Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

What possible purpose could this serve? Are the refs really that sensitive to boos?

"Hey guys how can we guarantee even more commercial airtime and revenue in our stadiums?"

Texas games in 2017 will be nothing but a jumbotron running an infomercial while pink-hatted fans cheer for occasional first downs when they look up from their iphones once every few drives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

That Works posted:

"Hey guys how can we guarantee even more commercial airtime and revenue in our stadiums?"

Texas games in 2017 will be nothing but a jumbotron running an infomercial while pink-hatted fans cheer for occasional first downs when they look up from their iphones once every few drives.

You're assuming a lot by predicting Texas gets a first down in the next 3-4 years

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Raku posted:

You're assuming a lot by predicting Texas gets a first down in the next 3-4 years

I said occasional!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Urbz saying Braxton staying at OSU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

SEC will ban incoming transfers with a record of sexual assaults or domestic violence. (Just saw on Twitter, don't know details.)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

That Works posted:

"We are innovating the brand space with these innovative and bold marketing decisions" - Steve Patterson

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

SEC will ban incoming transfers with a record of sexual assaults or domestic violence. (Just saw on Twitter, don't know details.)

A+

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This is a good rule, but does this mean Auburn and Alabama have to change recruitment tactics?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

This is a good rule, but does this mean Auburn and Alabama have to change recruitment tactics?

No it just means they have to home grow their domestic violence.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What if they're transferring from one SEC school to another?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Raku posted:

Also that anyone gets cell service in a football stadium.

I'm just going off my experience at Michigan Stadium. Might as well turn the thing off and save your battery for the drive home.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Raku posted:

Or that Texas fans will even go to those games.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Does that mean LSU could still admit Jeremy hill he just wouldn't be allowed to transfer once he got there?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Virginia's QB Greyson Lambert transferring out, taking a visit to UGA. To me, that means one of a couple of things. A) UGA just wants another backup B) Ramsey, Park, and Bouta aren't cutting it and because Lambert would have 2 years to play, that eases the road until Eason is done with a redshirt his first season C) If Park/Ramsey/Bouta don't feel like they are going to get a look at a starting a position, one or more might transfer and we want to hedge our bets.

From what I see, Lambert didn't light the world on fire, but could he have been better with better coaching or a better supporting cast?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Neodoomium posted:

Also that anyone gets cell service in a football stadium.

I'm just going off my experience at Michigan Stadium. Might as well turn the thing off and save your battery for the drive home.

Same at Kyle Field although they're apparently experimenting with these micro cell towers that only cover a couple dozen square feet. I think it might actually be legitimate too since one of the major factors pushing it is that the normal cell towers get overloaded so no one can call in emergency service if they live near the stadium.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Virginia's QB Greyson Lambert transferring out, taking a visit to UGA. To me, that means one of a couple of things. A) UGA just wants another backup B) Ramsey, Park, and Bouta aren't cutting it and because Lambert would have 2 years to play, that eases the road until Eason is done with a redshirt his first season C) If Park/Ramsey/Bouta don't feel like they are going to get a look at a starting a position, one or more might transfer and we want to hedge our bets.

From what I see, Lambert didn't light the world on fire, but could he have been better with better coaching or a better supporting cast?

Kind of impossible to tell cause LOLUVA. He certainly has the arm talent, but his pocket presence never looked great to me, and he has never had a particularly great YPA or YPC so whether that's coaching or his decision making is a bit hard to tell. The fact that he couldn't beat out for the starting job a group of basically nobodies in comparison to his potential coming out of HS again raises some flags, but it's hard to say if that's his fault or the coaching staff doing a poo poo job with him.

That said, it's not like UVA has had nothing at WR/TE/RB in the past few years, that whole team is just a mess.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

TFF meetup

http://www.legendarycoachescruise.com/

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Who wouldn't want to be trapped on a boat for four days with this guy?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Legendary coach Houston Nutt

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

Houston Nutt sounds like the name of a legendary Texas-based pimp.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

I like to listen to him on the radio. That's something...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, somebody start playing football already. I'm dying here.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Spurrier has suddenly started using his Twitter. This was accompanied with simply "Preakness":

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Our national nightmare is over.

ESPN has removed both Lou Holtz AND Mark May from College Football Final and will now be going with Adnan Virk, Danny Kanell and Joey Galloway.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Quest For Glory II posted:

ESPN has removed both Lou Holtz AND Mark May from College Football Final

Good riddance to Mark May and

well, can't win 'em all.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

RumbleFish posted:

Spurrier has suddenly started using his Twitter. This was accompanied with simply "Preakness":

This news delights me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Quest For Glory II posted:

ESPN has removed both Lou Holtz AND Mark May from College Football Final and will now be going with Adnan Virk, Danny Kanell and Joey Galloway.

Anyone is an improvement over Mark May. Thank you ESPN for having mercy on us all.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

PostNouveau posted:

Ugh, somebody start playing football already. I'm dying here.

I am starting to get itchy.

I am hoping for 8-9 wins and a decent bowl game.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Crotch Bat posted:

Good riddance to Mark May and

well, can't win 'em all.

As much as an idiot Kanell can be, he's nowhere near the depths of horrible that May was able to sink.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kanell and Galloway are both really bad but it's better than Mark May and that is an ungodly pointless show in this day and age anyway so whatever

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Lou Holtz actually owned. Mark May was atrocious in every regard.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

Lou Holtz actually owned.

The gently caress is wrong with you?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He did magic tricks!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

RumbleFish posted:

Lou Holtz actually owned. Mark May was atrocious in every regard.

So can I put you down for one vote for Dr. Lou's senate campaign?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Morby posted:

So can I put you down for one vote for Dr. Lou's senate campaign?

I don't know that I ever understood more than four or five words in a given Dr. Lou segment, but emphatically yes.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

He did magic tricks!

Making the English language disappear and reappear jumbled is not a magic trick

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
UAB football is coming back.

Announcement at 4 pm today, according to Birmingham's Fox affiliate.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
dragons, bitch

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

UAB football is coming back.

Announcement at 4 pm today, according to Birmingham's Fox affiliate.

Don't you lie to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

This has the potential to be the magnum trollpus of Dr. Ray L. Watts

• Locked thread