Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched whatever that movie is that's like the first two episodes and that was more than enough LOGH for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

there were plans for a dub but they fell through because iirc the author is a huge xenophobe

A few episodes got dubbed but they were destroyed in a "fire"

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Gurren Lagann isn't really doing it for me. I'm going to give it one more episode and if I still can't get back into it I'll switch over to LOGH.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

littleorv posted:

Gurren Lagann isn't really doing it for me. I'm going to give it one more episode and if I still can't get back into it I'll switch over to LOGH.

Are you my coworker? He said the same thing

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Don't skip the OPs or EDs for LOGH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sken4RHX9FY

Do skip the next episode previews. The narrator loves to blurt out things like TUNE IN NEXT TIME WHEN COMMANDER BOB GUNDERWACK DIES.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Endorph posted:

there were plans for a dub but they fell through because iirc the author is a huge xenophobe

I find that hard to believe, considering there's not a single japanese character, the good guys are a multi-racial alliance, and the bad guys are a ethnically homogenous bunch of space nazis (at least they started out as space nazis, they turned into decadent space junkers).

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Are you my coworker?

I hope not. Also very unlikely.

Gurren Lagann's op is so good though.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Bad Seafood posted:

Don't skip the OPs or EDs for LOGH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sken4RHX9FY

Do skip the next episode previews. The narrator loves to blurt out things like TUNE IN NEXT TIME WHEN COMMANDER BOB GUNDERWACK DIES.

a lot spoil the next episode

littleorv posted:

I hope not. Also very unlikely.

Gurren Lagann's op is so good though.
are you a DBA?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

How far into TTGL are you?

TTGL never really clicked with me until further down the line.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Don't know what that means so no I don't work with you haha

Bad Seafood posted:

How far into TTGL are you?

TTGL never really clicked with me until further down the line.

Episode 11. I was really into it earlier but there has been too much moping going on for my liking.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

I was really into it earlier but there has been too much moping going on for my liking.
Keep watching.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If there's moping in Gurren Lagann it's just setup for something cool to happen later.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Keep watching.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If there's moping in Gurren Lagann it's just setup for something cool to happen later.

Okay I'll trust you two.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I miss those ridiculous sunglasses.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there will be more, cooler sunglasses

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Actually, if you've already watched episode 11, you should already be past the part where the moping is officially over.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Actually, if you've already watched episode 11, you should already be past the part where the moping is officially over.

Watching it right now actually

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Report back after you've finished.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
gurren lagan never really clicked with me either after a few episodes, does it really get better like halfway through the run?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Report back after you've finished.

Show is good again. Sorry LOGH but you will have to wait a bit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jagchosis posted:

gurren lagan never really clicked with me either after a few episodes, does it really get better like halfway through the run?
if you don't like gurren lagann you don't like gurren lagann. if you keep listening to people who tell you 'it gets better!' you'll have watched the whole thing anyway.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

Show is good again. Sorry LOGH but you will have to wait a bit.
Do post after episode 15. That one's my favorite.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Jagchosis posted:

Gurren Lagann was balls to the wall awesome from the get go for me. The show may not be for you.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Do post after episode 15. That one's my favorite.

If I remember to I will.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You'll probably remember.

It's quite the episode.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Jagchosis posted:

I always 'enjoyed' the show in a casual sort of way, but it wasn't until it revealed where it was going with certain things that I really began to 'appreciate' it.

That said, it does suffer from a few early spotty episodes. If you didn't enjoy the first three though, you're probably wasting your time.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I liked everything about it except the dogs who run backwards.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I will watch LOGH some time when I'm sick and bedbound.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I watched logh twice

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I watched logh twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACFNLe8hPmk

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

I watched logh twice
LOGH is probably one of my favorite shows but I cannot imagine ever watching it again.

I mean, maybe in a decade or something.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
It's good. I might watch it a third time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The thing about Gurren Lagann is that aside from some cast changes and plot developments, what you see is basically what you get. It's just that you get more of it. Escalating on an exponential scale.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I felt the second half of Gurren Lagann was a huge improvement over the first, though I don't think it's the sort of improvement that makes it worthwhile if you really dislike the first half.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Do you guys think they'll come out with a slim PS4 (a new revision) any time soon?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I doubt it, the PS 4 is already as compact as it's going to get for a while.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bad Seafood posted:

LOGH is probably one of my favorite shows but I cannot imagine ever watching it again.

I mean, maybe in a decade or something.
I've seen it twice thanks to that simulwatch in TVIV years ago. That was pretty fun since it was a lot of people who really would not have normally bothered with the show.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Thanks DD

LOVE THAT GOKU

DJ'ing just ain't the same without you

Dat Gohan.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Phobophilia posted:

I've been skipping the OPs and EDs, you just can't fit them in with long series.

At first I liked the Dougram OP. Then I got tired of it. Now I hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The_Frag_Man posted:

Do you guys think they'll come out with a slim PS4 (a new revision) any time soon?

According to the wikipedia, the PS1 got a slimmer version in 6 years, the PS2 in 4 years, and the PS3 in 3 years. The PS4 came out a year and a half ago, so like, maybe this holiday season, if they want to continue the trend of smaller amounts of time before redesigns, but I wouldn't count on it.

• Locked thread