Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

FrozenVent posted:

the gently caress is Pegasus?

something that apparently should have a button to make it shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Pegasus is a new Intel Atom server in Chibi. Its main purpose at the moment is to house a PCI card for interfacing with the payphones in the space and Asterisk.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Jonny 290 posted:

Pegasus is a new Intel Atom server in Chibi. Its main purpose at the moment is to house a PCI card for interfacing with the payphones in the space and Asterisk.

I get that you're trying to help but you made it worst

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im trying to figure out why people find it necessary to shut down the pbx to avoid noise or w/e.

jesus

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

IIRC the 'doorbell' rings the phones in the space

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

IIRC the 'doorbell' rings the phones in the space

this is actually hilarious

mostly because I don't have to hear it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

naturally they named the central control computer Chibi, since you want a tiny weird anime blob running everything

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

naturally they named the central control computer Chibi, since you want a tiny weird anime blob running everything

honestly surprised they didn't call it HAL

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

honestly surprised they didn't call it HAL

just what do you think you're making GBS threads on , dave

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

unpacked robinhood posted:

just what do you think you're making GBS threads on , dave

i'm sorry dave, i'm afraid i can't poo that

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
*do-ocratically shuts down life support*

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

actually i think it's just mounted in a quarter rack someone doocratically salvaged

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

SoupyTwist posted:

guys, there's an technical issue but I don't want to solve it using technology or talking to people

lol

issues that might trigger emotions when being solved are best ignored and avoided beep boop

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

open the elevator access door. open the access door!!

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think the best solution would be when the door bells rings,

to answer the door.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Yolo Wizard posted:

to answer the door.

maybe hack the door so that pushing the doorbell button actually opens the door

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

A Yolo Wizard posted:

to answer the door.

to be fair to noisebridge for a moment (ugh) from the pictures i've seen, the door seems to open to an atrium with an elevator, which you have to take to get into the main space, so physically opening the door as opposed to the current answer-phone-buzz-in system would actually be difficult.

that doesn't mean they had to hook the buzzer into their dumb computer for ~hacking~ purposes, however...

The Ghost Writer
Jun 27, 2012
:ghost:
Shameful Outlet
it would be a little funny if the thing was disconnected because some assholes outside - maybe someone pissed that their bedbug infested sleeping bag was found and thrown out or w/e - figured out that if you just jam on the doorbell all the time outside the nerds inside get all pissed and the homeless guys sleeping there have to wake up and so on

and when someone disconnects it bc they cant take it anymore all that leads to is an internal witchhunt for whoever was tampering with ~the system~

no one talks of course, everyone just assumes internal enemies

it would be like, maximal effect and griefing for minimum effort and not even being fingered as the instigator

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

maybe it's someone's fetish to poo poo on an anime you don't know

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

quote:

Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Biohacking is so much cooler than
programming!
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 15:55:48 -0700
To: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss@lists.noisebridge.net>

Yeah you heard that right. Everyone can write javascript now. You're not
special. Time to move on to something more esoteric before you realize
that every teenybopper out there is a better programmer than you (it
happened to gaming didn't it?!)

Time to join Counter Culture Labs and hack some DNA! Get a pre-paid
discounted memberships and claim the glorious title of Founding Member!

Â
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1836537355/counter-culture-labs-your-biohacking-and-citizen-s

We're taking our lab up to biosafety level 2, which will make it viable
to do genetic engineering (and maybe even human disease work) in our space!

We're in the last _week_ of our kickstarter campaign but we're still a
few thousand away from our goal. Give us a buck or something why not?
Here's the link again if you missed it:

Â
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1836537355/counter-culture-labs-your-biohacking-and-citizen-s

and if you're drowning under that nightmarish SF rent and can't afford
to give us even one measly dollar, then I request that you spam all your
richest facebook/twitter/imaginary friends continuously for the next six
days!

--
marc/juul

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

In an effort to make Noisebridge more awesome, some of us have been trying to help solve the age old question of, "Is anyone at Noisebridge there to let me in?" or in other words, "Is Noisebridge alive?"

We've got three solutions brewing that'll hopefully help with this problem!

- Sentient Door
- Semaphore Switch
- ASCII Portal

SENTIENT DOOR

quote:

Is ASCII Portal ASCII cam rebranded? If so, many concerns have been raised at the last two weekly meetings. I suggest further discussion is needed before repointing a camera at the hackatorium

HACKATORIUM

quote:

>> I am not the only concern holder. Are you able to attend the Tuesday meeting next week?
>Absolutely not, but I can make time to chat with people one on one offline.

I feel pointing a camera at the hackatorium requires discussion in a public forum. Pushing the conversation to a side channel undermines the concerns raised by others who don't want to meet with you individually. Until all concerns have been addressed, the camera should remain out of operation.

