Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Remember that time dbrb played archeage and wouldn't shut up about being an eve spacelord and then got another archeage officer kicked out of goonfleet and goonrathi because he was mad at the other officer over fishing in a video game?

I do that was equal parts funny and pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
poo poo, he did it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Who did what now

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CashEnsign posted:

I am sending an expert to answer your question: Eonwe

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ullerm and fruitnyogurt are unironically good posters and I like them

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ixjuvin posted:

Me too. I've found a few lovely BPCs in amongst all my garbage from the last time I played, presumably from looting dudes. Industry is baffling as gently caress, and running some simple numbers these don't look profitable to build at all. What is the best way to dispose of them, since they can't be marketed?

most of the bpcs you find in exploration will be overbuilt and not profitable, but always check just in case

http://eve-industry.org is a good way to get an idea of if it's profitable to build a thing or not

e: if it's unprofitable, i find right click > trash it to be a good way to dispose of it

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 1, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll post more indepth making fun of him later I'm at work tho

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Traveller posted:

In non-goon things, I seek :ullerrm: knowledge.

Are e-war drones good for anything? I heard they were easy to shoot down.

Webbing drones: Nearly completely useless. They stacking penalize with each other, so in the case of mediums, you're not getting five -10% webs; you're getting a -10% web, a -8.7% web, a -5.7% web, a -2.8% web, etc... And on top of that, they're relatively slow (the mediums move at 2km/s) and may never actually get to apply those webs in the first place. I can count on one hand the number of ships that have a reason to use SW-600s, and most of them are oddball fits for bored bittervets who are soloing.

TP drones: Completely useless. Not only do they stacking penalize, but their base strength is even weaker than those of the webbing drones. The only situation I can imagine them being useful involves improving damage applicaiton versus Sansha ships, since those have tiny sig radiuses but also tend to move slowly to minimize transversal, so TPs are better than webs... and even then, a single Vigil with a single TP will give more bloom than five TP-900s.

TD drones: A couple of niche uses in tournament play. Nearly completely useless for average daily PvP.

Damping drones: A couple of niche uses in tournament play. Nearly completely useless for average daily PvP.

Neuting drones: Completely useless. Two heavy neuting drones have the same neuting power as a single small neut.

ECM drones: Very useful in solo / small gang PvP if used properly; not very useful in medium/large fleets.

Ixjuvin posted:

Me too. I've found a few lovely BPCs in amongst all my garbage from the last time I played, presumably from looting dudes. Industry is baffling as gently caress, and running some simple numbers these don't look profitable to build at all. What is the best way to dispose of them, since they can't be marketed?

In all likelihood, they're complete garbage. If they're genuinely unprofitable to build, then just right-click trash them. If they have some profit (even if it's tiny) then just find someone who does industry -- or some newbie in your corp/squad who wants to dabble in industry -- and give them away

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ilu ullerm

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Eonwe posted:

ilu ullerm

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum

:v: :blush:

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 1, 2015

Dominionix
Feb 27, 2007

Because you touch yourself at night...

ullerrm posted:

EG members got reimbursement for this event (even if it was out of their squad wallet)

Sixx Spades posted:

Are you loving kidding me.

Edit: Naw, I don't even feel bad about posting this anymore. Kick me from gfsc, but I'm not letting that slide. http://pastebin.com/479QyMhR

Mitsuo posted:

What the gently caress, who SRPs NPSI

I do, as a means of converting an old doctrine in to liquid cash my members can make use of. Every penny EG makes is returned to the squad in one form or another. For further clarity, this is a direct quote from our op post:

quote:

Domi Edit:

So I actually wrote a post for this and then managed to delete it and had to go out before I could make another, but it's OK because this one is better than mine anyway. What this event does however do is give me a brilliant way to convert your old and retired doctrines in to cash which you can actually use. As such:

All Nightmares, Tengus, and Logis will be reimbursed at 300m ISK per loss. I've not discussed this with EG Illum, I give no fucks, we are stupidly rich and I want to make you guys richer. Turn up, shoot a load of blues, lose an old ship, I will give you hundreds of millions of ISK in return.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ullerrm posted:

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum

:v: :blush:

:henget:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

vulvamancer posted:

Read the second rule on that post TheAdj made.

A 'Wing' is technically 51 people.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Xolve posted:

A 'Wing' is technically 51 people.

Nobody likes a pedant... except boat apparently

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mitsuo posted:

You

I like you too now

rohoku
Jul 9, 2014

I heard that continually bringing up something people are upset about is a great idea. Grasping at reasons to be angry at EG is retarded enough, but to perpetuate it with "we dindu nuffin" is Gen Eve-level retardation.

:cripes:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
is that right

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I miss Trzzbk. He was always the foil to DBRB and sometimes the only way to shut him up on mumble.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
kicking him from teamspeak was always the best way to shut him the gently caress up

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I never really got what the thing is with European Goonion. I applied to them when I joined Goonwaffe because I'm in Europe and it made sense to apply for the Euro guys but got rejected, so now I just fly with Topgoon and Reavers on occasion. Whats their deal? I never hear them discussed so I kinda assumed they operate sort of like Blackops.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

I never really got what the thing is with European Goonion. I applied to them when I joined Goonwaffe because I'm in Europe and it made sense to apply for the Euro guys but got rejected, so now I just fly with Topgoon and Reavers on occasion. Whats their deal? I never hear them discussed so I kinda assumed they operate sort of like Blackops.

They are a very insular and private group for both good and bad reasons, but unfortunately the good and the bad intertwine such that you can't fix the bad ones without ruining the good. Mainly, spies and content management.

They have a purpose, through Vee's legend and their administration's oversight they've grown into a very serious force to be used and to generate content. You basically can't get in without a vouch from a current member, which is fine (not all groups should be all things to all people - SEE: incursions). But this rubs some people wrong, and they throw tantrums about it.

