Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Cephalocidal posted:

No, it's not. The cutscenes are gone once you're in the post-game. It's either there to meet a Sony or Microsoft technical cert requirement or it's there for some other nebulous purpose. I'd lean towards the first.

Oh neat so load times are instant once you beat the game? Or is it replaced with a different screen with tool-tips thus making your point invalid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Would anyone know where to get the third foltest card? I think it is the only card I am missing.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

slev posted:

Would anyone know where to get the third foltest card? I think it is the only card I am missing.

I think I got it from the Nobleman in Vizima.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I think the XP bug is related to grey quests, but not in the way it was described before.

Big quests (like the story ones) have several steps and sub quests. For me, if any sub quest is grey, I don't get any XP for any part of the overall quest.

For example, Family Matters is level 6. As part if it you have to find the goat (don't remember the name of that quest, but it's level 5) and that sub-quest is level 5. So I got nothing for that quest as expected, but also got nothing for Family Matters.

It's an amazing game, but letting that get into the wild is really inexcusable.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cephalocidal posted:

No, it's not. The cutscenes are gone once you're in the post-game. It's either there to meet a Sony or Microsoft technical cert requirement or it's there for some other nebulous purpose. I'd lean towards the first.

It only shows the loading spinner after the cutscene for roughly 1 second on my computer, so I assume the recap cutscenes are covering up loads. How long are the load times once you're in post-game?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Megazver posted:

So is this the first Witcher game for anyone? I wanna hear your impressions. :allears:

It is for a friend of mine. Generally a cool dude with good taste. He's been raving about the combat, the writing, and the quest design all week.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

jaete posted:

Yep useful sheet that, cheers.

Still some bugs or imperfections somewhere. For instance, I seem to have 4 Poor loving Infantry cards for some reason. I also don't have a second Ballista or a second Clear Weather.

(Typo: "Black Infantry Archer", first one should be 1/2. Also some card names are wrong, e.g. "Archer Support" should be "Etolian Auxiliary Archers" etc, minor things)

Yeah, the Prima guide was pretty well loving poo poo with misinformation and being completely incorrect on the number of cards that exist. http://www.gwentcards.com/ and Prima both listed there being 2 "Albrich" cards. There's only one card in the game.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
What's the difference between Stun and Stagger? (runestone effects)

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
The combat is not hard but it punishes you for not paying attention. I'm going Cat build but putting a lot of points into signs because there's nothing better than stunning the big boss man of the area and instakilling him, and a properly used shield means you never take damage.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Hey fellow Gwent nerds. I found an awesome list of all the cards and where to get them. http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/witcher-3-gwent-cards-list/

Also, holy CHRIST this game is long. A character in Novigrad sums it up pretty well.

Priscilla: You mean you have to find Dudu to find Dandelion to find Ciri? That is a lot of searching.

That list is nice since it shows pictures, but it doesn't list all the cards. It actually has some pretty gaping holes in the list.

Use the checklist I made in google docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I20FoiznECcPGB24RRkPfQxd-2Pym5vI9QbTqYXsBAw/edit#gid=0

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

Manatee Cannon posted:

If you're heading to Skellige for the first time, you're still in the first act

Wait. I went for the ursine gear... I'm five gameplay days deep, you're saying I'm still in the first act?

Reeoorb fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 31, 2015

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

okay time to wrap up this singing scene!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Yep, I think I'm hit with the EXP bug too. Got no EXP for completing the weapon fetch quest for the guard at Kaer Trolde, a quest I had gotten after upping to 1.04. Thankfully I'm pretty sure I have enough to do to wait for the patch.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
"This guy keeps deflecting my arrows back at me! I better keep shooting arrows at him!" - A Bandit

Goes to show that if you're not smart enough to plow a field, you can always be a bandit.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
I've beaten the game, and bought a few respec potions to fiddle with things.