CONCERN HOLDER

quote:

Considering I've heard four separate people tell me how much of a poo poo show the last two meetings have been because of how others have poorly raised and discussed their concerns over this project, I have zero interest in wasting my time or the community's time. However I am more than happy to (and have been implored by others to) give you and anyone else my direct full undivided attention individually in person in a form that isn't the mailing list nor the Tuesday meeting (and as it turns out, already successfully have). Even though this isn't a consensus item, dealing with problems outside of the Tuesday meeting is classically how we've done it.

CLASSICALLY HOW

quote:

My girlfriend does not like me to hangout at noisebridge. I have to lie sometimes.

I may break up with her cause of this ASCII B.S.

ASCII B.S.

quote:

I'm curious why there is such a strong push for discussion about this instead of doocratically doing a thing about the camera.

Wire snips are in the toolbox.

If thats not a good course of action, might I suggest having a face to face talk with those of us involved with the camera? People don't come to Tuesday meetings to hear well intentioned people get super emotionally involved and have at each other in the worst way.

SUPER EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

can we call the cdc or something

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
beaten

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

someone steals the underpressure apparatus from the lab and a hobo squatting in the elevator shaft next door contracts genetically-engineered syphilis after someone pisses on a petri dish

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

someone's doocratically created yet _another_ super secret special noisebridge clubhouse for that.

Y'all divert discussion from the discussion-list and onto a private slack, stifling open discourse until it bubbles up in unexpected places. Then all y'all shuffle your feet and "aw shucks" about it.

ALL Y'ALL

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

OSI bean dip posted:

We're taking our lab up to biosafety level 2, which will make it viable
to do genetic engineering (and maybe even human disease work) in our space!

:stare:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

human disease work

the screenplay forms itself

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

disambiguates from the singular

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

human disease work

the screenplay forms itself

i just read a book, titled "Wastelands 2: More Stories of the Apocalypse" but none of those scenarios were as lovely as the one presenting itself here

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Someone poo poo on the apocalypse

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
personally, i think it is good and cool that a group of guys with no lab experience who can't figure out how to wire a doorbell will soon be culturing samples from the sick squirrel from the tree out front to hack a disruptive cure for their friend the sick squirrel

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

"does anyone know who left the vials labeled smallpox on the project shelf? someone called homeland security and they got in because the doorbell was stuck on. several members are very upset about this intrusion"

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
someone biohacked the soldering irons

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"human disease work" just means they reclassified the piles of poop as "research samples" rather than cleaning them up

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

eschaton posted:

someone biohacked the soldering irons

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sweevo posted:

"human disease work" just means they reclassified the piles of poop as "research samples" rather than cleaning them up

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

If you were at bsidessf there was a talk where sf leaked in (woman loudly accusing a speaker of aiding murderers because his talk was about setting up secure communications and networks during riots, etc). This is what I imagine every noise bridge meeting to be like.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

quote:

[Noisebridge-discuss] FadeCandy server in da space

There is a FadeCandy in the space, and this time it is actually hooked up to the 'net.

kitsune:7890

You can find kitsune dangling precariously from the ladder in the fox lounge. It also has a speaker hooked up to it and hidden behind a couch. Ambient sounds will come out of it from time to time. Enjoy :)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

quote:

[Noisebridge-discuss] Fedora on the 3d printer

Hi, nerysbridge.

My last attempt at installing Fedora to the 3d printer was aborted early on when the whole system was totally wiped in favor of ubuntu, and left to bitrot.

I'm dual booting fedora and the current ubuntu system on there, and will maintain the fedora one for a while, or at the very least make sure its hard to gently caress with it.

Can't even count the number of times someone's ran into problems with the current setup that has 38572 configurations when someone wants to tweak it and ends up ruining the system for everyone who doesn't know to download a fresh copy of replicatorg.

quote:

The 3d printer computer currently has:

- Default boot to fedora
- replicatorg
- pronterface
- slic3r

You can't actually use pronterface with our flashforge creator, as it turns out. The thing seems to not be speaking GCode(????)

That other Prusa, however, still needs a good plastruder built and put together for it to work. I'm hoping I'll remember to kick off some prints for it this week. Excited to get the RAMBo working with it finally.

If you are terrified of change and want to go back to Ubuntu, mash the down arrow key at boot and pick the Ubuntu menu item. Admittedly, I haven't actually tested dual booting so I could be talking out of my rear end though I've got faith that things worked out alright. Models and stuff will get copied over from the Ubuntu system to the Fedora system "soon", along with shoving stuff into the wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
someone doocratically replaced fedora with ubuntu so i've doocratically replaced ubuntu with fedora

(from the subject line i thought someone was 3d printing neckbeardwear)

• Locked thread