Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Soundwave is probably another Prime retool as spoiled by the comic art.

He's probably not, artist who designed his earth mode said it was a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

He's probably not, artist who designed his earth mode said it was a coincidence.

A coincidence? He's clearly based on CW Prime's bot mode and it's a coincidence?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Give

Also Devastator is much smaller than Metroplex, he might be able to fit on my shelf instead of the floor at that height.

Can't wait for Devs he looks loving awesome

Acne Rain posted:

I notice pawgh is not on that list

Peaugh seems like a reviewer that if you ran into him at a con you would actually want to talk to him cause he seems like a nice guy and not a complete loving weirdo, but holy balls he is such a shill.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

catch22 posted:

Peaugh seems like a reviewer that if you ran into him at a con you would actually want to talk to him cause he seems like a nice guy and not a complete loving weirdo, but holy balls he is such a shill.

You gotta keep those review samples flowing, I guess.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

catch22 posted:

It's always interesting to see the toys he really hates, though. He was really angry at the replacement CW hands, and he actually did a callback to how much he hated Flip N Change AoE Lockdown at one point. He does seem to spend much of his time not reviewing figures so much as making excuses for them, though, especially some of the less impressive third party stuff.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

I dunno I mean the comics at this point are TO SELL TOYS, so sticking a brand new version of Soundwave in there and not having a toy to go along with it seems unlikely. Especially since we know the tapes are coming.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno I mean the comics at this point are TO SELL TOYS, so sticking a brand new version of Soundwave in there and not having a toy to go along with it seems unlikely. Especially since we know the tapes are coming.

Seems pretty likely, really. And no, we don't "know the tapes are coming."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

A coincidence? He's clearly based on CW Prime's bot mode and it's a coincidence?

I dunno man that's what the guy says. Maybe he's lying but I believe him? I know people are talking about this image, but

This is the same design but with slimmer proportions:

maybe the author of the bulkier image was inspired by CW prime's proportions. Also not every IDW character or design gets toys, I mean look at Cyclonus and Galvatron. That's not to say we won't get a CW Soundwave but it might be a more G1-ish robot design, like Megs.

edit: If anything he looks more like Rook going by the altmode.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 30, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Soundrook remold confirmed for 2016

catch22 posted:

You can watch him and Vangelus running a panel at TFcon about making videos on ... I think the video is on Vangelus' channel ... And he comes off as really normal, friendly and nice. I really wish more people did panels like that tfcon. I would absolutely love to see Thew talk about making videos. Someone should urge him to run a kickstarter.

But yeah, it's pretty jarring how almost all the reviewers have basically become demonstrators at this point. Open with an ad for a store. Say nothing negative. Here is the figure. End with "It's a great toy!" or "Buy one today! CLICK BELOW! Like and subscribe!"

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Sweet Christmas, Motormaster has arrived in Nowheresville Canada! To whom do I make the appropriate blood sacrifice?

Now where do I get those custom hip ratchets? Jesus, these things move like 15 degrees a click. One click each out from vertical, and he can't support his own weight anymore. I've got him with one out and one vertical, looking like he's about to kick off a dance party.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

Sweet Christmas, Motormaster has arrived in Nowheresville Canada! To whom do I make the appropriate blood sacrifice?

Now where do I get those custom hip ratchets? Jesus, these things move like 15 degrees a click. One click each out from vertical, and he can't support his own weight anymore. I've got him with one out and one vertical, looking like he's about to kick off a dance party.

Here

Though I vaguely recall that he was working on some improved ones or something. Browsing thru his WIP stuff I found some addon parts to turn Classics/Gen Cyclonus into IDW Cyclonus (Samurai armor, new head, better hands, etc). Looks cool if properly done.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

And no, we don't "know the tapes are coming."

Yes we do. There's listings they're in the magic toy computer.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Wasn't the whole point of the earlier discussion that they're legends using those names, and not at all necessarily "TEH TAPEZ"?

you're really feisty today taint

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yes we do. There's listings they're in the magic toy computer.

There's one rumor with no actual evidence beyond a guy saying "I totally saw a thing." Even if there were, we don't really know anything is coming until Hasbro announces it. On top of that, reusing names that were once used for cassettes doesn't mean the new toys will even turn into cassettes.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

Wasn't the whole point of the earlier discussion that they're legends using those names, and not at all necessarily "TEH TAPEZ"?

you're really feisty today taint

I don't know what else to call them.

They've either been collectively referred to as the Cassette Bots, Tape Bots, or something related to the media format which is their alt mode. And we're getting a whole group of them.

I mean they're not Minibots, Dinobots, Constructicons, Combaticons, all of which who's collective names are self explanatory and make reference to what they turn into.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Why the hell did did I buy the Energon Grimlock & Swoop 2-pack!?

This...this is one of the worst Transformers toys i've played with in years...

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

:siren: Now in stock at Orbital! :siren:

Not sure I'd pay £60 for a $40-45 toy, though.

They also had these chaps:

Legends scale 3rd party Galvatron and Cyclonus for £40 the pair. Tempting..

Off there this aft to see if I can get Viper/the other 2 aerialbots I need. I'm gonna wait on Maguns, I guarantee it'll be down to ~£35 or so just like Jetfire was on Kapow about a month after it came out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goldskull posted:

Off there this aft to see if I can get Viper/the other 2 aerialbots I need. I'm gonna wait on Maguns, I guarantee it'll be down to ~£35 or so just like Jetfire was on Kapow about a month after it came out.

They definitely had Viper and Aerialbots yesterday, save for Air Raid.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Bah. Air raid is who I need, got Skydive & Firefly, not arsed about Alpha bravo, I was going to replace him with Quickslinger if I can get him at a decent price. Ebay seems to have gone bananas on him, I'm not paying £30 for a £15 toy.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

catch22 posted:

The normality is why I use him as my default serious reviewer.

