Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Aw come on, I posted that exact link like 4 posts earlier.

*grumble grumble dont get no respect in here grumble*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Trip officially booked for 10/25-10/31. Food and wine with MNSSHP in one trip, can't beat it.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Shirt is dope, bought shirt. First glow in the dark thing I've owned in I dunno how long.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/hillsborough-regional-news/busch-gardens-to-debut-new-spin-coaster-called-cobras-curse?autoplay=true

Busch Gardens new coaster looks SICKKK

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo I can just imagine the projectile vomiting now. Looks fun but gently caress that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Aw come on, I posted that exact link like 4 posts earlier.

*grumble grumble dont get no respect in here grumble*

Yeah well I posted a picture and talked about the shirt :colbert:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Eh, looks like an outdoor version of Gringotts without all the show/effects. They even call it a family ride.

The Universal water park is official now though, and looks really cool.

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/volcano-bay-announcement/

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I may have asked this before but what's the deal with the Peter Pan ride. I just looked at the app and it listed an 85 min wait. Mine train is only at 70...

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

skipdogg posted:

I may have asked this before but what's the deal with the Peter Pan ride. I just looked at the app and it listed an 85 min wait. Mine train is only at 70...

Peter Pan is like a 3 minute ride or something but the kids loving love it.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The waits seem insane though. Is it really inefficient when loading/unloading? We didn't even try to ride it when we were there

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Skeezy posted:

Peter Pan is like a 3 minute ride or something but the kids loving love it.

Two minutes and twenty six seconds from the time we sat down till we walked off. Yes, I timed it because I was mad as hell.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's a non-stop conveyor belt loading dark ride like the Haunted Mansion. I can only assume it breaks down a lot or something because it's always a long wait.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
^^^ It's a belt loading ride, yes, but it's not like the mansion where they can just be like "Get on the ride, go now." they load one family at a time onto the belt. It's slow goings.

skipdogg posted:

The waits seem insane though. Is it really inefficient when loading/unloading? We didn't even try to ride it when we were there

It's a combination of a slow loading ride (they can only load one family at a time despite it being essentially an omni mover) and demand mix to create a long wait time. People see a long wait time, assume it must be good, and wait goes up.

The ride is worth a 30 minute wait, tops. Although the new interactive queue is the bees loving knees and would keep me entertained for at least 45 minutes, so maybe I'm too hard on the ride.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Bottom Liner posted:

It's a non-stop conveyor belt loading dark ride like the Haunted Mansion. I can only assume it breaks down a lot or something because it's always a long wait.

I think the throughput is just miserably low. It's a relatively old ride.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
Saw this pop up on my news feed this morning: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-peak-pricing-20150528-story.html

Interesting idea, not sure if it would actually a) help reduce crowds, b) gently caress people over who aren't paying attention, or c) just increase revenue for Disney

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Here in Orlando its $125 peak (holidays & summer), $105 non-peak. Problem is the parks are generally overcrowded and raising the price does nothing as they are already doing it multiple times during the year. They have not hit the pain point where people say 'enough' and won't pay the ticket price so they will continue to push the boundary. You have people that come over from overseas where money is not an object to them so the average person will be relegated to non-peak season to visit the park. We all know Disney does not give one single gently caress about anyone so long as the register continues to chime.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

demonR6 posted:

Here in Orlando its $125 peak (holidays & summer), $105 non-peak. Problem is the parks are generally overcrowded and raising the price does nothing as they are already doing it multiple times during the year. They have not hit the pain point where people say 'enough' and won't pay the ticket price so they will continue to push the boundary. You have people that come over from overseas where money is not an object to them so the average person will be relegated to non-peak season to visit the park. We all know Disney does not give one single gently caress about anyone so long as the register continues to chime.

That's a good point, I guess growing up (relatively) close to Disneyland, I saw a much different crowd, since a far larger percent were people like me and my family that would decide last minute to take a quick trip down for a day or two, and inflated pricing would have changed those plans more times than not.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

demonR6 posted:

Build more Disney parks. I want to go to Disney Shreveport.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Shoutout to demonR6 for being the most awesome dude and making me ecstatic when this showed up at my house today. Can't wait to use it in 111 days!

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

Fejsze posted:

Saw this pop up on my news feed this morning: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-peak-pricing-20150528-story.html

Interesting idea, not sure if it would actually a) help reduce crowds, b) gently caress people over who aren't paying attention, or c) just increase revenue for Disney

This is exactly what Disneyland Paris implemented this year, but with different names: Mini (€62), Magic (€74) and Super Magic (€84). Like demonR6 says, this doesn't really affect anyone but the most casual of visitors and only introduces unnecessary complexity.

Most people think the tickets are still too cheap - if you go at least 2 days in a year you're better off with an annual passport.

In further "what the hell are they smoking" news, they recently announced a special offer for Annual Passport holders: an ENTIRE YEAR of PhotoPass+ for about €40.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I know we have a forum for this but whatever, Disney isn't moving forward with Tron 3.

