Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Death Prophet too. There was only four I think.

EDIT:

Death Prophet
Elder Titan
Necrophos
Terrorblade
Wraith King

Silencer was picked in the open qualifiers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/37u4zm/heroes_currently_unpicked_in_all_of_ti5_qualifiers/

Crell fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Rogue posted:

I saw a topic on reddit with the list, I believe 5 heroes not picked. ET, WK, can't remember the others

Ah, here it is.

Looks like wings gaming is the only reason some of these heroes were ever picked. Kind of shocked there's been no Necro, though. I feel like he used to get picked a lot last patch and he only got subjectively better since then.

Rogue
May 11, 2002

Yeah the one thing I thought of is that glimmer cape absolutely neuters necro ult and you only need to buy one on anyone on the team

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
they need to be at 28% life instead of 47%, it's still situationally good i think. dota meta works in mysterious ways

Rogue
May 11, 2002

Well it's also giving 55% resist vs the other team's burst and invisibility vs their physical attacks that might be used to get to the threshold on top of making the threshold much lower.

But yeah point taken it's still good in plenty of situations. I really like necro as a hero but the safelane would never be given to him over the other popular carries right now.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
I haven't seen it done yet but I think octarine core on Necrophos could be almost as good as it is on Lesh, the heal spam would be disgusting.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Rogue posted:

Well it's also giving 55% resist vs the other team's burst and invisibility vs their physical attacks that might be used to get to the threshold on top of making the threshold much lower.

But yeah point taken it's still good in plenty of situations. I really like necro as a hero but the safelane would never be given to him over the other popular carries right now.

Just make it so that scythe considers the magic resist of the target when it's first cast and does effective damage based off that.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The thing with necro is that he's an extremely gold and level reliant hero that both really wants a solo lane and to be protected because he has no way of defending himself from ganks, with the added effect of not scaling as late as other heroes who need similar attention. It's just way too risky a pick with how games are going now

It's easy to look at his ult and say you can delete a hero for two minutes, but getting there is a lot harder than you're thinking. The hero owns pub games for the same reason dudes like Omni and Abaddon do, but it doesn't necessarily translate to pro play. It could just be that teams haven't tried him enough yet to be comfortable picking him, but I doubt it. He's an extremely specific pocket pick at best

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
This Rave v MVP game is preeeeetty good so far.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
That loving Echo, Jesus.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Holy poo poo that echo slam :stare: Rave were getting crushed in that fight until that.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
This is a Bo1, right?

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

This is a Bo1, right?

Yeah

e: Cliffed 'em! :laffo:

Werner-Boogle fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 31, 2015

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
MVP finally gets the wombo combo

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Korea vs Korea! I guess that sending them to Singapore was worth it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I picked MVP.P for my SEA prediction so I hope they win!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think rave still got this once they get to the bo3s.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Hot6 just rolled Phoenix crazy hard. Jerax is crazy good.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah Hot6 are looking pretty drat good after that weird game 1 where they kept trading team wipes with Phoenix.

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
Jerax is completely out of control. He is hitting 2+ man light strikes every fight.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Token Cracker posted:

Jerax is completely out of control. He is hitting 2+ man light strikes every fight.

He has balled completely out of control this game, he is currently above everyone but the TA on Phoenix, as the Support Lina

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Marry me jerax :swoon:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
MVP told Phoenix to throw so hot6 could get through because they know Phoenix will win as the wildcard

:tinfoil:

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

dunno what he's like as a caster, but as a person maut seems infuckingsufferable, he's like the archetype nerd who gets worked up over nothing

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
http://dailydota2.com/match/ljiixph

Na'vi vs 4ASC starting up

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I find it really weird after seeing bloodseeker wrecking shop in SEA that it just gets completely ignored in EU.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
DENDI PUDGE.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Navi: The Pudge Man cometh

Watch this be disappointing compared to yesterday's game.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
:siren: DANIL PUDKA :siren:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

I find it really weird after seeing bloodseeker wrecking shop in SEA that it just gets completely ignored in EU.
SEA is always weirdly ahead in some respects, no doubt it'll be a Secret first pick at TI6.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Dendi pudge

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
A lineup dependant on going aggressivelly snowball to win and Na'vi are the first to drop two deaths. Don't see this going well off that.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Sonneiko plays Night Stalker like I do.

Except Dendi is less likely to yell "DA gently caress IS THAT, MAN" than the people I get queued with.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pros really need to start putting at least a point in missile.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man it's been a while since Dendi pudge. Such a treat to watch.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Finns forgot to ward the pit. That's because they aren't Swedes.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I WENT THERE I'm American I don't know the difference

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
Who is the caster that's not Synderen?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Werner-Boogle posted:

Who is the caster that's not Synderen?

kotlguy

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

oh my goodness, Trixi blinking in front of that Hook looked really deliberate, and if so, a great play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

na'vi are hosed, they have no lockdown for the PL at all

• Locked thread