Unfortunately sometimes some EG members treat EG like elite pvp and they come across as entitled fag heads and it permeates a stink across the rest of that group sometimes. But at the core they are a bunch of good dudes.

Basically if you want to join, try talking to one of the guys that runs it. They won't scare you off, but they might not let you in either.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Sixx Spades posted:

I know my FC got a hair up his rear end for a minute and lit some smartbombs when Papusa flew through our formation, but that was probably for comedic value.

Don't worry this was really funny.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Mitsuo posted:

Nobody likes it when someone hinges their entire argument on a numerical figure that just happens to be wrong, even if ever so slightly.

This whole poo poo about 'shooting blues the wrong way' reads worse than Tribute War-era Lady Scarlet morale posts. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Xolve posted:

Nobody likes it when someone hinges their entire argument on a numerical figure that just happens to be wrong, even if ever so slightly.

You're reaching. C'mon now.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

This whole poo poo about 'shooting blues the wrong way' reads worse than Tribute War-era Lady Scarlet morale posts. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

shut up idiot you're bad at whatever it is you're trying here

Dominionix
Feb 27, 2007

Because you touch yourself at night...

That was pretty good. :)

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

vyst posted:

They are a very insular and private group for both good and bad reasons, but unfortunately the good and the bad intertwine such that you can't fix the bad ones without ruining the good. Mainly, spies and content management.

They have a purpose, through Vee's legend and their administration's oversight they've grown into a very serious force to be used and to generate content. You basically can't get in without a vouch from a current member, which is fine (not all groups should be all things to all people - SEE: incursions). But this rubs some people wrong, and they throw tantrums about it.

Unfortunately sometimes some EG members treat EG like elite pvp and they come across as entitled fag heads and it permeates a stink across the rest of that group sometimes. But at the core they are a bunch of good dudes.

Basically if you want to join, try talking to one of the guys that runs it. They won't scare you off, but they might not let you in either.

Oh it's a vouch system, I really should socialize more within the game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There are a lot of words here unfortunately

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Xolve posted:

Better than not shooting blues, ever, no matter how much of a shitler they are. I still don't know how you guys managed to stay blue to Nulli for years without putting an occasional shiv in PGL's side.

Eonwe posted:

There are a lot of words here unfortunately

We understand that Imp zone has evolved a new form of language where one communicates solely by smilies. Our use of letters and punctuation may seem quaint and backwards, but it remains effective for us. Please respect our traditions. :shobon:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hardly post in imp zone at all actually

I follow my own shitposting star

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ullerrm posted:

I feel like your posting has progressively become more cynical the longer you've been in illum. Mine has lost punctuation the longer I've been on SA. See below.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

poo poo, he did it

cancer spreads, hth

Mitsuo posted:

no that's a pederast

Happy Dolphin
Apr 12, 2007

:shepface::shepface::shepface:
Next shoot blues event will be reimbursed by the alliance and picked from active fleet doctrines only. Primary kitchen sink and newbies first.

rohoku
Jul 9, 2014

Happy Dolphin posted:

Next shoot blues event will be reimbursed by the alliance and picked from active fleet doctrines only. Primary kitchen sink and newbies first.

:allears:

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
No more discussion of "who did something to offend some kind of sensibility at a Vile Rat memorial op". The idea that people who did not know VR are offering views on what he would or would not enjoy in a blueshoot thunderdome and what is appropriate or not under the circumstances of such an op sends me into an unthinking rage.

The absolute last thing that is wise in GSF is to try to talk about VR this or VR that if you didn't know the guy, or incorporate that into some kind of petty intra-squad drama which is, in reality, not between squads, but between individuals and then extrapolated unfairly to whole groups on both sides. Normal human psych bullshit and unavoidable there, 'one guy mouthing off' becomes 'mainfleet', etc.

I'm posting this 24 hours+ after the flareup so the red mist has cleared a bit from my eyes and I won't randomly execute motherfuckers. I'll glance at the bullshit drama in about four days and expect shoegazing and foot-shuffling from anyone dumb enough to have done the above. It should be obvious as gently caress to anyone with half a brain stem the danger of touching the ~third rail~ of bringing up VR in the context of bullshit like this in alliance run by a guy still mourning the murder of one of his best friends.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

goattrails posted:

There's a lot of guys playing both SC and EVE and he's still dbrb.

Tell me about this alternate dimension you're from.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Endie posted:

This time, the whole event was silly and I stayed out of it because this drama was utterly foreseeable.

Yeah, I'm done with shoot blue events in any sort of non-line member capacity. I think my suggestion of no logi would help a lot, otherwise you're bound by different people's arbitrary opinions of what is fun and their degree of myopia as to who should have that "fun".

I actually had a lot of fun killing the revenant. I'm the kind of loser who likes to play killboard bingo and I'm trying to kill one of every non limited ship in the game eventually. Got my first nestor and revenant this month.

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 1, 2015

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Eonwe posted:

I hardly post in imp zone at all actually

I follow my own shitposting star

Please be advised that the management requests that you think very carefully before shitposting in this public :10bux: forum. Or, on the other hand, :justpost:

As an average line member, I thought it was a fun event with the added bonus of Boat's character being in MOA for the loss, which had me giggling privately even today.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have no idea what's actually going on but if anyone used VR as a part of their argument for or against something you are hosed up

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

various cheeses posted:

Tell me about this alternate dimension you're from.

I've dogfighted a lot in SC. Its a game.
Not a MMO yet, but a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

I have no idea what's actually going on but if anyone used VR as a part of their argument for or against something you are hosed up

flanders and domi got in a dumb as hell slapfight and i tried to make them both chill but rip nope

• Locked thread