Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Last good bioware game was sonic chronicles dark brotherhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Philthy posted:

Witcher 3 is awesome because tits.

Also, everything is voiced. The next skyrim or fallout better not have a single line of unvoiced text or I will post angry things on the internet.

It will be, and all by the same guy as per usual.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

bloodychill posted:

It will be, and all by the same guy as per usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clsOhRWo1bw

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Last good bioware game was sonic chronicles dark brotherhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
This month's PS+ offerings, since I didn't see it posted anywhere. Ground Zeros is a pretty good game if I recall, honestly have no clue about the others offerings.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

dog nougat posted:

This month's PS+ offerings, since I didn't see it posted anywhere. Ground Zeros is a pretty good game if I recall, honestly have no clue about the others offerings.

Gunslinger is good, the rest are pretty worthless

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
What ever happened with Driveclub? I thought some version of it was supposed to be free or something, but instead it looks like a ps+ only purchase, not super limiting, but I'm sure there are at least several people who don't have + and want the game.

I do...I just refuse to pay $40 or whatever it is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The + version of DriveClub got postponed and probably quietly shitcanned after the online was such a horrible mess at release. My guess is that the full game is going to end up being a Plus title in six to twelve months so Sony can say they released it eventually.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

dog nougat posted:

What ever happened with Driveclub? I thought some version of it was supposed to be free or something, but instead it looks like a ps+ only purchase, not super limiting, but I'm sure there are at least several people who don't have + and want the game.

To put it simply - they hosed up. The whole thing was dependent on having a ton of leaderboards and dynamic challenges and all sorts of 'social' stuff and then it launched and none of that worked for like a month. There was supposed to be a PS+ Edition (a demo basically) but it got put on hold until they fixed their server stuff. It still hasn't been released but the latest patch coming real soon should be the final thing needed to get everything ready. 6 months after launch. After a years delay.

It's a real shame they messed up this bad because otherwise it's a really solid driving game.

In other news I just got to the first real area of Witcher 3 and hoooly poo poo this map.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Sprat Sandwich posted:

To put it simply - they hosed up. The whole thing was dependent on having a ton of leaderboards and dynamic challenges and all sorts of 'social' stuff and then it launched and none of that worked for like a month. There was supposed to be a PS+ Edition (a demo basically) but it got put on hold until they fixed their server stuff. It still hasn't been released but the latest patch coming real soon should be the final thing needed to get everything ready. 6 months after launch. After a years delay.

It's a real shame they messed up this bad because otherwise it's a really solid driving game.

In other news I just got to the first real area of Witcher 3 and hoooly poo poo this map.

Bummer. I want a solid racing game. Hopefully they'll have a ps+ version eventually. How's project cars? It's more of a sim than an arcadey racer right? I recall hearing that it doesn't run amazingly fps wise.

Yeah Velen is daunting. I immediately got my rear end handed to me by a cave full of monsters.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I finally completed DAI after putting it off because of the very last quest which I thought would take a while to complete. Holy poo poo was that ending/final fight the dumbest. For an RPG, I thought it would have a lot more elaborate resolution, but nope. And just like that, two of my party members were unavailable.

I don’t care about boss battles per se, but at least make it exciting and satisfying instead of one of the weirdest engagement in the game. There were much cooler bosses.

I think DAI is pretty decent all in all, and it’s easy for W3 to come along a year later and one-up it, and if they fix some really glaring problems with the game, it could make for a cool sequel. Unfortunately the story looks like it’ll be absolute garbage, so if they do a continuation of DAI storywise, I’ll probably sit it out.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The + version of DriveClub got postponed and probably quietly shitcanned after the online was such a horrible mess at release. My guess is that the full game is going to end up being a Plus title in six to twelve months so Sony can say they released it eventually.

It's probably going to be released this month, I'd bet around E3. People who managed to get the PS+ edition from one of the Asia servers had their versions updated recently with new splash screens, and the main client has been getting a lot of updates specifically for the PS+ Edition

VarXX fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 1, 2015

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Skulls Of The Shogun was cool on the 360, but ended up with no-one buying it, and thus no multiplayer. I must have played every single online match against the same five dudes, it got irritating. I'm looking forward to that the most out of all of the games, seeing as how it's free there'll be some kind of multiplayer community for a month, at least.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I just got a PS4, I have a PSN account already as I have a Vita. I can't remember the password though, and when I try to do a password recovery I get a "Bad Gateway" error from the Playstation website, or on the console itself it just sits there saying "Please Wait". :smith:

e: It's back up now, I knew moaning on the forums would magically fix it. :slick:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 1, 2015

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

dog nougat posted:

If you can find it instock it's $20 at Gamestop

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ufarn posted:

And just like that, two of my party members were unavailable.

two? I only had one, what happened in yours?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

DAI plays like poo poo compared to w3 (even despite w3 being janky as gently caress it still blows it out of the water in all aspects). the next bioware game is going to have to be something mighty special for me to care about it at all.

Yeah but Mass Effect is a shooter so obviously it won't play anything like DAI.

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte
I think I might bite the bullet and buy Witcher 3. I don't even like RPGs, but holy poo poo it looks like the game is a lot of fun to play.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

two? I only had one, what happened in yours?
This is a possible outcome:

If Cassandra becomes the new Divine you can choose not accept her back into your party or she may leave outright (depending on your relationship, iirc)

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

kajeto posted:

I think I might bite the bullet and buy Witcher 3. I don't even like RPGs, but holy poo poo it looks like the game is a lot of fun to play.

