Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Is he? I always saw him as smaller but that may be because he's hunched over all the time.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually did take a hiatus from the Rumble to Mania or so and no one noticed :v: Your point is taken though. You're a buddy, MotU. See you guys maybe tomorrow, maybe in a week or two, we'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-JafbJKbhI&feature=youtu.be&t=99

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Outa curiosity what's the difference between them? I can't imagine it's much.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think he should be and could be, but the company's size fetish has screwed worthy contenders before.

Dean is bigger than Roman.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Outa curiosity what's the difference between them? I can't imagine it's much.

I think it's like a couple inches..

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

OK so I wonder if they let Kalisto practice climbing and walking on the cage at all before he did it because it did not really seem that way.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That Naomi reverse 'rana spot isn't as bad as the gif makes it look. When they showed the other angle you can clearly see that Paige landed on Naomi's legs with her back and slid off.

Still a botch but not the crippling it appears to be.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

That Naomi reverse 'rana spot isn't as bad as the gif makes it look. When they showed the other angle you can clearly see that Paige landed on Naomi's legs with her back and slid off.

you say that but she's out 2-4 weeks now

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Blast Fantasto posted:

After one of those spots Naomi rolled Paige over for the pin and she looked like legit unconscious dead weight.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Zyla posted:

you say that but she's out 2-4 weeks now

Well, there were the other two spots that also looked like murder.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah I don't doubt she got hurt in that match, just that the specific spot legit looked like it broke her neck at first wasn't as bad as it looks. Still like four huge gently caress ups in that match.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah I don't doubt she got hurt in that match, just that the specific spot legit looked like it broke her neck at first wasn't as bad as it looks. Still like four huge gently caress ups in that match.

I loved how the commentary put it over as this big huge move.

No name to it as well, I remember JBL constantly saying "Awww she won't be getting up after that move, and what a move it was."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

I think they make Dean champion at some point because eventually Reigns is gonna be champion and eventually they'll do a Shield reunion, and "ALL THREE MEN WERE WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION" sounds way better than "Seth and Reigns were champion"

Rollins vs Ambrose vs Reigns seems like a money match.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MotU posted:

i think people just confused 'divas that is actually athletic' with 'diva that is a good wrestler'

pretty much yeah

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Rest well, Paige. We'll take it from here.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Well at least the people on tumblr complaining about her will be happy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry I don't call everything poo poo bro

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The main event proved the Dusty finish can work as long as it you don't do it too often IMO

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Intruder posted:

The main event proved the Dusty finish can work as long as it you don't do it too often IMO

Except it's a Dusty finish that makes no sense. There have been plenty of title changes on the second ref counting 3 after the 1st ref bumped out that were never reversed.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Orgophlax posted:

Except it's a Dusty finish that makes no sense. There have been plenty of title changes on the second ref counting 3 after the 1st ref bumped out that were never reversed.

are you ready for a CROOKED REF ANGLE

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Orgophlax posted:

To play devil's advocate, most ref bumps happen by accident but this was Seth very clearly pulling the ref in the way.

The craziest part about this Dusty finish is that Dirty Deeds is strong enough to get an 8 count.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Charles Gnarwin posted:

To play devil's advocate, most ref bumps happen by accident but this was Seth very clearly pulling the ref in the way.

what I'm wondering is if pulling a ref in has ever lead to a DQ before :v:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

abraham linksys posted:

what I'm wondering is if pulling a ref in has ever lead to a DQ before :v:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1u7i4l_wwf-wrestlemania-iv-don-muraco-vs-dino-bravo_sport

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder why they didn't use the established Evil Ref, Scott Armstrong as the evil ref that screwed Dean. Unless they did and commentary ignored that, in which case congrats WWE

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Why did the Neville vs. Dallas match suck so much? I was expecting more from them given their history.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Grey posted:

Why did the Neville vs. Dallas match suck so much? I was expecting more from them given their history.

Maybe because it was a heatless void were the commentary never acknowledged the fact these men did have history?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Grey posted:

History was never acknowledged, it was far from their best, and even if it was it still would have looked like poo poo immediately following the Owens/Cena match. It was treated exactly like what it was, a piss break.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

having the tower of doom spot twice in one night takes away from the impact imo. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone had a good night.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

having the tower of doom spot twice in one night takes away from the impact imo. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone had a good night.

I did, my power didn't get knocked out during Game of Thrones and there was a MOTY candidate on a WWE product

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Maybe because it was a heatless void were the commentary never acknowledged the fact these men did have history?

... yes it did? It wasn't beaten over our heads or anything, but they discussed Neville winning the title from Bo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Blooming Brilliant posted:

They ran a video package at on point in the night (maybe preshow) that showed the ladder match in NXT and everything.

I didn't even mind the Neville match. It was clearly placed as a cool down and Bo worked nicely as a heel who kept you from seeing the cool poo poo that the face can do. At least he cinched up the cravate nicely.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The craziest part about this Dusty finish is that Dirty Deeds is strong enough to get an 8 count.

Both of these. This was not your typical ref bump, it was literally one of the two match participants clearly accosting a ref.

And holy poo poo when Seth didn't kick out of the Dirty Deeds I was less shocked Dean "won" and more that Seth didn't kick out,

Also

Intruder posted:

:agreed:

This was the rare example of a Dusty finish being really well executed IMO.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I like the owens/cena match because Cena is just overselling the gently caress out of everything, it's great. Also the tag chamber match was awesome, gently caress the haters. Though that top-drop thing was weird and didn't really work.

edit: who did they pick up calling during the match, was it owens or cena?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

went to the show, crowd was hot all night except for the womens match/bo dallas match. jimmy jacobs too sweeted me. owens merch sold out really early. good show, ic title chamber was hot garbage.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
just got to the intercontinental title match and boy that white guy is getting into truth's theme, my man.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ryback :unsmithL

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Dean won?
Dean won the title? Holy Shat

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

About sums it up, yes.

• Locked thread