Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Any good mods out there for artillery drivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Battle Assistant is really helpful in some situations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Here. Don't be me and become addicted to using it in inappropriate situations.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/441413-098-autoaim-indicationsnapping/

I use it a fuckton in my Church 3 and it's my tank with my best winrate (like 59% with almost 120 battles)

Best mod.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Doffen posted:

World of Tanks is the only game since Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 to make me mad enough to literally scream. My roommate hates World of Tanks.

I used to get so mad when I played.. holy poo poo my blood pressure must have been through the roof every time I would bounce shot after shot only to get blown to pieces by arty. That or some other invisible rainman who knew how to take me out in two or three shots without ever being spotted.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I have something like 600+ hours if not more in WoT, and no tier 10 because I kept getting distracted. Nearly every branch at 8 or 9 though. I stopped around 9.2 or something, how is it now? Worth coming back or will I continue to rip my hair out? Havent really gamed since I put WoT down with workload getting mad at the office. Playing the Armored Warfare EA right now, pretty fun.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

TheFluff posted:

not really worth it

Any of the other discounted gold tanks worth it? (Valentine II, T-127?).

Switched back to the 57mm on the T-34 as well, despite having a lower penetration, it seems to penetrate more reliably (or maybe its accuracy is just meaning I hit more of the weak spots I aim at).

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 30, 2015

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blindeye posted:

Any of the other discounted gold tanks worth it? (Valentine II, T-127?)

T-127 absolutely worth it, Valentine II is a shittier B2 with same MM bracket so you can take it in B2 platoons. Quite worth it just because of super preferential MM.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ChickenWyngz posted:

I have something like 600+ hours if not more in WoT, and no tier 10 because I kept getting distracted. Nearly every branch at 8 or 9 though. I stopped around 9.2 or something, how is it now? Worth coming back or will I continue to rip my hair out? Havent really gamed since I put WoT down with workload getting mad at the office. Playing the Armored Warfare EA right now, pretty fun.

Imagine that the playerbase has spent the entire time you were away washing lead paint chips down with mercury laced milkshakes

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Blindeye posted:

T-127 is hilariously superior to other tanks in the same class.

It can go tank medium tanks several at the same time and destroy them with ease.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Blindeye posted:

Switched back to the 57mm on the T-34 as well, despite having a lower penetration, it seems to penetrate more reliably (or maybe its accuracy is just meaning I hit more of the weak spots I aim at).

The slightly lower pen is more then offset by the insane ROF boost, better accuracy and aimtime. Not to mention the 189mm pen gold shells for tough things.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

kemikalkadet posted:

It uses the electrical cabling in your walls (the plug socket ones) as a kind of ghetto ethernet cable.

Is the connection any good? Currently I'm playing on wifi and this powerline things sounds pretty interesting.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Agrajag posted:

Is the connection any good? Currently I'm playing on wifi and this powerline things sounds pretty interesting.

It's basically an ethernet cable. It modulates its signal through the wiring.

Also most (if not all these days) brands encrypt the data between endpoints so somebody can't just plug another into your house and siphon your data :science:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Any idea on what the high tier Japanese Heavies will be like? Might consider training a crew right now to transfer over to heavies when they come out.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zephyrine posted:

Any good mods out there for artillery drivers?

uninstallwot.exe

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Battle Assistant is really helpful in every situation.

FTFY!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

WitchFetish posted:

uninstallwot.exe

:drat:

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
My favorite pubbie comeback is the "that's funny coming from a [9-12] year old". I always 1up them by going down a year, just to justify their attitude. I pander. I'm a people person.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

WitchFetish posted:

uninstallwot.exe

Do not dismiss us artillery pilots. We are the finger of god. Bringing down divine judgement on you ants with our magnifying glass.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 30, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I finished the TD mission last night and I'm back to having under 100 tanks in the garage. To celebrate I bought an A-44.

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, I bought the A-44 before clearing out the garage, but it doesn't matter.

I like it so far. It's fast like a medium, has a gun like a TD, and it has a female commander.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Do not dismiss us artillery pilots. We are the finger of god. Bringing down divine judgement on you ants with our magnifying glass.

