Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

How much per-turn does Magic Ore give? I already have a Steeple Rose and am in no big hurry to run Lario Hunter, so I don't need another, but if Magic Ore is strong enough to reliably get me Narza's SBB every turn with a Rin leader...

EDIT: Oh, it says right there it's 4 BC/turn. :geno: Ehh, that won't make or break anything, I'll save my points.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:41 on May 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I stopped playing around the time Raids were in beta. Has the game changed entirely that a lot of the old good units are now mediocre? I've seen people with 7* starters. Should I start working on making them? or continue with BBing stuff like Lario and Elza?

E: I'd also like some advice on what maps I should be doing, and if I should try the raid stuff.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

How much per-turn does Magic Ore give? I already have a Steeple Rose and am in no big hurry to run Lario Hunter, so I don't need another, but if Magic Ore is strong enough to reliably get me Narza's SBB every turn with a Rin leader...

EDIT: Oh, it says right there it's 4 BC/turn. :geno: Ehh, that won't make or break anything, I'll save my points.

I find Magic ore + Dandelga as probably the most common set up for healer/damage mitigator but its worth saving your points for better items like Malice gems and Gelnite axes when they come around. There are better craftable BB fill gems for bosses that you can farm in raid.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dizz posted:

I stopped playing around the time Raids were in beta. Has the game changed entirely that a lot of the old good units are now mediocre? I've seen people with 7* starters. Should I start working on making them? or continue with BBing stuff like Lario and Elza?

E: I'd also like some advice on what maps I should be doing, and if I should try the raid stuff.

7* Selena is head and shoulders above the rest, though there's a niche for the 7* Atro and Magress, too. The other three are more "if you want to spare the points to get Legend Stones", since they're not that stellar and their spheres are put to better use elsewhere.

BBSpam teams are still good, though Lario doesn't see much use outside of Frontier Hunter any more due to his damage seriously lacking. There's a definite sense of power creep, but it's not severe enough yet (in Global, at least) that the good 6*s aren't still good. Zelnite and Elza are still great units, even if there are newer units that outclass them, and mitigators are still all but necessary for a lot of harder content.

As long as you have a mitigator of some sort, you can probably solo the first two Raid Classes, those plus the global-only raid stages should get you a fair number of gems and a couple of frogs if you'd like. Past that, the Heroes of Elgaia vortex stages are back if you missed those the first time (everyone tells me Lucana is really good for some of the GGC stuff so get her I suppose, if nothing else go ahead and play them for the gems) but past that, it's the same old - do the Quest Mode, grind dailies for evolution material, etc etc. The Palmyna and Sefia/Kikuri GGC stages are out now, and the Sefia/Kikuri stages in particular have some really nice spheres to give.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I love how Gumi makes changes that they don't bother to tell anyone about, simple things like you know the new feature where you can now tap and hold scrolling unit information panels to show the entire text instead of waiting for it to scroll slowly.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Poala Bear posted:

ehhhh, still kinda Gundam-ish. And Exvehl has always looked messy as hell to me.

For Global Achievement Store, Magic Ore and Steeple Rose are available for purchase; 10k and 5k points respectively. Time remaining on them is 1 day, which I believe means they're available for the next 48 hours.

Magic Ore is worth it if you need a nice BB regen sphere, but Steeple Roses you can get via FH and shouldn't need too many of.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.
that golden angel on melchios art reminds me of alyut.

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
I can't even tell what's going on in that Melchio picture. Does he have a lizard body or something now?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I feel like I might want to leave Ulkina at rank 9 on her BB just for the sake of auto-battling, since her SBB doesn't actually heal and I like being able to safely beat grinding content without looking.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Agent355 posted:

I feel like I might want to leave Ulkina at rank 9 on her BB just for the sake of auto-battling, since her SBB doesn't actually heal and I like being able to safely beat grinding content without looking.

You'll get more than enough healing from heart crystals, especially if you have a couple of 7* units or high hitcount units in your team.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Damegane posted:

You'll get more than enough healing from heart crystals, especially if you have a couple of 7* units or high hitcount units in your team.

It never hurts to have a 5*/6* healer or mitigator with BB9 for auto teams. Especially Atharva onwards, you can potentially wipe on some of the bossfights without some mitigation. I run 6* Darv and 5* Ulkina in my auto squad, both with BB9, never once lost an autobattle run.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

Fatigued posted:

I can't even tell what's going on in that Melchio picture. Does he have a lizard body or something now?

im guessing hes becoming like zurg since hes a disciple of the gods or aliens or w/e they are at this point.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

KataraniSword posted:

7* Selena is head and shoulders above the rest, though there's a niche for the 7* Atro and Magress, too. The other three are more "if you want to spare the points to get Legend Stones", since they're not that stellar and their spheres are put to better use elsewhere.

