Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Look, he really wants that loving title, OK?

Punchy vs Loki to determine who progresses is necessary now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Junpei Hyde posted:

Seconded, Punchy vs Loki 1v1 to see who's the real Loki

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

We're getting metaphysical as hell, Loki fighting his own stand.

I'm so in.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Punchy came in to Loki's music, his nameplate said loki, Punchy fought an won Loki's match
A legitimate shoot in a video game in which everything is scripted.

What I really loved was that we got the intro from Loki, with actual Loki coming in, the game swaps to the ring, and there stands Punchy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
$30? Really? Goddamn Dash is a cheap bribe.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Well then, I need a monster to clobber dat there Mounty! Who's willin' to do the job?

I missed the actual broadcast because of work.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Pyroi posted:

I missed the actual broadcast because of work.

Don't worry, I'll have an edited version uploaded to youtube tomorrow.
Edited because there was one eternal loading screen and ah... something that definitely happened that made me restart a match.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Danaru posted:

Seconded, Punchy vs Loki 1v1 to see who's the real Loki

Noooo this cannot happen

Loki and Punchy cannot fight one another because they are the same person.

Loki is Punchy's Magical Girl Form.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

$30? Really? Goddamn Dash is a cheap bribe.

I blame the economy

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

This needs to happen. For science.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
This seems pretty interesting, and I love seeing my pixelman duke it out with other pixelmen.

Name: B-rock "The Islamic Shock" Hussein Superallah Obama
Appearance: Capture Caliph Obama's true elegance and adherence to the tenants of Islam
Type: Obama is a showy type of guy. He likes moves capable of aweing the unbelievers .
Signature Moves: "Taqiyya" "Nairobi Gnasher" "2012 Doomsday" "Benghazi Bash"
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu7eZP-z7Vo
Hometown / Country: Nairobi, Kenya
Announcer Name: Commander Communist
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Obama wants to spread the joys of Islamo-fascist Marxism. He's actually a pretty nice guy outside the arena who just so happens to support sending white people to FEMA camps.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
oraoraoraoraoraORA

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Loki is Punchy's Magical Girl Form.

I like the stand thing better

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm gonna request fan art of Loki and Punchy in Jojos poses now.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

LPFWA 31.05.2015 - The Great Tournament Begins! - Loki? Punchy? gently caress! What!? Aaaaah!!!
(If you want to see it in anything above 360p wait a couple more minutes, just leaving this here before heading to bed. That was quite a show though. It surprised even me. And I wrote this thing)

All right guys. I reckon you probably have questions concerning the sudden disappearance of Loki and the coinciding appearance of Punchy. Right after the match the police questioned Punchy. He said, and I quote:

What I did? Well. See, I turned the lights off and then I knocked Loki right the gently caress out and stashed him under the ring. The lights went back on and voila! I was there. I was even aping Loki's moves. I later realized that I'm twice as big as Loki and look completely different and stopped pretending.

End Quote. The police then wanted to take him in. But BNF stepped in and said:

OOGAH BOOGAH!

Never thought that would work. But they let him go. We're currently trying to find a way to resolve this situation. On one hand Punchy legitimately won the first blood match by pinning someone. And by not bleeding. Then again, he also lost his proper tournament match. And what about Loki? We surely don't want to deny him his chance at championship plastic under these circumstances. Stay tuned as we figure something out!

-------------------------

oraoraoraoraoraORA, I like the stand thing better

Just because that'd mean you'd get off the hook now? Forget it. This is a serious business for serious people.

What? Punchy my Stand? No that's silly. The Stand that's about punching things belongs to someone else. I'll chokeslam Punchy!

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm gonna request fan art of Loki and Punchy in Jojos poses now.

I'm a poo poo artist, but okay sure

(if I were a less poo poo artist, I'd try coloring it with Jojo's colors)

e: oh yeah, unrelated but here's the Nuffamania banner I made during the show:

Schir fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 31, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Okay, now that I've seen the video up to the end of my match, I would like to say that I support the creation of a tag-team with Danaru, but first I will need a one-on-one match with him for the fate of all of the food backstage.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

LPFWA 31.05.2015 - The Great Tournament Begins! - Loki? Punchy? gently caress! What!? Aaaaah!!!

A good opening show... but it needs more Emperor Palpatine :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IGgy IGsen posted:

What I did? Well. See, I turned the lights off and then I knocked Loki right the gently caress out and stashed him under the ring. The lights went back on and voila! I was there. I was even aping Loki's moves. I later realized that I'm twice as big as Loki and look completely different and stopped pretending.

It was probably easy considering Kalon, AnilEhilated, and Mehuyael cleaned out all the tables and chairs from under the ring in their match :v:

Also since my Finisher move is the CANADIAN SPACE PROGRAM :black101: can I change my Signature move to be a powerful punching move and call it the Canadarm?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Danaru posted:

It was probably easy considering Kalon, AnilEhilated, and Mehuyael cleaned out all the tables and chairs from under the ring in their match :v:

Also since my Finisher move is the CANADIAN SPACE PROGRAM :black101: can I change my Signature move to be a powerful punching move and call it the Canadarm?

You can have multiple signature moves :ssh:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So, uh, I'm rewatching the thing and I couldn't help but notice, did Face steal Frosty's finisher? :psyduck:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
: I won my blood match by pinning both my opponents because gently caress the rules, I make my own.

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 31, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

kalonZombie posted:

: I won my blood match by pinning both my opponents because gently caress the rules, I make my own.