It's pretty solid. There's TONS of content. TONS of it. And all of it is top quality. Every little quest, from the main storyline, all the way down to random "You find a notice on a board from someone asking you to kill a monster outside of town" stuff all has tons of care put into it.

The monster hunting quests, you don't just go to a place and kill the monster and get the money. You investigate. You find the person who put up the notice, you ask them about what happened, if they saw the monster, when it happened. Then you negotiate for your price, trying to find the sweet spot where they're willing to offer a few more coins. After that, you find the place where the monster was spotted and look for clues as to its whereabouts and what kind of monster it is, so you can prepare the necessary oils, potions, bombs, and general tactics you'll need, before you finally go after the creature itself. Sometimes you kill it and bring its head back to town for your reward (you also keep the trophy, which gives you a boon for equipping it). Sometimes it gets deeper than that. Maybe the whole job was an ambush. Maybe the monster was actually innocent and it's up to you whether you follow your contract or let the beast go (and lose out on your pay and reputation). Maybe the monster just SAYS it was innocent, and you have to decide whether to let it go or kill it. And again, that's all just a quest you found on a random board in a village.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The Driveclub devs announced that they are replacing the servers in preparation of the PS+ version. All Challenge and Event History are being reset.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

The Driveclub devs announced that they are replacing the servers in preparation of the PS+ version. All Challenge and Event History are being reset.

My 5 million reputation points in time trials.... :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harlock posted:

If Cassandra becomes the new Divine you can choose not accept her back into your party or she may leave outright (depending on your relationship, iirc)

oh, that makes sense

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ufarn posted:

I think DAI is pretty decent all in all, and it’s easy for W3 to come along a year later and one-up it

Witcher was developed concurrently with dai and was delayed into 2015 for technical reasons Everything in the game was set before dai launched.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Harlock posted:

Yep.

Real hurthling! posted:

Witcher was developed concurrently with dai and was delayed into 2015 for technical reasons Everything in the game was set before dai launched.
Well, isn't everything, really.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Aw, new XCOM announced and its PC exclusive. I thought the console versions of the last one were pretty successful?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Leliana Divine is the correct Divine any ways.

Edit: I played the Jaws of Hakkon DLC for Dragon Age over the weekend. It was...alright. If you're looking for another 8-12 hours of Dragon Age Inquisition it's solid on that front, but it doesn't do anything new or interesting. I found myself skipping through 80% of the dialog like I did in the main game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

goferchan posted:

Aw, new XCOM announced and its PC exclusive. I thought the console versions of the last one were pretty successful?

It's probably on a limited budget and had to choose one platform to focus on. Also I'd be surprised if we didn't see console ports at some point.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It's probably on a limited budget and had to choose one platform to focus on. Also I'd be surprised if we didn't see console ports at some point.

Yeah, I mean, aren't the PS4 and Xbone very similar to PC, at least due to having the same architecture? I would imagine that the cost of console ports would be cheaper now than it was last-gen, and at the very least less than what they'd make in sales.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They may not want to have to fiddle with controls being console-and-PC compatible.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just a check-in... Gio Corsi tweeted that a patch for USF4 PS4 was submitted on the 28th. I have requested a refund from Sony which I guess is in process. (and can still technically be reviewed and denied.)

Has there been any movement /news/activity/updates elsewhere on patch/fix? Just curious...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ImpAtom posted:

They may not want to have to fiddle with controls being console-and-PC compatible.

Unless this one controls very differently than the previous game, they already had a system that worked pretty well. Definitely one of the best console versions of a typical PC genre game that I've played

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Feenix posted:

Just a check-in... Gio Corsi tweeted that a patch for USF4 PS4 was submitted on the 28th. I have requested a refund from Sony which I guess is in process. (and can still technically be reviewed and denied.)

Has there been any movement /news/activity/updates elsewhere on patch/fix? Just curious...

It should be out this week, hopefully tomorrow with the PSN update

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Since we are having some Witcher-chat, is anyone else getting a bit fed up with having to navigate a few menus every time you want to apply an oil or swap out potions / bombs? By only allowing 2 of each as quick-use I essentially bench 80% of my arsenal just because it's too tedious to swap things in and out. Is there some short cut or expanded quick-slot that I am missing?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Since we are having some Witcher-chat, is anyone else getting a bit fed up with having to navigate a few menus every time you want to apply an oil or swap out potions / bombs? By only allowing 2 of each as quick-use I essentially bench 80% of my arsenal just because it's too tedious to swap things in and out. Is there some short cut or expanded quick-slot that I am missing?

Seems weird to me honestly that a game mechanic that's used quite a bit is behind a few menus yeah.

Hoping they can fix it in a patch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Nah, the menu/inventory system is kind of universally agreed to be rear end.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

You can use the mouse pad to quickly go to your inventory or map. Long press to go to inventory, swipe up/down to access your map.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

goferchan posted:

It's not PC exclusive, I don't know why gaming sites are reporting it like that. The console versions are coming later.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I said come in! posted:

It's not PC exclusive, I don't know why gaming sites are reporting it like that. The console versions are coming later.

Which is pretty much to be expected. They developed on PC primarily last time around but prioritized the console ports because of worries about PC sales. Now that those worries have abated, eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

I said come in! posted:

Do you have a source for that? Everything everywhere is saying PC exclusive, and some sites even mention the devs taking about pc focused stuff like an emphasis on modding

Edit: From the IGN article "
And, later this week we’ll go in-depth with Solomon and DeAngelis on the reasons behind the bold move to take XCOM from a multiplatform series to a PC exclusive, and how XCOM 2 will be tailored to take advantage of that single platform’s strengths – followed by Firaxis’ exciting plans to support modders and their work"

• Locked thread