Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

anatomi posted:

Really bummed that there're a few quests I can't complete because I dove too far into Triss' storyline.

There are other opportunities to complete them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Pyromancer posted:

It's in your stats if you hit C from inventory. Also gog galaxy/steam if you use those to launch it

I don't understand. Says I've been playing for 5 days, 11 hours, but I certainly haven't put 130 hours into it.

e: someone on Reddit says PS4 Rest Mode will still count as total play time, so I guess that's it.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It's unclear to me. If I buy this either online from the XBox store or directly from my XBone, am I purchasing the physical copy or a digital download.
My disc reader is getting wonky and it refuses to read discs a LOT.

Doesn't look available as a download. Meh.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 30, 2015

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Alright, I'm level 4 and all my quests are at a level that is a little too high for me to do and I'm having trouble leveling up. I've looked at notice boards, checked out the question marks on the map and cleared out White Orchard. Right now I'm in Velen and seem to have hit a brick wall. I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty (maybe I should decrease it) but at level 4 and coming across only level 7-8 bandit camps, I'm struggling.

Tips on how to level, please!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Anyone have a screenshot or a better description or something of where Triss' house is in Novigrad? She said somethingsomething fish market but I ran off to do some other things and now I can't find it again.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wanna witcher, but i also wanna get xp.. how heavily does the no sidequest xp bug affect little me at level 7

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Verranicus posted:

Having to watch the stupid Dandelion narrations every time you switch zones is pretty dumb.

CJacobs posted:

I've tried them all and surprisingly, none of those things turn the Dandelion recaps into normal loading screens in mid-game. Thanks for trying to help though.

Regarding the recap/intro videos, you can disable them: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/66/

Also, this nerd wrote a bunch of :words: on the XP bug, I have no idea if he actually has a handle on this, but it sounds like he does and he's not writing in a hysteria like half of the Internet:

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/37r3t4/seems_like_a_lot_of_people_dont_understand_the_xp/

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

AndrewP posted:

I don't understand. Says I've been playing for 5 days, 11 hours, but I certainly haven't put 130 hours into it.

e: someone on Reddit says PS4 Rest Mode will still count as total play time, so I guess that's it.

It's not that either, I always power off completely, and it still says I played 20 hours a day since release.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Alright, I'm level 4 and all my quests are at a level that is a little too high for me to do and I'm having trouble leveling up. I've looked at notice boards, checked out the question marks on the map and cleared out White Orchard. Right now I'm in Velen and seem to have hit a brick wall. I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty (maybe I should decrease it) but at level 4 and coming across only level 7-8 bandit camps, I'm struggling.

Tips on how to level, please!

You should be able to just follow the main quest at that point, it gives you a lot of xp and doesn't (yet) have that much combat.

Nielsen
Jun 12, 2013

Krogort posted:

Is there a way to get one of these cool nilfgaardian plate armor ?
One vendor in Skellige sell a Nilfgardian Pants and Gloves but thats all I found.

Spoiler location of armour:

Lighthouse on Ard Skellig at the south eastern tip had a Nilfgaard plate armour for me on 2nd or 3rd floor.

Not sure if they're random though, but you can try there at least.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I think a lot of the people panicking about the XP bug are just assuming they should be getting more XP than they are because they have quests/items in their inventory that are in the 30s or higher and they're seriously underestimating the length of the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Verranicus posted:

I think a lot of the people panicking about the XP bug are just assuming they should be getting more XP than they are because they have quests/items in their inventory that are in the 30s or higher and they're seriously underestimating the length of the game.

Not getting any XP from major quests of approriate level is a pretty clear giveaway.

I just gave myself like 2-3 levels with cheatengine and proceeded not to care about being the bug.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

turtlecrunch posted:

Anyone have a screenshot or a better description or something of where Triss' house is in Novigrad? She said somethingsomething fish market but I ran off to do some other things and now I can't find it again.

I don't have a map handy, but basically start at the Tetrarch square and head northeast. You'll quickly come into an area that looks a bit run down. Look for a tall, almost tower-like building that's precariously leaning sideways, she lives on the top floor.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
When Redania's Most Wanted, I got a red missed objective "talk to Yennefer about the crystal" - afaik I have no way to meet her. I'm at "Get Junior" in the main plot - am I far away from getting access to Yen? Thinking about loading my last savegame and holding off on finishing Redania's Most Wanted...

