Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

C-Euro posted:

I was running in downtown Philadelphia last night and ran by a guy playing didgeridoo on the street, I thought of this thread.

Also guys please come do a show in Philly while you're doing one in New York :smith:

I still think they should come to Canada and I don't give 2 shits that it's not America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Cerepol posted:

I still think they should come to Canada and I don't give 2 shits that it's not America.

Can jah leave the country? Serious question, I don't know rules about that. I know he got busted with shrooms

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

I dunno when he got in trouble with the law, but he went to Canada in 2010 for Jogger.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

C-Euro posted:

I was running in downtown Philadelphia last night and ran by a guy playing didgeridoo on the street, I thought of this thread.

Also guys please come do a show in Philly while you're doing one in New York :smith:

I think if they do a show in Pennsylvania, it'll be in Seth's sister city, Pittsburgh

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Cerepol posted:

North America through the eyes of two North American North Americans

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

I think his trip to iceland was after the bust?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Trabandiumium posted:

I think his trip to iceland was after the bust?

Yeah but Canada is a lot more weird about legal stuff I think?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Brock Samson posted:

I know they're too incompetent to ever have decent merch on the site so I ran that great image through vector magic and had it printed

dont hate me for my podcast swag

Holy poo poo. Is this easy to do, because I seriously want one ASAP.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Not hard, here's the full-sized image I ended up with, then just find some place to print it for you. I think I used http://www.postermywall.com/ , but there are probably cheaper places, like some Walgreen's.

http://postimg.org/image/4zeqgo7qj/full/

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
oh messiah? ay, chihuahua!

UYD: Teen CEOs runnin' wild

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008
I wish Jah would list the intro and outright music and update the merch.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I wish they would just like, get jah's dad to pay for the initial costs of hiring a business manager. penny arcade went from two dumb schmucks making a lovely comic into a media empire based off the work of one guy. it's really silly that i can't buy UYD branded clothing and posters and crap at any time. i want that white gothic letters shirt

Business
Feb 6, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

I wish they would just like, get jah's dad to pay for the initial costs of hiring a business manager. penny arcade went from two dumb schmucks making a lovely comic into a media empire based off the work of one guy. it's really silly that i can't buy UYD branded clothing and posters and crap at any time. i want that white gothic letters shirt

yeah but the reason UYD is so special is that they don't do any of that stuff. It's amateurish in the best way possible

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
It's really great that they don't take advertising or have guests or gently caress with the show's concept in any way, but i would be fine with it if they suddenly started letting me pay them for their own products more often.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Business posted:

yeah but the reason UYD is so special is that they don't do any of that stuff. It's amateurish in the best way possible

Not really, uyd is special because it's two best friends. Them having merch or not has literally nothing to do with their product. If they started having ads they cared about it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. It'd be weird if that did bother you???

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

The best podcast that exists which I'm given for free? That seth's worked his rear end off and has puttin his life into every single week for almost a decade? gently caress them if they wanna make money off it and I have to listen to them talk about a thing for 60 seconds

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
if they started doing live reads i'd probably have to seriously consider tapping out.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

if they started doing live reads i'd probably have to seriously consider tapping out.

Nice. 2006 4 life

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
They've done 'ads' before and it didnt work out so well

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Seth did a good job advertising that restaurant he met his schizoid soul mate at

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Do you guys not remember there was a period where they advertised that australian show and some energy drink powder or something?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Also HBO

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

They tried to advertise a show once but instead Jonathan told his Michael Keaton snowboarding story because it had a similar name to one of his movies.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ads are fine. I definitely am not in the demo that a lot of ads on podcasts are going for, the only one that I have bought anything from is the Giant Bombcast and like, the fact they seem to think most of what they sell is dumb seems to actually work on me, and the Square Spaces and fantasy sports stuff that I will never buy at least palatable. I think UYD might take the same tact.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
They also advertised for adamandeve for a month or so. Not sure how that ended up happening.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Magic Underwear posted:

Do you guys not remember there was a period where they advertised that australian show and some energy drink powder or something?

Is entourage australian, I remember them mentioning that but otherwise no, I do remember early on in the show there was general energy drink discussion wasn't there?

bvoid posted:

They also advertised for adamandeve for a month or so. Not sure how that ended up happening.

I remember that, and they stopped abd I think they said something like they didn't realise how out there the website was and said something like "hey mom check out adam and eve, the perfect place to buy all your balls clamps" it was a while ago since i heard that.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
The aussie show was Summer Heights High which I guess HBO has american rights to. It's in the 100-150 period.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Crankit posted:

Is entourage australian, I remember them mentioning that but otherwise no, I do remember early on in the show there was general energy drink discussion wasn't there?

The show was Summer Heights High. They were still on their HBO sponsorship when they were plugging it, I believe.

efb

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Entourage plugs were good because it was clear Seth hated Entourage

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Give me free poo poo forever. I am owed.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Hell, you've got to love the drat product.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Whatever side you're on, at least we can all agree that this is a fun and productive debate.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Al Pacone from goodfellas.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

bvoid posted:

The show was Summer Heights High. They were still on their HBO sponsorship when they were plugging it, I believe.

efb

Ugh, that Summer Heights High show, and the other garbage that comedian does (J'Mai, Jonah From Tonga) are terrible. I don't know how he got such a push from the networks a few years back. They were advertising it a ton on the Comedy Network up here in Canada, but that stopped pretty quick since no one wanted to watch his shows.

Plus he's semi-creepy, every show he does he's playing a kid.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Magic Underwear posted:

Are you thinking of Dren or did they have an actual sponsor like that?

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I can't believe they got Vinny Carwash.

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology
Just saw Seth in a Maron trailer!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
What's a Marin trailer

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Combaticus posted:

where dat link at boy-o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Combaticus posted:

the only maron episode i ever listened to was the uyd one, is his tv show any good?