BBSpam teams are still good, though Lario doesn't see much use outside of Frontier Hunter any more due to his damage seriously lacking. There's a definite sense of power creep, but it's not severe enough yet (in Global, at least) that the good 6*s aren't still good. Zelnite and Elza are still great units, even if there are newer units that outclass them, and mitigators are still all but necessary for a lot of harder content.

As long as you have a mitigator of some sort, you can probably solo the first two Raid Classes, those plus the global-only raid stages should get you a fair number of gems and a couple of frogs if you'd like. Past that, the Heroes of Elgaia vortex stages are back if you missed those the first time (everyone tells me Lucana is really good for some of the GGC stuff so get her I suppose, if nothing else go ahead and play them for the gems) but past that, it's the same old - do the Quest Mode, grind dailies for evolution material, etc etc. The Palmyna and Sefia/Kikuri GGC stages are out now, and the Sefia/Kikuri stages in particular have some really nice spheres to give.

So would something like Maxwell, Narza Shera, Rowgen, Arus, and Ulkina do fine? or should I swap the bosskillers for more multi-hit units like Raydn, Ragshelm, SG-X? Maybe I should just list all the good stuff I have?

Also is there a place I can farm Selena?I can work on getting her up now whilst BB levelling my Fang + fei.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

nightwisher posted:

It never hurts to have a 5*/6* healer or mitigator with BB9 for auto teams. Especially Atharva onwards, you can potentially wipe on some of the bossfights without some mitigation. I run 6* Darv and 5* Ulkina in my auto squad, both with BB9, never once lost an autobattle run.

Menu > Settings > Enable Auto Brave Burst (checked) > Super Brave Burst Priority (OFF)

During auto battle, if you have a filled BC gauge for SBB, your unit will use its SBB. If not enough BC for SBB, but enough for BB, it will use BB. Great for mitigation units. This feature was just modified in the recent update.

Dizz posted:

Also is there a place I can farm Selena?I can work on getting her up now whilst BB levelling my Fang + fei.

You can potentially pull Selena, or any other starter from the Honor Summon Gate. Very very low chance. Otherwise, the only other place are their special vortex dungeons, which currently are not available.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nightwisher posted:

A solid team tends to one-shot pretty much every story map boss fight. Especially if you have a crit leader or two involved.

Dizz posted:

So would something like Maxwell, Narza Shera, Rowgen, Arus, and Ulkina do fine? or should I swap the bosskillers for more multi-hit units like Raydn, Ragshelm, SG-X? Maybe I should just list all the good stuff I have?

I've soloed RC 1-3 with dual maxwell leads but some of the maps where you have to chase down multiple bosses will get dicey on time and the optional 'kill 10 worms' ones will be more or less impossible if they've fixed the locations to actually be random.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
That final stage of Kikuri/Sefia was a bitch. Took me 3 times but I finally beat it with Kanon lead/Kira/Claire/Ardin/Shera/Feeva friend. I didn't realize at first you have to kill them both within 1 turn of each other or they respawn. Still had to use 3 revives. They also zap your leader skill for about 6 turns throughout the fight.

Pretty OP sphere.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 31, 2015

Damegane
May 7, 2013

nightwisher posted:

Mitigation, yes, because nothing else provides it. Dedicated healer, not so required when everything generates a little HC.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I'd love the option to set BB/SBB priority on a per-unit basis during battle. The changes to the options definitely help a lot, I wasn't aware of them til now but it'd be nice to have someone like Shida not use his BB for when you want your team to have the element buff up to clear faster, or for Feeva to use her BB for the Atk boost. While we're talking things that'll never happen, I pine for 3x autobattle for Global. 20 second imp runs would be dreamy.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Aww, it looks like they patched out the exploit that counted it for daily task purposes if you entered and retreated from a stage. :( That means I have to grind that 15 energy's worth of lovely first-area stages out, even though I have nothing to gain from the time I've gotta waste.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Aww, it looks like they patched out the exploit that counted it for daily task purposes if you entered and retreated from a stage. :( That means I have to grind that 15 energy's worth of lovely first-area stages out, even though I have nothing to gain from the time I've gotta waste.

BB Fodder! At least with Vortex you can do trial 001 easily and not waste energy.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Poala Bear posted:

BB Fodder! At least with Vortex you can do trial 001 easily and not waste energy.

Thank you for this. I never even thought about that.

I ran my first imp parade today. Was able to get Kira, Feeva and Claire finished. Still sitting on a boatload of imps and not sure who to start next. Is Kanon going to be pretty useful for a while? I know certain units like Oulu will be matching his def buff soon, but I feel like he will be my goto status nullifier for a while.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Trebek posted:

Thank you for this. I never even thought about that.

I ran my first imp parade today. Was able to get Kira, Feeva and Claire finished. Still sitting on a boatload of imps and not sure who to start next. Is Kanon going to be pretty useful for a while? I know certain units like Oulu will be matching his def buff soon, but I feel like he will be my goto status nullifier for a while.