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Elihal sounds hot and I haven't seen an elf this whole loving game so I'll go see her firOH MY GOD :stonk:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

This game would be better if it had more Vernon Roach.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This game would be better if it had more Vernon Roach.

I still want a mod that changes my horse's name from Roach to Roche.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It's hard to read the PS4 and XBONE forumes for this over on Gamefaqs. I think 99% of the bitching about the game from the people who don't like it is coming from console players who have throbbing hard-ons for Bloodborne and are somehow threatened by Witcher 3's popularity.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PirateBob posted:

When Redania's Most Wanted, I got a red missed objective "talk to Yennefer about the crystal" - afaik I have no way to meet her. I'm at "Get Junior" in the main plot - am I far away from getting access to Yen? Thinking about loading my last savegame and holding off on finishing Redania's Most Wanted...

Did you talk to Triss about it? You can talk to either sorceress about it. You can get to Yen whenever if you go to Skellige.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Verranicus posted:

It's hard to read the PS4 and XBONE forumes for this over on Gamefaqs. I think 99% of the bitching about the game from the people who don't like it is coming from console players who have throbbing hard-ons for Bloodborne and are somehow threatened by Witcher 3's popularity.

Depends what they're complaining about.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Aurain posted:

Did you talk to Triss about it? You can talk to either sorceress about it. You can get to Yen whenever if you go to Skellige.

I know. Just curious. Don't like having any failed objectives/quests without knowing why I missed out. :)

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

poptart_fairy posted:

Depends what they're complaining about.

"It's not Bloodborne" seems to be the biggest complaint.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Verranicus posted:

Every game from now until the rest of time should be exactly like Bloodborne. From Software is the vicar of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.
In Skellige, the trigger for the sidequest The Cave of Dreams made me sperg out. It only works because of Cutscene Dumb. Spoiler for trigger master witcher Geralt gets knocked to the ground with a single punch during a cutscene like a chump after defeating tons of monsters and humans? Come on, CDPR, I'm sure you could've come up with something better.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Verranicus posted:

Well it tries to ape the combat style but does it in a clunkier way, so. :v:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

Different strokes and all that. I play this game for the story and the setting, on easy, mashing my sword into monster faces with the occasional sidestep.

I still think that arkham series and SoW combat is fundamentally different. It's more about the rythm as well as using cool combos in the right situation, while the witcher is more about planning out your strategy and stuff.

You can't put the game on easy and then complain the combat is boring.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

poptart_fairy posted:

I don't really get a From Software vibe from the game at all? Feels more like they were borrowing from the Arkham games and Shadow of Mordor to me.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

poptart_fairy posted:

Every third person ARPG is now aping Bloodborne.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

No it doesn't, Dark Souls didn't invent third person games with attacks and dodging.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

No it doesn't, Dark Souls didn't invent third person games with attacks and dodging.

Yeah, it was totally Demon's Souls not Dark souls.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I remember that time I played a Souls game with spells that take 0.1 seconds to cast and insanely fast sidesteps.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I just picked this up on Steam.

How do I tell it what choices I made in Witcher 2? I played W2 on the Xbox, so I picked "simulate save", but it never asked for my choices or anything.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

this game is a pretty cool ocarina-of-time-a-like, eh?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

I remember that time I played a Souls game with spells that take 0.1 seconds to cast and insanely fast sidesteps.

You should play Bloodborne, it's great.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Annath posted:

How do I tell it what choices I made in Witcher 2? I played W2 on the Xbox, so I picked "simulate save", but it never asked for my choices or anything.

It happens when you leave the first area (White Orchard), you will be summoned for an audience and interrogated. You cannot miss it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I loving love Polish Skyrim.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Andrast posted:

You should play Bloodborne, it's great.

It's really hard, but fair.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

GrossMurpel posted:

It happens when you leave the first area (White Orchard), you will be summoned for an audience and interrogated. You cannot miss it.

Ah, ok! I haven't left White Orchard yet.

Kinda blown away by the size of just the intro area... Glad I've got a while before classes start again...

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
So what's the thread's opinion about this God of War clone?

Annath posted:

Ah, ok! I haven't left White Orchard yet.

Kinda blown away by the size of just the intro area... Glad I've got a while before classes start again...

I recommend clearing every question mark in this area so you know what they're all about and you can be further blown away in the real open world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Annath posted:

it's after you leave white orchard