Cluster bombs is amazingly fun. Holy Christ. Throwing a Dancing Star into a pack of humanoid enemies and listening to their screams as they all burn. :hellyeah:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

PirateBob posted:

What's the difference between Stun and Stagger? (runestone effects)

Stagger is the "Whoa I lost my footing animation"

Stun is stunned and has a % chance for instakill if you hit them

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Stormgale posted:

Stagger is the "Whoa I lost my footing animation"

Stun is stunned and has a % chance for instakill if you hit them

Thanks.

What does armor piercing actually do? Just more damage against heavily armored enemies, or does it help break through blocks as well?

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
Decided to finally free someone from a cage from some high level humans today. I somehow parried an arrow from an unseen archer from about 40 yards away. The distant scream and combat info told me he died (corpse was later found waaay back at their camp) :black101: GOTY

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Witcher: Now with Lightsabers

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Finished this amazing game. GOTY so far despite the talked about annoyances.

So... Cyberpunk 2077 comes out next week, right?

Right? :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hulk Smash! posted:

It got cancelled, we're getting a The Witcher: Bart's Travels game in 2017 now.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Hulk Smash! posted:

They've said they're making more content for The Witcher for the next 2 years, including a bigass DLC with a whole new area.

It's not goodbye. We'll see each other again.

I'll also eat my hat if Ciri doesn't have a cameo in Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 31, 2015

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I think this game has ruined me on other open world RPGs.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Haroshia posted:

I'll also eat Vesemir's hat if Ciri doesn't have a cameo in Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out.

This thing was funnier than it should be. Drunk Witchers, best Witchers.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Haroshia posted:

I'll also eat my hat if Ciri doesn't have a cameo in Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out.

It would be cool, but I hope it would be nothing more than an easter egg.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Haroshia posted:

They've said they're making more content for The Witcher for the next 2 years, including a bigass DLC with a whole new area..

Nooooooooo..!

The most 1st world problem of them all.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Lord Lambeth posted:

there is a player stats screen accessible on the in game menu, it'll show the accurate time.

If it shows accurate time for you, you're in the minority. It's absolutely broken in the majority of cases. I have not played 240+ hours, but the stats screen seems to think so.

Junkenstein posted:

Galaxy's counter seems accurate for me, the only problem is it doesn't log a session unless you quit, so all those sessions that ended in an inventory freeze for me weren't counted.

Strange, I've never had a crash in the 36+ hours I've played, and it claims I've played only 14 hours, but I know its missed most of my play sessions.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Hulk Smash! posted:

Nooooooooo..!

The most 1st world problem of them all.

They also strongly implied that this wasn't the last Witcher game, just the last one about Geralt. Given how well the game is being recieved so far I'd venture so far as to say they're already working/planning on the next one for after the upcoming sci-fi game.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I can't handle Geralt's drunk voice

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is it okay to talk about Witcher 2 here? I've been playing through it again, this time doing Iorveth's path. As it is, I found the Iorveth ending to Act 1 pretty poo poo compared to the loving awesome manor assault in Roche's path. Iorveth's path: "oh, it's just one long grinding fight sequence through thirty guards where half of them get killed by Squirrels anyways."

Act 2 was goddamn fantastic however. Dandelion's Succubus quest and Sheldon's gently caress-date ramblings during a mining expedition were great touches. Much as I loved Roche's path for how damned tragic everything was, I really like the silly adventures Geralt gets up to with his old buddies.

Act 3 so far is a mixed bag for me. It already felt rushed on Roche's path, but with Iorveth you can pretty much finish Act 3 in an hour and a half if you aren't careful. The whole "intended to get arrested" angle means that wandering through Loc Muinne is loving hazardous when there are a ton of overpowered guards just waiting to trigger the arrest sequence. I feel harried way more than I feel I should be, and I don't have any time to really go after the sidequests without having to slaughter a dozen guards each time I turn around.

That being said, watching Philippa suffer was so damned satisfying. I recently finished reading The Time of Contempt, and my opinion is firmly "gently caress mages forever".

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"

slev posted:

Can't handle how great it is?

That whole thing made me laugh and smile. It really was just a moment where I went from not liking Lambert to loving the rear end in a top hat..

