Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I took a week after the semester ended to do not much of anything useful because I was really tired. I should be doing things but I still don't feel like doing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Inzombiac posted:

"There is a big difference between ten years of experience and repeating the same year ten times."

I've never heard that phrase before, but drat if it isn't appropriate for a lot of people I've worked with over the years.

My FWP contribution is that I have the long weekend off, but didn't know I would. So I have no plans for it, and all my friends are leaving the city.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I can't see my psychaitrist for another month. Looks like no mood stabilizers until then, yay!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Astrofig posted:

I can't see my psychaitrist for another month. Looks like no mood stabilizers until then, yay!
Find yourself an urgent care. If you have a preexisting scrip, they can get you a refill. Depending on where you live, there maybe a dedicated psych UCC.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Apparently my neighbor has bought one of his children a drum set.

That in itself is annoying enough, but also, the child has no rhythm.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Our internet provider is doing line works on the fibre and we're out for potentially 3 weeks

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

At 7am this morning, after about three hours sleep, I suddenly found myself wide awake for no apparent reason. I have no need to be up this early and I'll probably be really tired later.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mad Max was so good.

I'm gonna see it again in theaters and I should use that time for something else.
"WITNESS"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I really hate that fast food places like McDonald's and Wendy's serve breakfast menus. Why the gently caress can't I have a Big Mac or a chicken sandwich at 8am? Plus their breakfast items are always loving disgusting. I tried them and it's bread that tastes like styrofoam with some "sausage" that just tastes like solidified oil, and some "eggs" that are like fried vomit.

And then other places like Jimmy Johns aren't open till 11am or so. And then there's Corner Bakery, which actually makes good breakfast food, keeps changing their menu so now they don't serve ham in the morning (wtf??), only bacon, but I don't want loving bacon. I asked the lady if I could have ham instead and she said no. Come on, it's a piece of lunch meat, just take it out of the drat fridge! It's not like you have to cook it!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My sister took the loving toothpaste with her to the other house when she went to babysit for our cousin :argh: now my teeth will feel funky all day

Edit: never mind i figured it out :pseudo:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 11:55 on May 22, 2015

TINY T-REX ARMS
Feb 12, 2011
My son's pediatrician botched up the blood tests they had to do for his two year physical so now I have to take him to an outside lab to get them re-done. I get that we gotta make sure he's healthy and all that but he squirms and screams so muuuuuch... I feel bad for him/don't want to have to hold my weirdly strong two year old down.

Too lazy to get up and make breakfast, currently starving to death on the couch.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to go shopping, but I want catfish and pretzel rolls and to pick up my meds, but again, I don't WANT to go shopping. I want to stay home and not deal with poo poo traffic on a hot day.

If I do not go get these things, I will have to get them later, and I want them now, but again, I am comfortable.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My sister took the loving toothpaste with her to the other house when she went to babysit for our cousin :argh: now my teeth will feel funky all day

Edit: never mind i figured it out :pseudo:

I would like to hear more.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My accountant just called and complained that I have too much money for him to manage. He suggested I give my house staff a decent raise to offset my unusual capital growth.

He's so smart. What would even do with even more money?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

My accountant just called and complained that I have too much money for him to manage.

This may be the ultimate First World Problem.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Inzombiac isn't messing around.

I'm at my parents' place and can't RDP to my hope PC, probably because my external IP changed for the first time in ages when I restarted the modem. The only place I could potentially find out my IP address from the outside is in the web host logs, but it seems that I haven't accessed it since the change. Dynamic IPs suck :cry:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
^ I want that drat frog so much, but it's a 0% chance that I will ever find it, and I remember in like 2009 some goon found one at a garage sale and posted pics and I was and am still so jealous.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The MP3 player I use/keep in my car, the Creative Zen X-Fi2, seems to be dying. I don't know if it's actually breaking, or the fact that my more modern car doesn't charge the thing when the car isn't on so I'm just dealing with a device that sometimes just does dead from lack of charge.

Why is this so annoying? First-worldy, spergy reasons. Out of all the MP3 players I've tried in my car, the Zen X-Fi2 is the only one that my car recognizes as a USB device instead of a MTP (media) device. I don't know why, but how my car's stereo treats the two things differently: USB devices may take a few minutes to scan, but afterwards the song's title comes up as soon as the song does. MTP devices don't scan, and there's a notable delay for song titles/info to come on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
EEEEENNNNNNnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhh......

I put through an order on shapeways friday night cause of a coupon and they haven't started printing it yet...

Also I found a pretty cool 3d model of a skyrim dagger but it's made solid for those normal people 3d printers and it's loving crazy expensive to print because of that.

