Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Waka Flocka Flame announced his campaign for President on 4/20 and said that the first thing he'd do was to legalize weed. But now, only a little over a month later, he's already flip-flopping, or perhaps can't remember his earlier campaign pledges, because now legalizing it is the second thing he'll do.

quote:

If elected, what would your first act as president be?

The first thing I'd do as president is cut taxes in half. Then after the economy settled a bit, I'd legalize weed.

Were it not for the fact he's constitutionally ineligible, that platform might have won him the Republican nomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

i remember one of my english teachers (white woman) raving about this song and this phrase. every time she said the word "friend of the family" out loud she was looking at the one black kid in the room.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Welcome to 2016, Friendo. That's just like the announcement you post on facebook you're having a baby. This is like, you know, the Gender Reveal Party.

It would be a lot more fun if they revealed whether they were running via baked goods.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Shifty Pony posted:

It would be a lot more fun if they revealed whether they were running via baked goods.

There's still time for Granny Hillary to do this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Shifty Pony posted:

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Were it not for the fact he's constitutionally ineligible, that platform might have won him the Republican nomination.

#brickhouse so close yet so far

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

henne posted:

#brickhouse so close yet so far

I support his candidacy as long as he has his usually posse on stage for all his speeches shouting "BRRIIIIICK SQUAAAAD" intermittently through his talking points.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is that Nigel Farage?

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Josh Lyman posted:

Is that Nigel Farage?

Martin O'Malley

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The people's candidate has announced.

Not the Rock, but Willie Wilson, who you'll recognize if you followed the Chicago mayoral election. He's running as a "low tax Democrat." He has no chance and this may just be another chance for him to annoy Rahm Emanuel.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Martin O'Malley

Who?

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
He must be confused. He thinks he's Mike O'Malley and he's hosting GUTS right now.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
O'Malley might have a chance if he convinces the DNC to change the debate format to a pentathlon, I guess.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

neonnoodle posted:

He must be confused. He thinks he's Mike O'Malley and he's hosting GUTS right now.

:golfclap: FIRST TO 270 GETS A PIECE OF THE CRAG

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sir Tonk posted:

Man, did Paul bother to learn any of the rules of the Senate once he got there? It sounds like he's doing a better job of pissing everyone off than Cruz. Everything is a photo-op with him.

Paul is an annoyance, but he only shoots himself in the foot. Plus he mostly only ruffles the feathers of the super hawks.

Ted Cruz on the other hand knows negative amounts of knowledge of the rules, which allows Harry Reed and the Democrats to run wild in a parliamentary style fashion. Also Cruz doesn't just ruffle feathers, he actively pours oil on the feathers of every other Senator but his buddy Lee.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So what's the point of Graham entering the race? Is he the guy the moderates send in the primaries? What's his purpose?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I think he wants to be president, sadly.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah that. I mean if there were A PUPPETMASTER his purpose would be to make the still-very-establishment guy look LESS establishment but yeah there isn't.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
try voting for marco rubio to give your ballot a bit of a "latin" kick!

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

site posted:

So what's the point of Graham entering the race? Is he the guy the moderates send in the primaries? What's his purpose?

He wants to poo poo all over Rand Paul.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Nooner posted:

try voting for marco rubio to give your ballot a bit of a "latin" kick!

I forgot about that.. He is technically 'latin american,' although he is the whitest mexican guy I have ever seen

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

A3th3r posted:

I forgot about that.. He is technically 'latin american,' although he is the whitest mexican guy I have ever seen

He's of Cuban heritage, not Mexican.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

richardfun posted:

I hope there's a debate where those two are sitting with Santorum between them.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

neonnoodle posted:

Is there any clear contender for the dem running mate thus far?

I'm still hoping for Joe Biden, just because I like the idea of him being Vice President for life. But with his son dying, I think he's probably done with national politics when Obama's term ends. :smith:

John Hickenlooper would be a good choice. Well-liked governor from a swing-ish state. However, Clinton-Hickenlooper would look silly on a poster, so his name might be the biggest stumbling block. That and he's big into gun control and is divorced.

Martin O'Malley's definitely at least angling for a Cabinet position if not VP.

I guess Jim Webb's plausible. ugh.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is an actual interview transcript from the Des Moines Register.

quote:

You’re getting better numbers in some polls than several candida—

I’m the most successful person ever to run for the presidency, by far. Nobody’s ever been more successful than me. I’m the most successful person ever to run. Ross Perot isn’t successful like me. Romney — I have a Gucci store that’s worth more than Romney.

Specifically, what would you do to address the Islamic State (ISIS) in Iraq and Syria?

I have an absolute way of defeating ISIS, and it would be decisive and quick and it would be very beautiful. Very surgical.

Military on the ground? Drone strikes?

If I tell you right now, everyone else is going to say: “Wow, what a great idea.” You’re going to have 10 candidates going to use it and they’re going to forget where it came from. Which is me.

Do you have advisers on issues like this?

With very successful people, we sort of have our own ideas. A lot of people hire consultants. Well, if the consultant's so smart, why aren’t they rich?

June 16th can't come fast enough.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

richardfun posted:

Yeah, Graham's reason for running are pretty much

1. poo poo all over Rand Paul
2. poo poo all over Rand Paul
3. Enjoy the game
4. poo poo all over Ted Cruz
5. poo poo all over Rand Paul
46. Be President of the United States of America

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

A3th3r posted:

Disreputable Dog is gonna quote this post to make a tortured point about liberals being racist. He's Cuban you monster!

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Cave Johnson for president.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I want to believe. He's let us down so many times, but I want to believe.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cephalocidal posted:

Cave Johnson for president.

Hey Cave Johnson was at one point successful :colbert:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Aliquid posted:

I want to believe. He's let us down so many times, but I want to believe.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
God I would love to know how Reince Prebius is reacting to Trump entering the race. His liver is the real victim in all this.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Does Reince ban Trump from the debate if he qualifies? If so, would that provoke a spite-filled independent run?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Who are these flesh-and-blood human beings who would cast a sincere ballot for Trump? The best I can imagine is Democrats so loaded with schadenfreude they register or do whatever else you have to do simply to keep Trump in the race.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

site posted:

drat, I'm old. I remember everyone paying attention to Graham because he was one of the crazy ones. I still can't think of him as anything other than a bloodthirsty culture warrior.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Dolash posted:

Who are these flesh-and-blood human beings who would cast a sincere ballot for Trump? The best I can imagine is Democrats so loaded with schadenfreude they register or do whatever else you have to do simply to keep Trump in the race.

These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

A Neurotic Jew posted:

God I would love to know how Reince Prebius is reacting to Trump entering the race. His liver is the real victim in all this.

He's been preparing to say his name backwards should Trump actually announce. He's not going to have to escape to another dimension, but this is definitely the closest Trump has ever gone toward actually running.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Ceiling fan posted:

drat, I'm old. I remember everyone paying attention to Graham because he was one of the crazy ones. I still can't think of him as anything other than a bloodthirsty culture warrior.

I have no idea who he is or what he's about. I was just guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah, and in all that experience, he's apparently learned nothing whatsoever.

I think the popular consensus is a flashy name like Warren, but I can't imagine the Clinton team picking someone who isn't white, male and boring.

Evan Bayh, COME ON DOWN!

I'd be surprised if Castro isn't on Clinton's short list.

I'm not sure it tops Colbert ripping Bush a new rear end in a top hat at one of the dinners but I'd love to know what Trump's ragtop was thinking when Obama did this.

• Locked thread