Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

gehrman's music is great last boss music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the game series known for massive and crazy bosses currently culminates in fighting an old dude in a flower field and it owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite final boss in the series is still King Allant

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the game series known for massive and crazy bosses currently culminates in fighting an old dude in a flower field and it owns

hes imposing and scary as gently caress though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

like, 90% dead fetal allant who wallows in the mud in front of you until you end him

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
top feels for me was killing mother brain in the pitch-dark room, especially how her eyes follow you as you move...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

top feels for me was killing mother brain in the pitch-dark room, especially how her eyes follow you as you move...

i took the weak way out, and just pulled the lever on her. is there a fight afterwards?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i took the weak way out, and just pulled the lever on her. is there a fight afterwards?

you can take a cage into the abyss underneath the castle after you pull the lever and you will see her down there completely catatonic. it's pretty horrific

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

you can take a cage into the abyss underneath the castle after you pull the lever and you will see her down there completely catatonic. it's pretty horrific

was there ever any explanation as to what that thing was or was it just a crazy hosed up thing for the sake of being a crazy hosed up thing like 99% of stuff in the nightmares

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

was there ever any explanation as to what that thing was or was it just a crazy hosed up thing for the sake of being a crazy hosed up thing like 99% of stuff in the nightmares

She is a cold and ill-tempered AI created by the Chozo, but turned against them when the Space Pirates and Ridley invaded Zebes.[1]

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
She's a Great One summoned and captured by brygenwerth scholars in the Nightmare Mensis and hung up on pullies and meat hooks in some weird Frenzy Lighthouse.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"How to Pick Up Fair Maidens" by Seath T. Scaleless

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there any cool easter egg poo poo that only triggers at 99 insight?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, you unlock the need to chug sedatives every 4 seconds if mother brain or one of her singing ladies notice you.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Yeah, you unlock the need to chug sedatives every 4 seconds if mother brain or one of her singing ladies notice you.

think of it this way: you're roleplaying an insane opium addict

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sector_corrector posted:

think of it this way: you're roleplaying an insane opium addict

my charles dickens character has finally come to life

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Ive played this every day for a month and 5 days

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
This game has ruined other games for me, anytime I try and play something else I play for a bit and realize it's not as good as Bloodborne then just start playing Bloodborne instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

This game has ruined other games for me, anytime I try and play something else I play for a bit and realize it's not as good as Bloodborne then just start playing Bloodborne instead.

Have you tried Splatoon?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to play the witcher after playing this is... grotesque

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Have you tried Splatoon?

I don't have a wiiu which sucks cause I hear it's real good. And yeah, Witcher 3 is good it's the first witcher game I've ever tried and its definitely got me hyped for what CDProject Red will do with Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases eventually but Bloodborne blows it away no question and it offends me on a personal level that witcher 3 was getting reviews as good as BB on release

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

U should just play good games from now on instead of normal ones ;-)

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm like Gehrmann trapped in the hunters dream, destined to play BB for eternity but without a waifu and with a hover-round instead of a wheelchair

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't have a wiiu which sucks cause I hear it's real good. And yeah, Witcher 3 is good it's the first witcher game I've ever tried and its definitely got me hyped for what CDProject Red will do with Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases eventually but Bloodborne blows it away no question and it offends me on a personal level that witcher 3 was getting reviews as good as BB on release

Is this your first souls game? Because playing demons woke me up fully, as a gamer, and now I only play Nintendo, souls and metal gear games, and am a much happier person.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
playing the first part of witcher 3, like the prospect of collecting a bunch of junk so i could craft other junk and having to dial through 45 minutes of dialog before i even hit something with a sword in its awful combat system, it was depressing and terrible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

playing the first part of witcher 3, like the prospect of collecting a bunch of junk so i could craft other junk and having to dial through 45 minutes of dialog before i even hit something with a sword in its awful combat system, it was depressing and terrible

Everybody loves games like that and its crazy. Like skyrim is the most popular game on the planet and its like...this isn't even a game. Come on

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Is this your first souls game? Because playing demons woke me up fully, as a gamer, and now I only play Nintendo, souls and metal gear games, and am a much happier person.

I've played all of them in order prior to this one, but it still continues to confound me how miyazaki manages to outdo himself every single time, like it's hard fathom how the game can be so good

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i like the witcher, though in combat i wish geralt was a little more fluid at times

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played all of them in order prior to this one, but it still continues to confound me how miyazaki manages to outdo himself every single time, like it's hard fathom how the game can be so good

he's Kojima level talented but he makes a game every year in a half instead of every half decade. it's insane

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

he's Kojima level talented but he makes a game every year in a half instead of every half decade. it's insane

hes insane, apparnetly dark souls 3 is gonna be announced with him at the helm but im not sure how that'll work since bloodborne just came out a couple months ago

Dec 26, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

i like the witcher, though in combat i wish geralt was a little more fluid at times

same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

hes insane, apparnetly dark souls 3 is gonna be announced with him at the helm but im not sure how that'll work since bloodborne just came out a couple months ago

I think before a game is released, the work is basically done from a directorial standpoint like 3 or 4 months before hand, and there's probably assets from dark souls 1/2 development leftover that he could start from, and then the game comes out late 2016. I could see it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

also this happened to me, except it was dark souls, and the only games ive beat over the past year or so are souls metal gear and like four different action games. and ace attorney

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i would be fine with souls games becoming some sort of call of duty type franchise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i would be fine with souls games becoming some sort of call of duty type franchise

yeah, but like, 3 years between releases because I like to play these games for hundreds of hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My most striking gaming memory is getting a PS3 just to play demons souls and spending I think 6 hours on the first level and never beating it because it was so foreign to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I dug my PS3 out of my closet just to play to demons souls again this past weekend and 1-1 is still my favorite souls area ever.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

ive never beat or even got very far in demons, i even have a chinese copy from before it got released in the west

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i sohuld do that now but my ps3 controllers are busted, i think ps4 controllers work on it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i sohuld do that now but my ps3 controllers are busted, i think ps4 controllers work on it though

Yeah i was using ds4. You just can't access the xmb once you start the game