Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I really can't get over how pretty this game is, even on PS4. I spend so much time just strolling through cities imagining how warm that sun is on Geralt's hairy face. :allears:

Probably helps the weather where I live is currently total poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...

Woozy posted:

I start selling all my food before leaving Velen.

I did the same thing and there is exactly one place late game where it came back to bite me in the rear end. Be aware that there are a few quests where meditation is restricted. During some of them you can replenish potions anyway by trying and failing to meditate, but not this one with long stretches of unavoidable damage...

(Act 3 portal-hopping spoilers) That ice world gave me a lot of grief. I didn't realize until near the end that you could heal by standing next to fires in the abandoned homes, and not all the homes have lightable fires anyway. Before the home stretch my potions were long gone and I was standing around stuffing chicken sandwiches down my gullet, nervously eyeballing the next doorway while the storm raged.

Getting through it felt good but I was glad I didn't scrub my inventory too thoroughly before I set out that time.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Avalerion posted:

They said they'd patch it on Monday for PC, consoles get the update later due to authentication.

Also anecdotal evidence suggests this only happens once you start turning in gray quests, unless you already have the bug you should be fine doing green ones.

They've now stated that they're more likely to forego a hotfix and patch the issue in 1.05, which is supposed to be out on Wednesday at the latest.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I actually can't tell if I have the XP bug or if some of these story quests are just really stingy with XP.

I got XP from some side quests I did yesterday and from taking out/repaying a loan today, but now I'm not getting any from finishing Count Reuven's Treasure or from any of the steps along the way during Get Junior, so I'm starting to wonder. Do those quests just not give much XP? I'm going to try doing some short green side quests and see if I get XP from them, just to test.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I want to do a second run of the game for my youtube channel, but before I started I was curious: What questions exactly are you asked to alter the setting when you choose to simulate a Witcher 2 save? I want to know if I can alter my actual save in any meaningful way or if it's not worth the trouble.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The Lone Badger posted:

Is there anything I can put in my pockets other than the torch and magic lamp?

I spent several hours running around wearing the wolf mask you get from Elihal. Masks go in pocket slots. Does this count?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So, I got paid 10 crowns for my thespian abilities. Irina gave me poo poo, too. Could you get more/laudrd?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
PS4 xp patch is a week, week-and-a-half away :sigh:

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/604590067835908097

Edit:

Dev forum post posted:

We are hoping to have it quicker than that. It's all about the certification process on consoles.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Even if you get hit with the "bug" you should be able to progress and beat the game just fine. They weren't lying when they said it wouldn't have a big effect on the game.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Calaveron posted:

So, I got paid 10 crowns for my thespian abilities. Irina gave me poo poo, too. Could you get more/laudrd?

Yeah, you can get a bunch extra depending on how well you do. Note that you actually have the text of the play in your inventory, so you can actually learn your lines and don't just have to guess which one to pick. Also, I think picking Priscilla as the princess and the professional actor (Rizza or something?) instead of the drunkard as the prince will give the best results.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Verranicus posted:

Even if you get hit with the "bug" you should be able to progress and beat the game just fine. They weren't lying when they said it wouldn't have a big effect on the game.

No?

I am level 16 and get no XP now, how will I be able to finish the game stuck at level 16?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm still confused as to how you can accidentally lock off experience rewards from every single secondary quest and contract. :psyduck:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Verranicus posted:

I want to do a second run of the game for my youtube channel, but before I started I was curious: What questions exactly are you asked to alter the setting when you choose to simulate a Witcher 2 save? I want to know if I can alter my actual save in any meaningful way or if it's not worth the trouble.

It's when you get interrogated by the general before you meet Emhyr. I don't think it affects anything besides which characters show up.

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm still confused as to how you can accidentally lock off experience rewards from every single secondary quest and contract. :psyduck:

Set a flag "don't give XP" because a quest was grey and forget to turn it off afterwards, maybe?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Greenplastic posted:

No?

I am level 16 and get no XP now, how will I be able to finish the game stuck at level 16?

You do realize not all quests give exp?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You don't realize not all players don't get XP from no quests regardless of there not being some quests that don't give XP?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Is the gwent tournament's level rec because they don't expect me to have enough cool cards by then or because I actually have to fight someone irl (which is against the witcher code of never fighting and only humiliating opponents with weather cards).

e: also where is the skill tree to turn my gwent cards into real things when I throw them at people and rename myself Gambit of Rivia

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 31, 2015

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
There may or may not be some boxing involved.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The latter. But I did it at around 14 anyway. But the players do have strong cards...

EDIT: Referring to gwent tournament

Artelier fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 31, 2015

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Broken Cog posted:

You do realize this bug has been acknowledged by CD Projekt Red and they are working nonstop to patch it? I have also played through several contracts, sidequests and mainquests with no XP awarded, and even checked youtube to confirm that yes, they were supposed to award XP, and no, I was not 6 levels or more overleveled.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Dapper Dan posted:

Lastly: 'PAMM PARAM, PAM PAM PARAM' drove me loving crazy. That's the new 'get out of here Stalker' for me.