That said, I still have no loving clue how he can get those Dino-Drac fun packs and like them, Loot crate and 1-Up box are both kind of bland, but holy crap it's not just a bunch of poo poo from the 80s that is still crap today.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Lepecard posted:

Why the hell did did I buy the Energon Grimlock & Swoop 2-pack!?

This...this is one of the worst Transformers toys i've played with in years...

Energowned

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

They definitely had Viper and Aerialbots yesterday, save for Air Raid.

Went there, gently caress £15 for Viper, especially when the rest are £16/17. Bought Transformers vs GI Joe though.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

There's one rumor with no actual evidence beyond a guy saying "I totally saw a thing." Even if there were, we don't really know anything is coming until Hasbro announces it. On top of that, reusing names that were once used for cassettes doesn't mean the new toys will even turn into cassettes.

As long as we are discussing what constitutes reliable rumors, could someone remind me why exactly everyone is so certain it's finally MP Ratchet time?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

So I went back 3 pages and everyone just talks about toys. How is the comic series doing? The last I read was Robots in Disguise and More than Meets the Eye up until 19 or 20, right before they went into some event...Dark Cybertron, I think. I really liked MTMTE -- did James Roberts continue on past the crossover?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Transformers is a toy line. People are going to talk about toys, because the purpose of the other media is To Sell Toys(though the movies have become their own thing).

MTMTE is still great. RID was great too, not sure how I feel about the whole combiner wars thing but it's fine I guess

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The seams are starting to show in MTMTE. I would post more about it but it just kind of makes me sad. James Roberts is slowly turning into Russell T. Davies and I don't mean pre-2006 Russell T. Davies.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The seams are starting to show in MTMTE. I would post more about it but it just kind of makes me sad. James Roberts is slowly turning into Russell T. Davies and I don't mean pre-2006 Russell T. Davies.

We may be seeing the inevitable result of telling several years of stories without THE WAR in a universe originally created to specifically be about nothing but THE WAR. I'm not complaining; I think the current comics remain the best TF fiction yet - but you're right when you say the seams are showing.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The seams are starting to show in MTMTE. I would post more about it but it just kind of makes me sad.
I feel much the same way.

I still quite like it, but it peaked at tyrest and we've been spinning the wheels since. I'm also really irritated that we were teased with the DJD and I've been reading each chapter wondering when the DJD are going to show up so that can be over with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I enjoyed the time travel arc quite a bit.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I enjoyed the time travel arc quite a bit.

I liked it so much I could even give him the self-indulgent back to the future homages. But everything since, with the exception of Deathsaurus's characterization, has left me very cold.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
MTMTE: I'd like to see Grimlock and his new friends and FINALLY find out what happened to Scourge. Roberts can keep on doing what he's doing as far as I'm concerned. The dance party was... interesting. Current storyline shows promise. Ravage will probably play a large role.

The Transformers: The Adventures of Thundercracker have been pretty good overall. Just caught up earlier today, the things I assumed about Devastator pretty much happened.

So now we know the Deluxue toys for Ultra Prime I guess. Ironhide (Off Road) Sunstreaker (Breakdown) Mirage (Dragstrip) and Prowl (Dead End). I... don't know.

I would like it to be MP Ratchet/Ironhide time.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There's a video review out for Titan Class Devastator... but it's like two hours and in Chinese Youtube with a weird intro (seems to be a commercial, I had it muted). You can skip around them if you want to:

Part One with the Constructicons

Part Two with the big dude himself

For everything they sacrificed on the individual guys I'm sort of baffled that so many of them have ankle tilts, even if it's clever transformation process residue.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Brent Cross TRU has CW Megatron in, both variants, but at £50! Ha, no.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Both Break-neck and Quickslinger have much tighter hand pegs then Dead End and Firefly, yet that;s not a great thing. Neckbeard is still to loose and QS is much to tight now. Sigh. Necky did get better in other areas, so it's not a total wash, now to figure out who will be left off of Menasor...

Also, Break-neck's neck joint was so tight, I thought I would break it. so bonus points for Irony, Hasbro.

Now where's my retail release of Kup from Off-road?

Anora fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 31, 2015

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

There's a video review out for Titan Class Devastator... but it's like two hours and in Chinese Youtube with a weird intro (seems to be a commercial, I had it muted). You can skip around them if you want to:

Part One with the Constructicons

Part Two with the big dude himself

For everything they sacrificed on the individual guys I'm sort of baffled that so many of them have ankle tilts, even if it's clever transformation process residue.

Man, Chinese Youtube sucks. :I

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I saw 8 G1 Combiner Wars Megatrons on the shelf at a fancy new Walmart last night.

Is there are case where it's just G1 Megatron?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

I saw 8 G1 Combiner Wars Megatrons on the shelf at a fancy new Walmart last night.

I went to Walmart last night and found a dozen 1-step toys and four Rattraps, my town is not carrying Transformers :ohdear:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hasbro was supposed to be starting that system where retailers can order whatever they want in the cases, not just a pre-set assortment. If that's finally in place, it wouldn't surprise me if retailers are simply not ordering Armada Megs anymore due to his shelfwarming tendencies. drat things are everywhere here.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Toyworld's Sideload is a hot fiddly mess, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Until now my opinion of CW Devs was "decent, but I'm more than happy with my Green Giant" but honestly after seeing their transformations and how they combine by jumping ahead in weird chinese youtube I'm way more impressed, that's actually a lot of clever design tricks they used. I... I kinda want one now, it's not like there won't be a way to give Scrapper elbows in the first like, three months.