Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

SRM posted:

Goblin Green bases crew represent :respek:

My project for this year is going to be repainting the models I painted in 2013 and 2014 to have green rims :gonk: It's a few hundred models, but after a lot of soul-searching I can't stand the brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Ooh them, they do some crates scatter terrain I quite like the look of for Batman skirmish gaming. :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
(ANOTHER!) NEW SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

Acrylicos Vallejo
is another NEW sponsor!
Their Facebook page

Acrylicos Vallejo should need no introduction to miniature figure painters, but just in case you're unaware of who they are, they are THE go-to paint brand for many model painters around the world. They are a Spanish company that make acrylic paints for artists, fine artists and model painters, and their products are considered the gold standard in the world of military static model (where their Model Color and Model Air range are king) and also for wargaming models (with the Game Color and new Game Air range).

Some samples of their products:

I don't know yet exactly what products they'll be sending for prizes, but once they arrive I'll post pictures!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

NEW SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

Wargames Tournaments
is another NEW sponsor!
Their ebay store
Their Facebook page

I saw pictures of these guys at Salute, they had the most awesome Orky fort going on

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

krushgroove posted:

(ANOTHER!) NEW SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

Acrylicos Vallejo
is another NEW sponsor!
Their Facebook page

Acrylicos Vallejo should need no introduction to miniature figure painters, but just in case you're unaware of who they are, they are THE go-to paint brand for many model painters around the world. They are a Spanish company that make acrylic paints for artists, fine artists and model painters, and their products are considered the gold standard in the world of military static model (where their Model Color and Model Air range are king) and also for wargaming models (with the Game Color and new Game Air range).

Some samples of their products:

I don't know yet exactly what products they'll be sending for prizes, but once they arrive I'll post pictures!

gently caress yeah I need some better paints.

I mean, I probably won't win any, but this is cool.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
:dance:

Most of my paints are Vallejo!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pash posted:

Thanks! There is some part of me that wont let me paint armies the color they are in the fluff or whatever... so I decided a blue winter circle would be awesome.

Man, I'm with you there. My Khador are probably the first army I've painted similarly to the fluff in years and even then I'm wanting a more vague memories of Red Alert vibe than anything. My favourite army but the one that broke me are my green-skinned zombie skaven.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

OATH COMPLETE (AGAIN)

Original oath complete post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=45939#post444832863

enri posted:

err... :siren: oath complete! :siren:

Ok, I am planning on an oath addition just as soon as I find something I can conceivably paint yellow, until that time, this will do.. if I re-oath / add etc. then I'll come back and edit this post to remove the 'complete' part... Actually quite enjoyed painting this little guy and he was a tester to see if it was going to be worth the hassle to re-paint the rest of my imperials... needless to say, I'll be painting more of these guys up :)

Speed Painting

The related oath post with timestamp et al

annnddd the money shot:

annnnddd... the oath addition:

Claiming the...

monthly challenge
speed painting
the 6-pack

... I think that's everything :downs:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

[tmg]http://i.imgur.com/QzqUGms.jpg[/timg]

Dropzone commander.

Owch. the camera has NOT been kind to this one - I'm happy with it in real life, but it looks ugly as hell here. It should qualify for the Journal though.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
Just Getting Back Into The Hobby. Oathing For JUNE

Warhammer 40k
5 Close Combat Terminators (Home-Brew Dark Angels Successor Chapter)

Firestorm Armada
Directorate Fleet Box

SkaAndScreenplays fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 30, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath complete!

I think they turned out ok, but I struggled with faces in particular. I think I need some better brushes to help me with finer detail, my £2 set has its limitations. And maybe a steadier hand... I tried to thin my paints more than previously, mixing colours and layer things up, but it gets a bit punishing when you slip and need to correct!

No challenge for me as I couldn't find something to paint yellow, but I'm claiming The 6-pack! and Box art for Bane:

And a few close-ups of the other guys. These two I was practising with layers and skin tone on. Was tempted to try a tattoo but chickened out.

Alfred's hair was a bugger, I may yet go back and re-work it. I gave pin stripes a go on his trousers, not too bad for a first attempt I think.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 30, 2015

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete!

Still can't find my camera, and my phone only takes acceptable pictures outside so there's a lot of excessive shadows in these pictures, but trust me they look better than the pictures I took inside.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Last minute oath!

:siren: For the month of May I oath one Drudge from warmachine :siren:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

Just Getting Back Into The Hobby. Oathing For JUNE

Warhammer 40k
5 Close Combat Terminators (Home-Brew Dark Angels Successor Chapter)

Firestorm Armada
Directorate Fleet Box

Better to tell you now rather than wait for Krushgroove - your oath photo needs to have the worldtimeserver website on a scree/tablet/phone set to American Samoa in it to count. Also I don't think they accept oaths for a month until that month has actually started.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath (still) complete!
Found my dumb camera, so here's some better pictures of my dudes on their display shelf:

drgnvale posted:

Oath Complete!

Still can't find my camera, and my phone only takes acceptable pictures outside so there's a lot of excessive shadows in these pictures, but trust me they look better than the pictures I took inside.

Germ
May 7, 2013

drgnvale posted:

Oath (still) complete!
Found my dumb camera, so here's some better pictures of my dudes on their display shelf:

drat. That's a really good looking murder of Khorne daemons. Assuming, of course, that the proper noun for a gathering of Khorne daemons is a murder.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

NTRabbit posted:

Better to tell you now rather than wait for Krushgroove - your oath photo needs to have the worldtimeserver website on a scree/tablet/phone set to American Samoa in it to count. Also I don't think they accept oaths for a month until that month has actually started.