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Is there a way to reset a quest using console? I'm pretty sure Lord of Undvik quest is broken beyond repair.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

slev posted:

Simple Simon posted:

Can't handle how great it is?

That whole thing made me laugh and smile. It really was just a moment where I went from not liking Lambert to loving the rear end in a top hat..

They really nailed how anything can sound like a great idea when drinking.

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"

isk posted:

They really nailed how anything can sound like a great idea when drinking.

Lambert... You're a genius!

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Subjunctive posted:

I left the game running last night, and when I got up this morning I was seeing graphical checkerboarding flickering in it. Restarting the game cleared it up for a bit, but then it came back. I tried disabling the GPU overclock (which I've been running for ages), and that didn't help; GPU temps are around 72C, so nothing there I'm worried about. I'm running 2 970s in SLI, pretty high settings, but none of that changed overnight.

It doesn't always appear everywhere in the picture. In a cutscene with the baron there wasn't any happening on his metal collar or part of his...vest? that looked metallic either.

Anyone have ideas on how I might remedy this? It's not unplayable, but it's really unpleasant.

Try repairing the game. Probably won't work, but worth a shot.

SLI could be the culprit, but I haven't seen anyone complaining about SLI in the game. Never ran an SLI setup myself, is there a way to force the game to only use on card and see if that alleviates the issue? I know it was working fine before but ~troubleshooting~.

If that fails, the ever trusty reinstalling GPU drivers. Remember to tick the 'clean install' button (or however it's labeled).

As for the game, holy hell the drinking in Kaer Morhen with the other Witchers, some of the most I've ever laughed at a video game.

Geralt's drunk voice is ridiculous, and the silly drunk faces he/the other Witchers make are spot-loving-on. Then when Lambert suggests using the Megascope to get girls to the party and Eskel's like "summon the bitches" and we get up there and Lambert's like "no no, we have to dress like Sorceresses or we'll never fool anyone. Then we get the Hierarch on the line while he's taking a poo poo or whatever.

I was legit about to post saying what a loving tool Lambert is (God, such a tool) but then Geralt and him have a little drunk bro moment of "you're a jackass sometimes but I like you" and whatever, it was so loving good.

I took screenshots because godfuckingdamn this poo poo was funny. http://imgur.com/a/zHQcX

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Seriously has no one else gotten the crash at the end of picking the Skellige King quest because I am pretty pissed off... before the final scene after you chase down a guy the game is stuck on a loading screen for me and doubles my memory draw for the game (wtf)?

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Jack2142 posted:

Seriously has no one else gotten the crash at the end of picking the Skellige King quest because I am pretty pissed off... before the final scene after you chase down a guy the game is stuck on a loading screen for me and doubles my memory draw for the game (wtf)?

No but I have a similar problem earlier on with helping Hjalmar at Undvik. Endless loading screen at the Ice Giant's Cave.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

Oh neat so load times are instant once you beat the game? Or is it replaced with a different screen with tool-tips thus making your point invalid?

It's replaced with the standard loading screen you get when fast traveling within a zone as opposed to a zone-specific cutscene that doesn't reflect where you are in the main storyline 80% of the time. The load times between maps is comparable to the load time between semi-distant areas within the same map. Also you're an rear end in a top hat.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Act 2 was goddamn fantastic however. Dandelion's Succubus quest and Sheldon's gently caress-date ramblings during a mining expedition were great touches. Much as I loved Roche's path for how damned tragic everything was, I really like the silly adventures Geralt gets up to with his old buddies.

Dandelion going down into the succubus lair was a hilarious bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

So, having not played 1 or 2, or read the books, can someone explain why everyone in this world seems to think "Dudu" is a perfectly acceptable name and not a single person ever giggles or even smiles at it?

On a more serious note, why does Dudu's scarred eye become a required part of his appearance? Dopplers can look however they want, right? That other one was able to mimic Geralt's scars, so why can't Dudu mimic a lack of scars? He was even able to mimic Ciri's scar, but still also had his own. I could understand if that eye never worked anymore, but have a harder time accepting the giant scar.