He's used frequently in RC4/5 because of his overall excellent defensive support. His UBB cuts a huge amount of damage.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

What is going on? For some reason my last 10 arena battles, none of my units can reach bb by turn 2 anymore. It's always 2 or 3 bb from the mark.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There we go, one gem (which I got for free today) got me three full bars of stamina worth in the Imp Parade. Just barely managed to use it all up. Finished Kira, got a good start on Selena, and the Gods got me some more levels for new Six Hero 7*s.

fake edit: oh, forgot about the compensation imps, used them too now

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Annointed posted:

What is going on? For some reason my last 10 arena battles, none of my units can reach bb by turn 2 anymore. It's always 2 or 3 bb from the mark.

That's quite odd. Can you post some screenshots of before and after the battle?

Are the units starting with the usual half-full BB gauge?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

nightwisher posted:

That's quite odd. Can you post some screenshots of before and after the battle?

Are the units starting with the usual half-full BB gauge?

Yeah, so far it seems to have fixed itself. In other news I got Not Feeva, Cerulean Dragon Rubeus and Tazer. I don't get why dragons tend to change their names all the time. Are they self conscious or something?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

You could've had an arena match that disables spheres. For my team I go from 4-5 SBB to 3-5 BB.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

You could've had an arena match that disables spheres. For my team I go from 4-5 SBB to 3-5 BB.

I don't think so because I still had my muramasa attack buffs. Maybe it disabled my muramasas without telling me, cause the random rules aren't exactly popping up all the time. In fact I only get them triggered some of the time, otherwise I get no random rule.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

If you dumped all your metal and imp keys into Parades before today, I feel kind of bad for you.

Now we've got over a whole week of 30 energy MMPs and 8 energy Imp Parades. :getin:

(As a side note - what's the best party for Imp Parades? Should I just use my Metal Parade def-ignore team, or is there another setup that works better?)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jun 1, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

KataraniSword posted:

If you dumped all your metal and imp keys into Parades before today, I feel kind of bad for you.

Now we've got over a whole week of 30 energy MMPs and 8 energy Imp Parades. :getin:

(As a side note - what's the best party for Imp Parades? Should I just use my Metal Parade def-ignore team, or is there another setup that works better?)

Honestly I grinded imp parade straight through only using 1 gem. Meaning I never stopped running it the entire hour. Having half energy might have saved me a gem I guess.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

The pinnacle of Imp Parade speed clearing is a Breaker Mifune + BB gen leader/friend, it can clear in under a minute. Failing that, anything that guarentees DEF ignore is a solid choice. I use Dilma and Vanberk in a team with Feeva/Whatever leaders and I can clear Imp parade in about 1:30.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I've got my Breaker Mifune up if anybody has me. I'll probably leave it up for a good part of the day for anybody who wants some imp runs.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Are you guys saying use a smaller party than full? I haven't used my Imp key yet, but probably will tomorrow (1/2 energy exp vortex grind today). I could do 6* Breaker Mifune and 5* Breaker Mifune + 7* Kira + 7* Feeva, would that be decent? Should I ditch the Kira?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Gerdalti posted:

Are you guys saying use a smaller party than full? I haven't used my Imp key yet, but probably will tomorrow (1/2 energy exp vortex grind today). I could do 6* Breaker Mifune and 5* Breaker Mifune + 7* Kira + 7* Feeva, would that be decent? Should I ditch the Kira?

Kira's BB adds defense ignore to all allies for 2 turns. He's a good unit to have. I ran it with 2 dilmas and 2 kiras (one 7 star and one 5 star dupe). I used Ragshelm as lead for his defense ignore chance.

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
Second half of the new unit batch is out with a bonus random unit for every 5 summons. Did 5 pulls, got Regrard, Colt, and Tora as my bonus unit. Regrard's 7* form seems kinda underwhelming, happy about getting Colt though.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Lol why do I even keep pulling in this game. Tried 5 times.

Lebra (A), Nalmika (B), Carrol (A), Zellha (G), Raaga (A), bonus Orna (A)

I guess I'll take an anima Raaga. At least it's someone to work on.

Pilkington
Nov 5, 2005

You see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela
Keep in mind, this is not a rate up as far as I can tell. If you can be patient for a bit, they'll probably do another grouped rate up with the newer units. If you're new though, by all means summon because getting a free unit for every 5 is great.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Anyone else noticed that SBB priority in auto battle setting isn't sticking anymore? Every time I open the app I have to turn it back on (iOS and Android).

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Gerdalti posted:

Anyone else noticed that SBB priority in auto battle setting isn't sticking anymore? Every time I open the app I have to turn it back on (iOS and Android).

Yeah mine does that too. Also the auto collect treasure chests thing as well. Nothing like starting an autobattle, checking your phone 5 mins later and you're still stuck on stage 1 waiting for chests to be clicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Gerdalti posted:

A lot of my settings dont stick. Volume, various bb prefs, and autoloot break a lot.

• Locked thread