Couple folks blaming it on Tomorrowland.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

Shoutout to demonR6 for being the most awesome dude and making me ecstatic when this showed up at my house today. Can't wait to use it in 111 days!

Hey cool I saw the tracking earlier and knew you had it.. was waiting for the post. :D

Tomorrow we go to get the Darth Maul passholder poster. I think that will be my favorite of the five.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Skeezy posted:

I know we have a forum for this but whatever, Disney isn't moving forward with Tron 3.

Couple folks blaming it on Tomorrowland.

...Or the fact that Tron 2 was a steaming pile of poo poo?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

MrYenko posted:

...Or the fact that Tron 2 was a steaming pile of poo poo?

Yeah that also lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So looks like the Jedi Donald and Mickey SWW Magic Bands are sold out for good.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Animal Kingdom had a cast family sunrise walk today and I went with my wife. Got some great pics of the park with gorgeous early morning light and not a soul in sight, except for a few workers getting ready for the day. Really cool to see the place empty, everything was so much prettier without the crowd and noise. Dinoland was pretty funny, it looked like an abandoned carnival that would be kinda creepy at night. I also saw the Avatarland construction pretty close coming in the back way, but I was driving and didn't get any pics. The big building I'm assuming will be the flight ride is huge, I'm thinking it's going to be similar to the Forbidden Journey at Islands.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 30, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Animal Kingdom is gorgeous with no one there.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
My parents live in Florida and go a couple times a month and they were able to get the pins in Tomorrowland for me and my wife. It's our first Disney pin purchase and since we bought season passes and will be going a lot more now we figured it would be fun to collect them. We were just there a few weeks ago and they didn't have them. The guy said as soon as the put them out they are almost sold out. She bought them for 8.95 each.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

gently caress yes I'm going to need that.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That's different than the one they gave out at EPCOT. I like that the trading one has the old school Tomorrowland colors.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Yeah that looks different from the two I have

So now, of course, I want them all.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Yeah that looks different from the two I have

So now, of course, I want them all.

Where did you get those at?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Confirmed the Mickey and Donald Magic Bands are gone forever.. now to put my two Mickeys on eBay and make some money.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Skeezy posted:

Where did you get those at?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FU5757#.VWoTGGTBzGc
and
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FU5758#.VWoTGWTBzGc

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Three down, two to go! Stormtooper next week and Chewie the final week. I can't wait to get them framed and hung on my office wall.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

demonR6 posted:

Three down, two to go! Stormtooper next week and Chewie the final week. I can't wait to get them framed and hung on my office wall.

I wish my Main Gate pass counted as an AP. I want those posters like, so goddamn bad. If you manage to snag extra, yoooooo.

I got to go today, got my Star Tours nametag, met some characters, watched the shows, and then caught the fireworks, which were rad as gently caress. I missed out on SWW last year because I was just arriving and getting situated here in Orlando, but drat that was a fun day. Now I just need to get into the Rebel Hanger lounge and I'll have my Star Wars bucket list complete (besides getting a Donald MagicBand, but oh well)

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Donald & Mickey Jedi Magic Bands were gone yesterday. :(

We tried to snag extra posters but they were really cracking down with everyone wanting Darth Maul so badly. I suspect it will be the same with the Stormtrooper and Chewbacca the next two weeks. I'll see what I can do, I messaged a friend to see if he wanted to do a quick Studios run with me. It's HappyAnniBirthdayversay weekend for me and the wife so we've had a full calendar since Friday.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

demonR6 posted:

Donald & Mickey Jedi Magic Bands were gone yesterday. :(

We tried to snag extra posters but they were really cracking down with everyone wanting Darth Maul so badly. I suspect it will be the same with the Stormtrooper and Chewbacca the next two weeks. I'll see what I can do, I messaged a friend to see if he wanted to do a quick Studios run with me. It's HappyAnniBirthdayversay weekend for me and the wife so we've had a full calendar since Friday.

yeah, I asked and they were like "All gone." which bums me out hardcore. I guess I'll just have to get the open edition stormtrooper one for my Star Wars needs.

In my personal Disney news: I passed my assessment at Haunted Mansion, so I am now officially a butler. If you come to the parks, swing by, i'm dying to see you.

I regret nothing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Congrats! My wife also just got promoted to pastry chef 2 and moved to full time at the Animal Kingdom production bakery, so we're at Hollywood to celebrate with some Rebel Hangar food. I'm also pretty stoked to get those sweet Disney benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

yeah, I asked and they were like "All gone." which bums me out hardcore. I guess I'll just have to get the open edition stormtrooper one for my Star Wars needs.

In my personal Disney news: I passed my assessment at Haunted Mansion, so I am now officially a butler. If you come to the parks, swing by, i'm dying to see you.

I regret nothing.

I need to meet up with you sometime.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 31, 2015