"Help! I'm dying.....of poverty!"

I also overheard a brilliant conversation between two beggars, where one was complaining about a mage healing him of leprosy because it took away his only livelihood. I love the ambient conversations :allears:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Hmmm boxing ehh. I tried that at an inn in Novigrad and got one-twod by some bottomfeeder named Georgeous George. :smith:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Greenplastic posted:

You do realize this bug has been acknowledged by CD Projekt Red and they are working nonstop to patch it? I have also played through several contracts, sidequests and mainquests with no XP awarded, and even checked youtube to confirm that yes, they were supposed to award XP, and no, I was not 6 levels or more overleveled.

The point is the game is easy enough that you don't need to be at the same level as a quest to do it, and being underlevelled isn't going to lock you out of beating the game. My friend beat it at level 18.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Hmmm boxing ehh. I tried that at an inn in Novigrad and got one-twod by some bottomfeeder named Georgeous George. :smith:

Just dodge and/or parry :psyduck:. Fist fighting is the easiest part of the game, even easier than winning with maxed Igni.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Greenplastic posted:

You do realize this bug has been acknowledged by CD Projekt Red and they are working nonstop to patch it?

Considering they are getting the patch out soon/well, after the weekend/maybe later next week, I very much doubt this.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

katlington posted:

:siren: if you cast axii in a hare it will follow you around :siren:

Havent confirmed geese yet.

E: pig and hen friends confirmed

E2 :frogsiren: geese confirmed :frogsiren:

Permanently? Please say that because they have such simple minds axii lasts forever on them.

EDIT: So when do you know you have hit the xp bug? Does the quest say you earned some xp but when you check your progress bar it's the same? Do you not get any xp message when completing a quest that should give you some? Does it just say you earned 0xp instead of the number it should have said? I'm wondering if I somehow already ran into the bug while in White Orchard.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 31, 2015

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Jonathan McIntosh is very stupid.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Oh Geralt, at least you tried :allears:

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I don't know who you think is the thief but you should try to help the lady so you know what's actually happening. Also if you play your cards right you can get laid. :smug: Double entendre intended

If you see what Sasha's proposition is the first time she asks, she tries to get you to help her steal the money. So seeing that I don't believe she deserves to be worked with ever and the whole quest line kinda falls apart because you're basically forced to let her make out like a bandit or get no money. It seems like there's an epic option missing to be a Gwent purist and wreck all the tournament crashers

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Greenplastic posted:

No?

The bug doesn't affect all quests. Have you tried going to Skellige? I had a bunch of Novigrad quests give me no experience, but the Skellige quests have been giving me XP, even the ones I'm overleved for.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Stumbled across a random troll event here:

Not gonna spoil too much, but more trolls is always better.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Like I said earlier, I think a lot of players are just confused that they're not getting experience from every quest and because they see quests at level 20+ they expect to be getting more than they are without realizing how massive the game really is.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
How can you even tell if a quest is green vs. grey? I'm level 8 right now and I've been doing question marks and had a level 3 one to burn bodies and poo poo but I think I still got xp for that.

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!
So can Geralt gently caress everyone with no repercussions - or do we get some magic cat fighting?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Ah yes, the hallmark of a great cRPG: useless quests that don't reward XP.

Hallowed posted:

So can Geralt gently caress everyone with no repercussions - or do we get some magic cat fighting?

Don't be sexist!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Verranicus posted:

Like I said earlier, I think a lot of players are just confused that they're not getting experience from every quest and because they see quests at level 20+ they expect to be getting more than they are without realizing how massive the game really is.

I literally did the whole Skellige main quest line without getting a single point of experience. And no, I wasn't overleveled.

At least I'm on PC so I can easily fix that by giving myself some levels, but this has to be really annoying for console players.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

MadJackMcJack posted:

Oh Geralt, at least you tried :allears:

Wonder what they translated that from, seeing as it's so specific to english. Any polish players here?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Hallowed posted:

From what I read, only twotiming Yen with Triss or viceversa nets you a bad end, since they stick to the bros before hos maxim.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Jonathan McIntosh is very stupid.

I always laugh when post-modern cultural critics, who allegedly believe that there is no objective truth, declare their opinions are the factual ones.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Schurik posted:

Wonder what they translated that from, seeing as it's so specific to english. Any polish players here?

I was under the impression that they started in english and translated to everything else afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hallowed posted:

Endgame/Ending spoiler: you can get a triss+yen threesome offer if you told them both you loved them (it's actually a trap and they both dump you if you accept) and you end the game alone with Dandelion, like if you didn't romance them