That sucks considering all I have for camera/Web browser is my phone.

Guess I'm screwed til I can buy/borrow a camera. I get why it's that way but man that's going to be tricky for me to do when my only camera/Web Access device are the same thing.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse Oath Two gundrones from GW line of 28mm minis

The drones were sprayed yellow since that is the only sane way to paint yellow this hightlighter-bright.

These are the only yellow stuff I paint now adays. Hopefully when I get home I will have time to paint these. Been a weird month.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

drgnvale posted:

Oath (still) complete!

I wouldn't have even thought that they were the same models, the new photo ones are so much better.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I wouldn't have even thought that they were the same models, the new photo ones are so much better.

Yeah, it's absurd how much difference the lighting, background and (especially) camera made.

Germ posted:

drat. That's a really good looking murder of Khorne daemons. Assuming, of course, that the proper noun for a gathering of Khorne daemons is a murder.

If murder is the wrong term, I don't want to be right. And thanks!

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Black_Nexus posted:

Last minute oath!

:siren: For the month of May I oath one Drudge from warmachine :siren:

:siren: OATH COMPLETE:siren:

ALSO Speed painting
BEFORE

AFTER

Actual pictures where you can see the drat thing.

No challenge this time

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Bao Troops

Asuka and her Aragoto bikers

Yojimbo, and friends

Claiming the Journal for the yellow bike, Themed Group for the Yu Jing Red Army if that's a thing this year, and 6-pack of course.

I had a terrible time trying to get the yellow to highlgiht properly, and the images sadly reflect how chalky the layers came out. I think I need to buckle down and glaze if I'm going to try and do larger areas with yellow. Rather happy with how vivid I got the reds though.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Grey Hunter posted:

Owch. the camera has NOT been kind to this one - I'm happy with it in real life, but it looks ugly as hell here. It should qualify for the Journal though.

Yeah, after my first time taking actual photos of my models I will never be snooty about people's painting again. Its also made me wonder if maybe my inferior human eyes have been lying to me about my models all this time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Guess I'm screwed til I can buy/borrow a camera. I get why it's that way but man that's going to be tricky for me to do when my only camera/Web Access device are the same thing.

If your phone has a front facing camera for video calls, you could use that and a mirror

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:toot: Oath Complete! :toot:

One yellow snake lady for the Journal

I have no idea how those few scales turned pink overnight, when they were all painted with the same yellow paint.

I like this model because she's pretty, but also hella ripped.

Unfortunately, being made from Bones plastic meant that her hands were kind of melted together in places and somehow she had both nips, but only one with a scuplted areola.

If the snake lady is too naked to be sfw, I can edit in more spoilers.

Edit: Took a picture outside, to try to show the difference between the yellow of her human and snake halves a bit more. Her top is way lighter than her tail in person.

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 31, 2015

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Germ posted:

A field of Khorne? A Khorne field of murder?

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

I am claiming the technical challenge - I am very pleased with the yellow.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath Complete!

Claiming yellow jurnal for the ork wearing yellow on the left.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Deanut Pancer posted:

A field of Khorne? A Khorne field of murder?

An ear of demons.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

A lot of people just put the models in front of their monitor or on the keyboard of their laptop displaying the american samoa timestamp. Your picture does not need to be good, so long as other people can make out what it is. Some of mine have been little more than silhouettes of black primed minis in the shape of the thing I'm oathing. ;)

Just make sure you get the time zone right and are starting to paint on the 1st of the month according to it. And that you are posting your oath complete pics under the same criteria!

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 31, 2015

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

jodai posted:

An ear of demons.

A bath of bloodletters.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Ugleb posted:

A lot of people just put the models in front of their monitor or on the keyboard of their laptop displaying the american samoa timestamp. Your picture does not need to be good, so long as other people can make out what it is. Some of mine have been little more than silhouettes of black primed minis in the shape of the thing I'm oathing. ;)

Just make sure you get the time zone right and are starting to paint on the 1st of the month according to it. And that you are posting your oath complete pics under the same criteria!

Did you read what they said? They don't have a monitor or laptop that can display the webpage.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Under 15 posted:

A bath of bloodletters.

A jacuzzi of bloodletters.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

JerryLee posted:

Did you read what they said? They don't have a monitor or laptop that can display the webpage.

I clearly did not.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Assuming front-facing photos are possible, then they might be stuck with a miniatures mirror-selfie, then. Which would be silly, but workable, I'd think.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

Technical Challenge

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Oath complete by the skin of my teeth. Still need to get a coat of varnish on these.

That's from top to bottom: 1 anti-tank rifle, 5 riflemen and a sargeant with SMG, 7 engineers with various poo poo, and 2 MG groups with three men in each. 28mm miniatures from Warlord Games.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Complete!

Monthly bonus/journal/theme/challenge: Yellow!

Those are my yellow gundrones. Kinda a crappy oath but that's the beauty of this thread, it keeps me painting even if it's just something pathetic.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

And with plenty of yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Arg, fail. Have been suffering major motivation issues this week then too three hours prime painting time out to see Fury Road as my birthday treat. Had a pretty great time, now I want to paint everything teal and orange.

• Locked thread