You pinned them so hard, they bled internally.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Oh man I've been sitting on a number of CAWs for a while now, here's a sampling of some stuff I will upload right after I'm done posting:

BOOB MARLEY is a horrible monstrosity genetically engineered to have the biggest chest in the business. Nobody knows why, exactly, but they'll be damned if he isn't effective. He doesn't talk much, preferring to rely on his physical charisma to get his points across. Those points are usually that he is going to bear hug you. He could probably use a manager.

Big Boss & Ocelot of Metal Gear fame. They do well as adversaries or even as a tag team (I use Ric Flair and Mr Perfects entrance for them myself) but they dont really have super good music yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wwo7gDlvas
THE BLACK KNIGHT HAS NO SYMPATHY FOR THE WEAK. HE'S HERE TO PIN YOU AND GET PAID. FEED THE BLACK KNIGHT.

I have more I can post up in here, if you guys want. Though it does depend on how willing you are to humor characters from Homestuck, Touhou, and JoJo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That's not Revolver Ocelot, that's Drunken Disheveled Stan Lee. :colbert:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

That's not Revolver Ocelot, that's Drunken Disheveled Stan Lee. :colbert:

One of his timeless cameo appearances, this is actually ripped footage from a deleted scene where Lee goes one on one vs Captain America.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Action Shakespeare posted:

Though it does depend on how willing you are to humor characters from Homestuck, Touhou, and JoJo.

A cursory reading of the thread reveals that a number of people may, in fact, enjoy JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Can't say how people will respond to Homestuck or Touhou, though!

Schir fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 31, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This is how Sterv do.

Action Shakespeare posted:

I have more I can post up in here, if you guys want. Though it does depend on how willing you are to humor characters from Homestuck, Touhou, and JoJo.

Hell yes on the JoJos, but as a man who loves Homestuck, spare us the Homestuck.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 31, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Just saw my match! Anil made it really awesome with bringing out all those makeshift weapons.

By the way, I didn't actually intentionally base him on that guy from Symphonia, I just wanted an Aryan Ubermensch that's really an rear end in a top hat but considers himself a great guy so he'll be a good rep of the Israeli gov. I picked the Symphonia theme because it had that angelic evil feel to it (for obvious reasons). And the long hair is just so he'll at least have some difference from the stereotypical Aryan with crewcut hair.

I would have reluctantly accepted my defeat if at least it was the respectable Mr. Rendar who took me out, but having some fat neckbeard get the pin on me is ridiculous! I demand a rematch! A fair duel! Without a Dash-straction I'll show you who's the superior human specimen!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
So, my approval for this thread?

I think that sums it up, can't wait to see the chucklefuck I am in this mess.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Considering the number of fuckups with the last set of matches I wonder if the ref union is engaging in civil disobedience to earn more benefits in the next contract negotiation or something.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Wakka

Wakka

Wakka

Wakka

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mehuyael posted:

Just saw my match! Anil made it really awesome with bringing out all those makeshift weapons.

I would have reluctantly accepted my defeat if at least it was the respectable Mr. Rendar who took me out, but having some fat neckbeard get the pin on me is ridiculous! I demand a rematch! A fair duel! Without a Dash-straction I'll show you who's the superior human specimen!

Just wanted to have a garage sale, man. And there is clearly only one superior race. Cats.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

Just wanted to have a garage sale, man. And there is clearly only one superior race. Cats.

While cats are indeed superior animals, they aren't technically human specimens so my point still stands.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Hey, would it be okay to submit two CAWs? Namely, one male and one female, simply to try and round out the Women's league a little more?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Man I just watched the video on youtube now.

WWE2K14: "No gently caress this, you can't tell me what to do! ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH"

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Hattie Masters posted:

Hey, would it be okay to submit two CAWs? Namely, one male and one female, simply to try and round out the Women's league a little more?

I'd prefer keeping it to one CAW per person. There's one exception in form of Rara, because she originally submitted a male because she would have been the only female at the time. I'd like to keep this the only exception to that rule

Big Scary Owl posted:

WWE2K14: "No gently caress this, you can't tell me what to do! ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH"
Fun Fact: That's the LPFWA theme.

The theme for our Wrestlemania equivalent being Libera Me From Hell.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

So LPFWA's full theme name is "Rap is the Soul of a Man! Go Beyond the Impossible and Kick Reason to the Curb! Perk Up Your Earholes and Listen REAL Close to the Theme of Our Team Dai-Gurren!!"?

Fittingly anime.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'd prefer keeping it to one CAW per person. There's one exception in form of Rara, because she originally submitted a male because she would have been the only female at the time. I'd like to keep this the only exception to that rule

That's fair. I'll upload the CAW guy later then, as well as edit in gimmicks and whatnot here when I'm done.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Big Scary Owl posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they removed custom stories from 2K15 is because it just kept bugging out in ways that not even the devs could figure out.

Characters replacing other characters after they've come down, characters stealing others' movesets up to and including finishers (yes Face used Frosty's finisher on him), win conditions for matches not registering while pins still counting despite being disabled, it all probably would have taken a full year or more to figure out what the gently caress was going on, so publisher decided they should drop that and just release what does technically work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kadorhal posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they removed custom stories from 2K15 is because it just kept bugging out in ways that not even the devs could figure out.

Characters replacing other characters after they've come down, characters stealing others' movesets up to and including finishers (yes Face used Frosty's finisher on him), win conditions for matches not registering while pins still counting despite being disabled, it all probably would have taken a full year or more to figure out what the gently caress was going on, so publisher decided they should drop that and just release what does technically work.

That's kind of sad because the glitches made this a thousand times funnier

• Locked thread