Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Chrome is full of handy features.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

muscles like this? posted:

The stupid thing about the whole life fiber explanation is that bit where they have to justify why everyone didn't always have superpowers. When you have to use the phrase "for some reason" your theory is bad.

Hey, if I was a smart space parasite, I'd elevate a species' intelligence to ensure it becomes prosperous, go into hibernation for thousands of years to wait for my time to strike and ensure I'm not detected by this new smart race, and reactivate to harvest billions instead of maybe a million. You can't fault life fibers for playing the long con, the primordial life fiber must just be drat confident that even the increased numbers and technology of humans can't threaten it, though it is of course doomed because humans are special, dammit.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
From this point on it's probably best to reduce any expectations of things making sense anymore to rock bottom and just watch the pretty light show and shouting people. I'm pretty sure this last third of the series literally work on the power of nonsense.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I think the last GTO episode we watched was episode 13

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I know we officially ended just before the arc with double eye color girl started.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Aw crap, I didnt know SAO2 started, How many eps will I have to watch to get caught up?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

please dont watch SAO on your own time

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Meme Emulator posted:

Aw crap, I didnt know SAO2 started, How many eps will I have to watch to get caught up?

If you really must, yesterday was episode 9.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
oh this oughtta be gooooooood

e: what the gently caress

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 1, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Vegeta, all healed, busts the poo poo out of Frieza's ship and loving tosses his Dragon Balls out of there. Krillin comes back to base camp with Super Kami Guru's Ball as Gohan tracks the ball Vegeta hid in a village he attacked. Vegeta and Zarbon followed Krillin and fight over the Dragon Ball. Vegeta kills the poo poo out of Zarbon, and Frieza orders for his best men. Tokusentai! Tokusentai! Tokusentai!

Are they still on Namek?: Yes
Is Goku on Namek yet?: No
Wait how many episodes until the Ginyu Force?: NEXT WEEK!

Kill La Kill: Life fibers are aliens that guided the evolution of humanity. Ragyo molests Satsuki. Ryuko continues to be such an awful protagonist that Tsumugu is about to kill her, but don't be fooled by the prospect of Tsumugu actually doing something.

Sword Art Online II: Death Gun is my name and the name of my gun. Also Kirito and Sinon track Death Gun but Death Gun gets Sinon and is using the same gun she used to shoot a man three times.

One Piece: I'm not even gonna bother because it's another goddamn Boss Luffy filler episode tonight Jesus Christ.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 6, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
How I got spoiled a month or so ago!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Argus Zant posted:

THIS IS MY RIFLE

THIS IS MY DEATH GUN

THIS ONE'S FOR FIGHTING

THIS ONE'S JUST DUMB

I'm still laughing at this.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Did something happen in One Piece last week to warrant another stupid Boss Luffie thing? At least last time the kabuki guy transported them all to it or some poo poo.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Did something happen in One Piece last week to warrant another stupid Boss Luffie thing? At least last time the kabuki guy transported them all to it or some poo poo.

Toei really thinks people like Boss Luffy. It pisses me off that the cover stories were panned as filler. I loved the adventures of mini-Buggy and would've killed to see Hachi's or Eneru's arcs unfold.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

They were panicking and trying not to catch up to the manga. They were seriously, hilariously close to doing so at this point. So they just threw poo poo in for a quick buffer.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man, it's going to be really weird coming back to Kill La Kill and hearing Senketsu's VA after hearing him do the most ridiculous camp gay delivery for a while.
Also I think today is the episode with the actual pointless plot dump because it has to do with Tsumugu and everything to do with him was very obviously completely dropped.

Waffleman_ posted:

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Vegeta, all healed, busts the poo poo out of Frieza's ship and loving tosses his Dragon Balls out of there. Krillin comes back to base camp with Super Kami Guru's Ball as Gohan tracks the ball Vegeta hid in a village he attacked. Vegeta and Zarbon followed Krillin and fight over the Dragon Ball. Vegeta kills the poo poo out of Krillin, and Frieza orders for his best men. Tokusentai! Tokusentai! Tokusentai!

I think you mean Vegeta killed Zarbon?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh Snapple! posted:

They were panicking and trying not to catch up to the manga. They were seriously, hilariously close to doing so at this point. So they just threw poo poo in for a quick buffer.

Still better than what they end up doing eventually.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HGH posted:

Man, it's going to be really weird coming back to Kill La Kill and hearing Senketsu's VA after hearing him do the most ridiculous camp gay delivery for a while.
Also I think today is the episode with the actual pointless plot dump because it has to do with Tsumugu and everything to do with him was very obviously completely dropped.

I think you mean Vegeta killed Zarbon?

I MEANT THAT THE WHOLE TIME

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Still better than what they end up doing eventually.

That's probably the sad part, yeah.

I honestly do resent Japan's stupid as hell TV timeslot bullshit that makes this awful poo poo a necessity to begin with.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's actually totally unnecessary, there's at least one long running show that takes breaks and still gets its timeslot because it's popular (Gintama). Also Toei could replace it with another show during down-time to keep the slot open as it were. It's literally just because it makes money no matter what they do so they don't give a poo poo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

toei.txt

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sakurazuka posted:

It's actually totally unnecessary, there's at least one long running show that takes breaks and still gets its timeslot because it's popular (Gintama). Also Toei could replace it with another show during down-time to keep the slot open as it were. It's literally just because it makes money no matter what they do so they don't give a poo poo.

Yeah Sunrise does that all the time with shows. Most notably Gundam OO and Code Geass swapped timeslots between seasons to keep both of them occupied at the appropriate times.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Regarding your new Avatar Waffleman, I've known you were evil all along since you have different opinions about SAO than me, and I'm certainly good. We both hate the moon though, so there's hope for us to get along yet.

I'm fixing my sleep schedule today, so I'll miss out on the ami's both Toon and Goon. I'll check out peoples reactions to tonight's shenanigans later though, I'm sure there'll be some good posts!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Starting at 10 tonight.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://synchtu.be/r/Beefovision

Beef gonna start streaming soon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EVERYONE GET IN HERE

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

It's not ten yet so I'll wait

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ruggington posted:

It's not ten yet so I'll wait

EAST COAST BEAST COAST MOTHER FUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
As we watch Onizuka, we all plot to kill older generations off to find a job.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Crabtree posted:

As we watch Onizuka, we all plot to kill older generations off to find a job.

If Goku was our dad we could all just fight bad guys

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know, this show still looks pretty good, especially remastered.

Edit: Gohan, protect Team Four Star! They need to at least get to Hercule!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, watching these old episodes its kind of bonkers how Vegeta is just accepted as a good guy after murdering a good chunk of the cast and then a bunch of other people.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

nobody here but us space ducks.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

muscles like this? posted:

You know, watching these old episodes its kind of bonkers how Vegeta is just accepted as a good guy after murdering a good chunk of the cast and then a bunch of other people.

dying really mellows a guy out, man

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It kind of looked like he exploded there for a second instead of just flying away.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Bulma knows just what to say.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I wonder how a Dragon Ball tastes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I wonder how a Dragon Ball tastes

Luffy, get back to your own show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gohan, don't let Vegeta grab your ball(s.)

• Locked thread