I've also found out that I can have a mask cnc'd out of wood but a: I can't model worth poo poo, b: there's literally no reference material for the mask outside of 1 picture, and c: I have no idea who to pester TO get the thing cnc'd out.

GOD MY LIFE IS SO HARD I JUST NEED TO WIN POWERBALL AND LIKE 99% OF MY PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The postal service here in Italy is a loving joke. I placed an order for something from the UK last Monday. It was shipped on Tuesday, and it arrived in Italy on Wednesday. Despite Saturday being a working day for the postal service, it's not here yet.

One day order-shipping.
One day shipping-arrival in Italy (about 1000 km).
Four days (and counting) arrival in Italy-my house (about 200 km).

Get hosed :argh:

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
Today is Memorial Day and I have the day off... But since I knew I had no work today I saved all my school work for the week to do today.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I'm trapped at work because of severe weather. The elderly are playing charades.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't go out to eat anymore because I'm always being harassed by beautiful women looking to get my attention.

If I wanted to share my chocolate soufflé with gold shaving and Dom Perignon glaze, I would have my attendant write you a gilded note. Until that happens, stay behind the goddamn rope!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I ate some fries and now i'm full of fries but I still have fries left, I don't want to throw the fries away but I also don't want to put the fries in the fridge because they'll get mealy and i'll throw them out later in the week anyway. I need some sort of cool fry life hack to keep them nice so I can eat them later.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

No Such Thing posted:

I ate some fries and now i'm full of fries but I still have fries left, I don't want to throw the fries away but I also don't want to put the fries in the fridge because they'll get mealy and i'll throw them out later in the week anyway. I need some sort of cool fry life hack to keep them nice so I can eat them later.

When you go back to them, microwave them and eat them with mayonnaise. They still won't be as good as fresh, but they're not bad that way.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Rolo posted:

I would like to hear more.

About what? My sister, or the problem I was having? If the latter, it was an issue with the Awful app that I fixed by the arcane art of "clearing the cache". If the former, that's creepy you're creepy :catstare:

First World Problem: 900+ new posts in the Fifa thread overnight, and I'd just gotten caught up! :f5h::cry:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

About what? My sister, or the problem I was having? If the latter, it was an issue with the Awful app that I fixed by the arcane art of "clearing the cache". If the former, that's creepy you're creepy :catstare:
You solved the problem of having no toothpaste by clearing the cache on your phone? :confused:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Technology marches on :science:
No in seriousness I just stole the tube out of the other bathroom. But it was inconvenient, dammit!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My Sodastream tank is running low. I can go swap out the tank first thing tomorrow, but I want bubbly water tonight, dammit.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If had a gram of silver for every ounce of gold in my vault, I could adorn my soldiers armor to accurately portray the majesty of my sovereign nation.

Until then, their diamond swords will suffice.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Mayoral and gubernatorial elections tomorrow. I'll actually have to get off my lazy rear end and go down to the polling centre to vote. On a Sunday :argh:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The official US release of Kung Fu Killer is out of theaters but won't be on any streaming service for god knows how long and yeah I guess I could order the Blu-Ray but for gently caress's sake it came out in Hong Kong last year I just wanna see Donnie Yen kick the poo poo out of people

also I don't have a blu-ray player except on my computer and I want to watch it on my bigass TV.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I took a nap this evening and felt like garbage so I took that as a sign to call it an early night. Got up, got ready for bed, and now I've been laying in bed for hours unable to fall asleep.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I decided I wanted to reread the Wheel of Time books. Only sometime between 2013 and now, my local library apparently stopped putting the first book's physical copy out. So I had to get the CD audio book, which they still have. I wouldn't normally mind but the reader for this one makes me sleepy. I'll probably have to renew my check out, because I don't know if I can power through all 30 hours in two weeks with this dude lulling me to sleep.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Why the gently caress did I agree to a 16 hour shift what the gently caress is wrong with me :shepicide:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I have 8 more work days before my 2 month-long summer vacation begins...

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I have huge medical bills that I can't afford, partly because my medication is $800/month.

:patriot:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm going to an outdoor concert that I'm really excited about on Thursday, but it's supposed to be cold and rainy. The venue is rain or shine, so no worries there. But I'd bought a cute new sundress just for that night, and it looks like I'll be rockin' jeans and a dumpy raincoat instead.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

I have huge medical bills that I can't afford, partly because my medication is $800/month.

:patriot:

This is for first world problems. America's healthcare system doesn't qualify sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

There's too much crayfish in my crayfish salad. It's nice enough, but the last two forkfuls are going to be all crayfish and no salad.