**spends 10 minutes waiting for the circle to fully cover a tank only for the shot to miss anyway**

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
I decided to take the Super Pershing out for a spin.

11 hits received/0 penetrations
3,410 damage blocked

Eventually the Rhoomba and Jagtiger 88 on the either team just stopped shooting at me.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The SP is still easy as hell to pen. They just made it so if you don't know how to shoot them you wont get lucky.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Don't take this from me!!!

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Is the upper half of the UFP still penetrable with 200+ pen guns? Or did that get buffed as well?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

mmkay posted:

Is the upper half of the UFP still penetrable with 200+ pen guns? Or did that get buffed as well?

Doesn't feel like it any more. I had a few IS3 and 28 Proto shots eaten by lower and upper plates last night. It might be close to where it was when first came out...and when you take into account the changes for HEAT rounds as well as the upcoming pen nerf (in theory) it might only get better (or less worse really)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Mans posted:

**spends 10 minutes waiting for the circle to fully cover a tank only for the shot to miss anyway**

Cripple light tanks with the blast of a shot that missed by 5 meters.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As long as you manage a damage ratio above 0.59 while playing almost exclusively arty, I guess.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Doesn't feel like it any more. I had a few IS3 and 28 Proto shots eaten by lower and upper plates last night. It might be close to where it was when first came out...and when you take into account the changes for HEAT rounds as well as the upcoming pen nerf (in theory) it might only get better (or less worse really)

Do the two cannisters on top of the mantlet not count anymore?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Don't play on EU1 tonight. It's a loving shitshow.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Don't play on EU1 tonight. It's a loving shitshow.

yeah we're having a secret afterparty in EU2. don't tell anyone but bring a friend!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Agrajag posted:

They never have. The cupola is still there.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Okay, I'm going to ask a strange question, did they change the matchmaking for the game? Four days ago I was rocketing over 52% winrate, doing well. Today...I'm plummeting. Games since 3 days ago are averaging 30% win rate even as my damage/game and WN8 keep climbing. The number of bottom tier games I'm playing may be part of it but it's so sharp a difference that I'm left confused.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Blindeye posted:

Okay, I'm going to ask a strange question, did they change the matchmaking for the game? Four days ago I was rocketing over 52% winrate, doing well. Today...I'm plummeting. Games since 3 days ago are averaging 30% win rate even as my damage/game and WN8 keep climbing. The number of bottom tier games I'm playing may be part of it but it's so sharp a difference that I'm left confused.

I had this same problem and then moved to US West and started pubstomping and having > 60% winrate per session :v:

E: but yes it feels like they changed something but it's more probable that the RNG hates us all

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The weekend crowd has historically been worse than on weekdays, especially if there's a special on.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Agrajag posted:

The problem wasn't the canisters it was that there was a big hatch behind them. Staring at the model it looks like the canister are much much flatter and the hatch reduced somewhat in size. The gun shield might be bigger as well. You may even be able to mostly cover the tubes with the gun shield by aiming straight up at the expense of showing more turret cheek.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Haquer posted:

E: but yes it feels like they changed something but it's more probable that the RNG hates us all

Yeah. This poo poo happens sometimes, usually at weekends. I just played thirty games in my T-54 and won fourteen. Four games where I was top tier. My average damage was a third of normal because the gun wasn't going to hit or penetrate anything, and because the matchmaker thinks four E-100s on one team and one on the other is fair.

And Christ almighty the server is teaming with 42% top tier shotgun artillery, and people who TK because 'stoled my kill.'

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah. This poo poo happens sometimes, usually at weekends. I just played thirty games in my T-54 and won fourteen. Four games where I was top tier. My average damage was a third of normal because the gun wasn't going to hit or penetrate anything, and because the matchmaker thinks four E-100s on one team and one on the other is fair.

And Christ almighty the server is teaming with 42% top tier shotgun artillery, and people who TK because 'stoled my kill.'

I would LOVE to have all the E100s on the enemy team just to avoid my own team being doomed with the 41% nazi fetishists and clan toaster buyers.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Hah! We did actually win that one.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
MEANWHILE, ON THE EU SERVER:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

How bad is the latency when an EU player is on the US server?

Can you hit anything?