Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Finally made some space for a permanent setup and ordered the CSL Seat. Can't wait to finally try pCars and Dirt Rally with the wheel, so far I only did about two hours each with controller.

Next year I'll see if I can deal with prolonged sessions on Occulus or if I'm going tripple screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
There's a lot of things that P Cars does well, and some where its not so good. Such as some tracks giving you track cutting warnings when you're coming out of the pits when the drat thing is on autopilot, or on some tracks your car will roll backwards in the lead-up to the start and you get a penalty for that.

The AI needs to get a run-through again because it can be dumb as hell but also an awesome challenge. Having them get no speed penalty for cutting a track or going into the sandtrap is BS though.

It's definitely fits in between GSCE and Forza/Gran Turismo games no problem.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

peter gabriel posted:

P Cars is a good game, holy poo poo what is wrong with people

You're absolutely right

It is a game

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CactusWeasle posted:

You're absolutely right

It is a game

Indeed it is, a good one.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

peter gabriel posted:

Indeed it is, a good one.

He's saying it as a lame insult.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ohhhh yeah I get that now, ooops

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Those who refuse to play PCARS are a different, lower class of people.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
like seriously lol if you haven't tried every racing game on the market lmbo if you honestly have opinions like for real oh my god sim racing is just lmbo.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if pcars isn't your style maybe you should try this amazing sim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kKIGrIFuXY&t=27s

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ethanol posted:

if pcars isn't your style maybe you should try this amazing sim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kKIGrIFuXY&t=27s

physics look off.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

physics look off.

Too much traction.

Those ice skates should be sliding sideways when she turns her head.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Needs more tracks.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
ok i just tried out the superkarts on stock car extreme and HUIKJDSHAKJLHSDJKFHLSKFHJO yyyyyesssss amazinnnggg its very good im bad at explaining it but its a good driving kart where you can keep it held in line or just throw a little more throttle on to ruin your rear tires but god drat if you dont look good doing it!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

OhsH posted:

ok i just tried out the superkarts on stock car extreme and HUIKJDSHAKJLHSDJKFHLSKFHJO yyyyyesssss amazinnnggg its very good im bad at explaining it but its a good driving kart where you can keep it held in line or just throw a little more throttle on to ruin your rear tires but god drat if you dont look good doing it!

it's worse tho so keep playing pcars

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

ethanol posted:

it's worse tho so keep playing pcars

dont feel so threatened friend : )

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

OhsH posted:

dont feel so threatened friend : )

I won't rest until we have all 30/71 group members in a gosh dang race

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

OhsH posted:

like seriously lol if you haven't tried every racing game on the market lmbo if you honestly have opinions like for real oh my god sim racing is just lmbo.

I'd like to say that whatever warts PCars has, being able to right click on my steam friends list and hitting "join" on a contact is worth so loving much when you consider all the circles of hell that AC makes you walk through to get a race going, and iRacing private sessions are way too serious.

I think this past week I did like 5 races with the goon crew back to back, the hardest part was when it was my turn to pick the car.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Dirt Rally website appears to be finally fixed!

e: Put up a new season; starts Wednesday at midnight Eastern. There are two events of six stages, each open for a week.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 2, 2015

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Mystery 4gb patch to dirt, pubbies are claiming its Germany.

Also a pretty good tutorial on how to rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WlBntwsOdA

EDIT: YEEEEEEP, devs hosed up and uploaded it early :D still very WIP though.

EDITEDIT: streaming if anyone wants to watch. http://www.twitch.tv/keeket

Keket fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 3, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There is a giant all caps warning on the news page for Dirt Rally saying "DON'T DOWNLOAD THE LATEST PATCH" as it could corrupt your save file if you play with it. So if it's auto-downloaded don't play with it if you care about your save.

E: There's already a 1.6gb patch downloading for me to presumably fix poo poo.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Yeah, with any early access or beta game, I fully expect something to break horribly every so often, then get patched ASAP. That's an awfully big patch, though...

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
http://imgur.com/a/5qrDT

Car stats (definitely not final) if anyone wants to see.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Got my CSL Seat. The seat is solid but the assembly instructions are terrible :)

Anyway, finally tried Dirt and pCars with the wheel, both feel like limp dick. In the case of Dirt I already knew that FFB is very much work in progress, but what's up with pCars? Is it supposed to feel that light?

Edit: Fanatec CSR Standard

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think the FFB with pcars feels really good, but you have to keep in mind I only recently clawed my way out of the dark ages of steering wheels.. when I bought pcars I went from a 270 degree wheel to a CSR.

There are a ton of FFB settings you can adjust, and everyone says really small changes can have big results.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Yeah, I missed that whole FFB calibration menu :downs:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Asseto Corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox in 2016 :getin:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Assetto Corsa is launching on the Xbone and PS4 next year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdejU7orTuk

r/assettocorsa is very mad about this

bloops fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 3, 2015

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Well, it does seem like the last thing they should have been working on with multiplayer as broken as it is...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Depends on if the people who do the port are the same as people who work on multiplayer. Though I think they should really finish the PC version before thinking about a console version.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A crowd called 505 Games are doing or helping with the port so it's not like they are just leaving the PC version on the shelf in the meantime.

Tintifax
Aug 16, 2012

GhostDog posted:

Got my CSL Seat. The seat is solid but the assembly instructions are terrible :)

Anyway, finally tried Dirt and pCars with the wheel, both feel like limp dick. In the case of Dirt I already knew that FFB is very much work in progress, but what's up with pCars? Is it supposed to feel that light?

Edit: Fanatec CSR Standard

For PCars definitely try the Jack Spade FFB tweak files
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

julian assflange posted:

A crowd called 505 Games are doing or helping with the port so it's not like they are just leaving the PC version on the shelf in the meantime.

505 are pretty well known porters, though not what I would call well regarded.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Keket posted:

http://imgur.com/a/5qrDT

Car stats (definitely not final) if anyone wants to see.

Lancia 037. :swoon:

Also it looks like they're adding two more car classes for the new cars. I presume the Ibiza and 306 are just a "kitcar" class, but what's the name for the class that has the Manta and 037?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

julian assflange posted:

If AC released in its current state on consoles, it would be a disaster, so let's hope not

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Jehde posted:

Lancia 037. :swoon:

Also it looks like they're adding two more car classes for the new cars. I presume the Ibiza and 306 are just a "kitcar" class, but what's the name for the class that has the Manta and 037?
They're probably calling it Group B RWD.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Makes sense, since the current Group B is explicitly 4WD. Peculiar that they'd lump the Renault 5 in with the 80s cars instead of Group B RWD though. Obviously nothing is final though so we'll see I guess.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Not sure if you guys talked about it before but, the first pictures of the g29 leaked. They didn't do poo poo for over five years and then when I finally buy a wheel, they are decide to make a new one within six months. But then I saw the picture of it.

:barf:

It looks almost identical to the g27 for the most part, the motor part of it, the design at least, seems to be the same shape too. So probably just a mutated g27 with a ps4 controlled hammered into it.

And the shifter is going to be sold separately apparently, but the wheel will still almost cost the same it did when I got my g27.

Boar It fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 4, 2015

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Yeah... Unless they improve the motor a lot that's a downgrade. In the meantime I am going to slowly plan on replacing my 27's wheel with a nardi ripoff

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I'd dig on it if i had a ps4, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's cool and all but if the rumors are true of G27 support coming for the PS4 then I'm good. gently caress I got my wheel a month ago for like 180 bucks. That's a deal.

• Locked thread