this situation coming when I bought the Wii U. Good job, Nintendo!

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I just added some of you all. I'm BeanBunny, add me! If you don't mind, leave me some indication that you're a goon so I know that you're not a random miiverser.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

My NNID is "heranbago" without quotes. Add me for waiting in queues together. I'm playing on ethernet from GMT+1 and haven't experienced any lag playing with people from North America. Is there a PGS thread for Splatoon or something? The old spreadsheet only has one other Splatoon player.

Gameplay is on-point. I took someone's suggestion ITT and turned on motion controls with maximum sensitivity and it's really the best option. You can just put the thing in your lap, re-center the camera at the start of a fight or life, and barely move the thing to aim.

The song that has a bunch of synthy voice stuff (is this supposed to be the squids singing?) really grinds my gears.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

#splagoons on Synirc if you want to chat about how bad rollers are and how noone uses your loving Squid Beacon.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Man some parts of the game are kinda depressing
Judd is pretty upbeat for being the last cat on Earth :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SiftRock if you wanna add me.

Just got a 87% win :getin:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Does anyone know if you can get the sunken scrolls in the amiibo levels as well if you missed them in the regular levels?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I just wanted to play a few rounds after getting home, where did the last three hours go? :cripes:

My NNID is Whaddageek.

edit: Country is fuckin' 'straya mate and my weapon is the 52 Gal.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 30, 2015

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Dunban posted:

Does anyone know if you can get the sunken scrolls in the amiibo levels as well if you missed them in the regular levels?

You can't. I missed one in one level and after I finished it I immediately went into the Amiibo version of the level; the box the scroll was in just gave me those orange ball things.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

oopsie rock posted:

You can't. I missed one in one level and after I finished it I immediately went into the Amiibo version of the level; the box the scroll was in just gave me those orange ball things.

I see, thanks. Guess I'll be playing some of those levels at least three times then.

Lurkcopter
Aug 6, 2013
The Splatter shot jr. and it's variant own. I'll often mess about with the other weapons like the blaster, the chargers and the roller(which I'm still terrible at) and they're all fine, but any time I go back to any of the juniors I just cut a inky swathe across the turf. Try out the custom sometime, it doesn't have that amazing shield, but with some special duration up or special charge up you can fire off the echolocation constantly and give your team total awareness of the enemy. And the weakeners are basically a death grip for whatever poor squids and/or kids that get caught up in it.

By the way, does anyone know if the splat rifle you can see in the shooting range is available as a weapon? it looks pretty neat.

(My NNID is Lurkcopter)

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Aerospray is really good but man, you need to stack some damage on that thing.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also experimented with the charger that has the sprinkler. Im still really bad at chargers but holy cow the Sprinkler makes the coverage ability a complete non issue. Just throw that fucker in a high place and it does all the turf claiming for you.

E: lmao also

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
So salt spray rig. Get a weapon with the splash wall thing and the top area is fairly trivial to hold, as long as your team cooperates. Which it never does. This is the only time I've wished I could yell at pubbies.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren:
:getin:

I'm going through this thread now to compile your Nintendo IDs into a document.

To make things easier can you please list your
- NNID
- Country
- Preferred weapon (Optional)

:siren::pcgaming: Document is here :pcgaming::siren:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

- NNID
- Country

bread set jettison JetSetJettison USA Perferred weapon the battered corpse of Team Cat

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
Nnid: hagkji
Weapon: custom splattershot jr or. 52 gal deco

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
nnid: GoogleChrome69
Weapon: Charger

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
nnid: SaxtnHale

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

nnid: codenamefangio
Weapon: I am a roller man.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

- NNID
- Country

Updated mine with country and weapon.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
BeanBunny, murica, roller master race.

EDIT: By the time I realized I could edit this myself, I went into the doc and watched someone else type my info. That was hilarious, thanks random goon.

Just for some content, I have a question: in single player, are the scrolls that you get from boss fights the only scrolls that give weapons, or do I have to hunt up all 32 of these little bastards?

Bean fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 30, 2015

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
- DrasticActions
- USA
- Roller (usually)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Updated mine with country and weapon.

Friend me oval office

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

NNID: Suaimhneas

Haven't decided on a favourite weapon yet, they're all fun! Even the charger, which I thought was poo poo from a butt during the testfire, turned out good once I got some practice with it and found some good vantage points to use it from. Although getting high scores with it is still a challenge.

Edit: phoneposting on my way to work right now, so can't make/accept friend requests (or play Splatoon) for another 7 hours or so :negative:

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 30, 2015

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Infinitum posted:

- NNID
- Country

-LifeVirus7
-USA
-Still trying to pick.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Alright. Imma play a few rounds with Neddy Seagoon and then I'll go through this thread and add everyone.

List is up-to-date as of this page~

Damone
May 3, 2009

Infinitum posted:

- NNID
- Country

DamoneTI
Netherlands
Kelpler Charger

Kind of tired of getting matched against Japanese people, definitely had some lag issues with them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I want two things from Splatoon and they are both hair choices: I want Octoling hair and I would also like a squid tentacle mohawk.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Crasical posted:

What the hell do the Squid Sisters have on their heads? It looks like a scrub brush and a small bowl worn as hats.

SkeletonHero posted:

An abalone and a barnacle, I think.

Or maybe sushi and an oversized sucker.

You guys just reminded me of this.

Also, goddamn do I suck at shooters (but I still had fun last night). I'll probably play some story mode and see if that can help me improve a little bit.

EDIT:

Infinitum posted:

- NNID
- Country

- FolttheBolt
- Norway :norway:
- Will probably gravitate towards splattershot type weapons.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 30, 2015

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Infinitum posted:

- NNID
- Country

Thanks infinitum this is really cool.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I can't wait till we can ink dudes in a goon stack

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Does this game support two people locally playing online like Mario Kart does? My girlfriend actually thinks this game looks fun!

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'd give mine but I'm too lazy to organise or time sync. :shobon:
e: Szmitten / UK / Splattershot jr currently

Wildtortilla posted:

Does this game support two people locally playing online like Mario Kart does? My girlfriend actually thinks this game looks fun!

No; there's a one-on-one mode but you'd need a CCPro. Pass the gamepad between yourselves instead, because it is fun.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Szmitten posted:

I'd give mine but I'm too lazy to organise or time sync. :shobon:
e: Szmitten / UK / Splattershot jr currently

No; there's a one-on-one mode but you'd need a CCPro. Pass the gamepad between yourselves instead, because it is fun.

A CCPro? We have two Wii U Pro Controllers, the gamepad, and a classic pro controller (the thing that plugs into a Wii Mote).

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i love the clothing customization in this game. it's all stuff i wear irl. the snapbacks,basketball jerseys and motherfuckin yeezys. i don't think i've ever been this obsessed with having to buy all the clothes in a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Is there a list of names being amassed? If not, my NNID is Moraduke. Let us paint together!

I should also add that I'm in the U.S. on the East Coast, but the netcode has been so smooth playing with people in Japan that it shouldn't matter.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 30, 2015

• Locked thread