Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Silver Falcon posted:

Lies! If you're dark blue you can be a Happy Happyist.

BLUE BLUE BLUE!

I think you'll find orange is the one true squid color. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

well now im sad. tracking info says splatoon was delivered today but i cant find it anywhere :( now i gotta deal with amazon/usps instead of being a squid

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's time to squid! :dukedog:

Time to get inky with it

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Artix posted:

Excuse me, that honor belongs to pink. :colbert:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Orange squid. Gak green ink.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
hey what do color blind people see

is it grey

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think there's some kind of colour blind option that lets them pick colours their broken eyes can see

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I guess they've gotten away from the whole 'these cartoon characters must adhere to real world Olympic performance standards' thing with this one, the game actually looks kind of fun now.

If they're putting in Mario versions of Golf and Soccer, I hope they bring back their bizarre vision of Basketball as well for this one.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Well ok guys, I got squid game and that wii u pro controller. Been adding people from the sheet, I am on the friend sheet now too.

I also got one of those aiimbo inkboy things. They were out of everything else.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Walked into GameStop to pick up some preowned games and grabbed the last silver Mario amiibo on a whim. Gonna open it. I hope this makes a goon mad.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Walked into GameStop to pick up some preowned games and grabbed the last silver Mario amiibo on a whim. Gonna open it. I hope this makes a goon mad.

'Free them from their plastic prison' is an amiibo thread meme :geno:

There are amiibo thread memes. :geno:

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Nah man...

1) You should open them.
2) We don't care about Silver Mario. Gold Mario (the Wal-Mart exclusive) is the one that was impossible to get. Silver Mario is relatively easy to obtain, especially as demonstrated by you just casually getting one without trying.
3) They are toys, open them, enjoy them.
4) Or keep this Mint in Box if that's your thing. Do what makes you happy.

Ok, now that I have Ness, wake me up when Dr. Mario and Ganondorf are for sale.

edit: Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PrRUKFcnPM

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

codenameFANGIO posted:

'Free them from their plastic prison' is an amiibo thread meme :geno:

There are amiibo thread memes. :geno:

The truth is not a meme

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

good

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Here you go, shopkeep. Thirteen American dollars. No, I don't even want this, sir. I'm just hoping to make someone on an internet forum I frequent mad. It's called Something Awful, perhaps you've heard of it?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Best console shooter since time splitters

Never thought of it in these terms, but yeah.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

drat that amiibo looks good.

It almost makes me wish he were in Smash even though I've never played a Chibi-Robo game before, but I'll hopefully be able to play the first one in the following months thanks to a friend of mine.

Maybe he'll be DLC for SSB4 after Lucas

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Infinitum posted:

It's called running. It's an Olympic sport. I mean really.

*pirouettes across finishing line*

now this is what i'm talking about. this is what i'm here for

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh. Oh gosh. I am preordering this.

I didn't imagine being hyped over some videogame characters racing each other in bicycles would be a thing, but here we are.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Make the video and address it to the amiibo scalpers. Just open it and lick the amiibo.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Oh. Oh gosh. I am preordering this.

I didn't imagine being hyped over some videogame characters racing each other in bicycles would be a thing, but here we are.

thats from the 2012 london olympics just fyi. i dont know if this one will have bikes or not

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The truth is not a meme

My point is that he made no one angry so it was a wasted purchase, much like his Something Awful account with which he amuses no one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's a shame that the football clip from the Rio olympics game looked really stiff, I can't imagine it's anything like Mario Strikers

The other Mario and Sonic Olympic games have been pretty terrible so it's not really worth getting your hopes up for this one to be honest

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I want to want Splatoon, but the way the maps rotate and the fact that you have to duck out of online to change your loadout before joining another random team doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. There was a good number of times in the Global Testfire where I'd end up on a team with three other rollers and we would get (ironically) rolled over because we had no ranged support.

How often is Splatoon going to get updates?

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 31, 2015

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Kaubocks posted:

I want to want Splatoon, but the way the maps rotate and the fact that you have to duck out of online to change your loadout before joining another random team doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. There was a good number of times where I'd end up on a team with three other rollers and we would get (ironically) rolled over because we had no ranged support.

We know there's plans for new modes, matchmaking options, and maps between now and august, but I don't think there's dates for anything yet. They'll probably have info on it at E3.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

sharrrk posted:

thats from the 2012 london olympics just fyi. i dont know if this one will have bikes or not

Why didn't anyone tell me? I'll have to look into this.

Help Im Alive posted:

The other Mario and Sonic Olympic games have been pretty terrible so it's not really worth getting your hopes up for this one to be honest

Fourth time's the charm.

Kaubocks posted:

Depends on how often people make a fuss about it. Nintendo is throwing money left and right for it become an actual IP they can rely on and likely plans to keep the game around while people are playing, but if the development team doesn't hear about little improvements they could add, they will probably not add them.

Well, they will still likely not add them anyway, but if they don't hear anyone making a fuss about it, it's 100% certain they won't.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Splatoon is amazing. It also makes me want to grab Nintendo Land (yeah I know you guys have been preaching it's greatness) because it was made by Nintendo EA&D Group 2 same guys who made Splatoon.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The most important part of the Mario/Sonic olympic games is the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKf9yYY9kj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwTx1zY2tX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIc6gtiRabc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQn5vbwDrqw

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I was expecting Splatoon to be awful. I was wrong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Get in :pcgaming:

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Kaubocks posted:

I want to want Splatoon, but the way the maps rotate and the fact that you have to duck out of online to change your loadout before joining another random team doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. There was a good number of times in the Global Testfire where I'd end up on a team with three other rollers and we would get (ironically) rolled over because we had no ranged support.

For what its worth, my experience across a hundred and fifty or so games so far has been that there's very rarely more than two rollers and often just one.

As for updates supposedly by the end of the summer august splatoon is going to have 9 new maps? And who knows how many weapons. There's a screenshot of a guidebook floating around somewhere that shows 4 maps and 8 weapons.

Susat fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 31, 2015

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Artix posted:

Orange is basically team Nickelodeon, so I can get behind that.

That and the lime green color, because it looks like Nickelodeon slime. Ah, the 90's. :allears:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

It's a shame that the football clip from the Rio olympics game looked really stiff, I can't imagine it's anything like Mario Strikers

they're solid minigame collections and the dream events always stand out as being particularly good, plus theyre full of fun fanservice. theyre nothing amazing or anything but they're fun enough. its definitely not going to be mario strikers 3 though idk why anyone thinks it will be

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Guys, guys, guys, I'd never use the word "epic" in a context where it wouldn't fit, but let me tell you, that Splatoon final boss? Epic.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Wrong as hell. I don't know how it's possible to be that wrong.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Saoshyant posted:

Guys, guys, guys, I'd never use the word "epic" in a context where it wouldn't fit, but let me tell you, that Splatoon final boss? Epic.

Yo, he wants to remix your face.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just got cast as the lead in a musical so I won't be playing Splatoon for a few months. Hope it's not too hard to catch up in September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

I just got cast as the lead in a musical so I won't be playing Splatoon for a few months. Hope it's not too hard to catch up in September.

I don't think Highschool extra curricular activities are all that time consuming. It's safe to say that you could in fact do both.

• Locked thread