Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

To the best of my scientific knowledge, that is how the zoids worked in the original battle story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Looks great, zero substance might as well be BBB's tagline. It does look really great though.

gently caress substance

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Your see what I mean when I say zoids deserved more fame than gundam did.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jotaro is cool because he is a massive dorky goon who thinks he is a badass and tries really loving hard to come off as a badass and even got loving swole as hell so that nobody will tell him he isn't actually a badass cause he'll punch their lights out if they do

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Who's the gooniest anime character?

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

didn't read the chat thread while the simulwatch was going on. there's lot of posts, I wonder what

uuuuaaaaahhhhh

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i dont actually have much else to say about zoids tonight except im still very pumped about them

i guess they retold the battle story recently in a series of books that will definitely never get translated, but id still like to read the full thing someday

the synopsis sound crazy ,check this one out of you're curious and have some free time

http://zoids.wikia.com/wiki/D-Day_(Battle_Story)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

That dude in paranoia agent who had all the anime girl statues that talked when he wasnt paying attention or whatever

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

You said anime but the Ressentiment guy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dotJPG posted:

didn't read the chat thread while the simulwatch was going on. there's lot of posts, I wonder what

uuuuaaaaahhhhh

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

dotJPG posted:

One day I hope to be immortalized in one of your gifs.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

dotJPG posted:

uuuuaaaaahhhhh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dotJPG posted:

uuuuaaaaahhhhh

Hahahahahahaha

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Lain

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Super meek in real life but all sassy on the internet, spends all day on the internet, undiagnosed mental illness, parents don't love her, room is always damp for some reason, it's Lain.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Monty Python's Flying Circusssss

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Super meek in real life but all sassy on the internet, spends all day on the internet, undiagnosed mental illness, parents don't love her, room is always damp for some reason, it's Lain.

Everybody loves Lain.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the bit in lain where shes talking to a construct of her father who might also just be god and he tells her everything is alright is prime time feels

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Grouchio posted:

Monty Python's Flying Circusssss
BA da-da-da-da DA-da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't really like Lain. It's kind of a mess.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I congratulate you both on your upcoming probations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Its the sort of thing where I liked it a lot more after watching it a second time with a friend and having them ask me questions about what the hell it even was, and then over the course of that discussion i feel like we both got a lot out of it and the pieces started to make it all fall together.

I love lain and always will now, but I don't even remember most of it. I love media that makes you discuss things like that with people.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also I dont know when you watched lain but both me and my friend who also loves lain were teenagers at the time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched it probably, 2 years ago, so around the same time I played final fantasy VII for the first time and absolutely loved it, so mentally a teen.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I came around on BBB when the two characters go see the movie Twins

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

like back in 2002 or 2003 probably

idk i'd be willing to give it another shot i guess

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's ok, but, the only reason I watched it was because it was tangentially mentioned with Eva as a contemporary, complimentary work in some paper i read and I was like "oh yeah!!!". It is totally a different thing and shouldn't have been mentioned in the same argument, really.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I only watched a little bit of Lain, so I can't comment on the series as a whole but it was visually cool as hell.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

i didn't like eva either but my friends sold me on it as this really amazing mecha show with cool robot fights and lol they loving lied

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This needs to be stomping on people who don't like Lain.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

i didn't like eva either but my friends sold me on it as this really amazing mecha show with cool robot fights and lol they loving lied

But it is an amazing mecha show with cool robot fights. :confused:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dotJPG posted:

uuuuaaaaahhhhh

beautiful

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's ok, but, the only reason I watched it was because it was tangentially mentioned with Eva as a contemporary, complimentary work in some paper i read and I was like "oh yeah!!!". It is totally a different thing and shouldn't have been mentioned in the same argument, really.

On a basic level its a bunch of nonsense but all the nonsense is tied together in cool and interesting ways once you start connecting the dots. There's still stuff thats superficial and bizarre like the alien bit that at most was just a callback to the episode explaining ufo conspiracy, but as a whole a lot of the small scenes and weirdness are tied concretely to the big picture. Its something that is really benefited by seeing it a second time.

The sound and visual design in it is real good and worth seeing if you haven't already though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I can sorta see why somebody would compare lain and eva but thats really shallow at best

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

When it comes to lain, you don't seem to understand

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

On a basic level its a bunch of nonsense but all the nonsense is tied together in cool and interesting ways once you start connecting the dots. There's still stuff thats superficial and bizarre like the alien bit that at most was just a callback to the episode explaining ufo conspiracy, but as a whole a lot of the small scenes and weirdness are tied concretely to the big picture. Its something that is really benefited by seeing it a second time.

The sound and visual design in it is real good and worth seeing if you haven't already though.

Maybe I'll watch it again after I finish chihayafuru, kaniji, Akagi, snafu, working! and 50 Japanese movies I've been meaning to see.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Maybe I'll watch it again after I finish chihayafuru, kaniji, Akagi, snafu, working! and 50 Japanese movies I've been meaning to see.

theres too much anime and not enough time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I just wish I had seen Lain and Eva back when I was young and was the kind of kid that would watch 2001 and The Wall over and over.

• Locked thread