Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like the cleric beast theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh + paarls

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

first boss death of the lvl 10 run to rom last night -____- realy need to figure out how to dodge the arcane spell 100%. sprinting seems like the best way but u still get clipped every so often

wooden shield halves meteor damage..maybe try running towards him while holding it so some of the mmiss you and whatever does get you gets shielded

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hm.. ty for shield tip. still, i only ever get hit with the last meteor to fall, but id really rather dodge it completely. maybe i should try tilting the camera up and watching them fall..

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

hm.. ty for shield tip. still, i only ever get hit with the last meteor to fall, but id really rather dodge it completely. maybe i should try tilting the camera up and watching them fall..

my friend gets pissed when i tilt the camera up to loo kat the meteors and tells me its just loving me up but uhhh he isnt the one playing and savagely owning rom lol, is he,? tilting the camera up is a good strat

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I lik[ed rom's theme a lot

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
my favorite bit of sound in this game is definitely the winter lantern singing. it's so eerie and unsettling

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

NickRoweFillea posted:

my favorite bit of sound in this game is definitely the winter lantern singing. it's so eerie and unsettling

yea.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Getting stuck in this game. I think I've dropped like over 100000 souls in Yahargul from getting caught up on level geometry while running by guys. the only other things I can do in the game are cainhurst and Chikage hunter. I'm like level 54. I think I'm just gonna scrub out.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Retromancer posted:

Getting stuck in this game. I think I've dropped like over 100000 souls in Yahargul from getting caught up on level geometry while running by guys. the only other things I can do in the game are cainhurst and Chikage hunter. I'm like level 54. I think I'm just gonna scrub out.

theres some hidden shortcuts around some of the stuff in yahargul, so you could try and look for another way.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

SM64Guy posted:

stats specifically for i-frames and carry weight infuriate me to no end especially after bloodborne

having a stat for i frames would be bad to me, but having iframes determined by invisible breakpoints on a derived stat is like, dire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DSII added way too many stats, which ended up being pointless because of the inflated leveling. So it was just "Google the ADP and Vigor requirements to make the game play like DSI" and you had to waste a good chunk of early levels on that stuff

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

ppl arent summoning cos bsb is the easiest boss in the game by a mile. u dont even need the dodge button to beat him without getting hit since u can just walk under the arm he attacks with. like the adjudicator in demon souls

here i backed this statement up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4rBX69MY1U

0 presses of the dodge button altho i did get hit once. WHAT EVER . anyway this is the easy way to kill BSB

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ive heard people say hes the hardest boss ever. idont get it.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

some guy kept getting killed by bsb on his second runthrough the game like 30 times and was complaining like "i've tried initializing my ps4 idk whats wrong. i think my game is bugged'

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
lol. in Games? sounds about right

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i died on purpose cos i got hit the first try if anyones wondering why i picked my blood echoes up BTW lol. then i got hit again and was like whatever itll get the point across.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's lying. He died 75 times on BSB and spent all day trying to make the video

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i died after i killed him as well because i was saving the clip and forgot to use an antidote. fffffffiuuuuuuuu

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
My first character I died like 50 times to BSB- I wouldn't to attacks though I'd just get poisoned like 15 times in phase 3 because I didn't use fire paper and I was playing really passive.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
huh, i always do unlocked rolls past him. i had no idea you can just slowly walk through his attacks, lol.

for some reason watchdog took forever on this new skill character. i got him in 3 tries on my last dude O_o

Dec 26, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

ive heard people say hes the hardest boss ever. idont get it.

he punishes playing passively way more than other earlygame bosses

Dec 26, 2012

like it doesnt make him hard if youre good at the game but a lot of people at that point are still used to being dark souls shield-users and the difference is first very noticeable there

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
fwiw, i found having a stagger attack made him pretty easy (i took him down in like 3 or 4 attempts w/ my kirkhammer hunter), but had a lot more trouble w/ the cane

also the hunter's bone loving sucks, and i sort of regret rushing to 15 arcane at the expense of vit and damage

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Just returned my copyof blood borne to target, got a full price refund and bought another copy at the same store on sale for $40 anyway target has this on sale for $40 if you don't have it yet

Paarl is kinda hard

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
you need to hit paarl and bloodstarve beast to beat them

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
eveyrthing about cainhurst is the best

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if Eileen dies during the fight at the tomb can I grab her insignia?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

if Eileen dies during the fight at the tomb can I grab her insignia?

yea but the oath rune is really good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
altho the vial one isnt so bad either.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

yea but the oath rune is really good

i just want to get blades early. I just cheesed her with poison knives at the cathedral instead , bc I'm lame.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow, charged tinitrus just plows through PvE

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

wow, charged tinitrus just plows through PvE

pretty much. its nice to have the range from other weapons though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
lmfao the books in the hunters dream have titles like "how to pick up fair maidens"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

lmfao the books in the hunters dream have titles like "how to pick up fair maidens"

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres some other titles too but i cant make them out ... can someone with a 50 inch tv look for me

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
step 1: trap an eldritch creature in a dream dimension
step 2: channel its spirit into a mannequin
step 3: dress it up cute

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

lmao... hell yes

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

it's the little things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodar
May 21, 2007

That's incredible

Ebrietas's theme is my favorite track in the game, awe is an important and underused facet of cosmic horror, and i'm glad it goes for that instead of murky synths and horror strings. Gerhman's is also good