Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Thunderbro posted:

Hey guys did you see that sick new drop? The one that added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014
first wildstar cancelled christmas, now its cancelling its own birthday lol

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Raged posted:

If you want a single player MMO play Kingdoms of Amalar: Reckoning. All the lovely trappings of a MMO there.

ftfy

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

panda clue posted:

first wildstar cancelled christmas, now its cancelling its own birthday lol

Wildstar goes Jehova's Witness

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Raged posted:

If you want a single player MMO play Skyrim. All the lovely trappings of a MMO there.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Elder Game.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3846wk/reddit_how_would_you_feel_about_an_elitist_jerks/

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Yes because this is what wildstar needs. More meta builds and people claiming to be professionals who are telling you exactly how to play the game or gtfo.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I thought elitist jerks had been ousted by icy veins.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Xavier434 posted:

Yes because this is what wildstar needs. More meta builds and people claiming to be professionals who are telling you exactly how to play the game or gtfo.

That's unfair to Elitist Jerks.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
The only thing Wildstar needs is a bullet to the back of the head.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Anoia posted:

I'm not sure the old-school WoW elitists that see Wildstar as the Holy Grail even know what Icy Veins is.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Franbunny? Thought that named sounded familiar, she was making GBS threads up chat every time I logged on way back in closed beta. I posted this lovely tidbit in imp zone a while back

quote:

Since this is a Final Fantasy forum, I thought well maybe I'd share a little unique story with everyone.

My IGN is FranBunnyFFXII, It' has been for quite some time. It's an IGN that came of some dire circumstances.

See I used to be a very well known player in an MMORPG, as well as a well known player in korean mmo scene. But with fame comes problems, and these problems were too harsh for me to deal with. I ended up getting stalked and harassed even to the point where the game masters of the game i was playing were willing to help with police reports.

So, with advice, I desided to pick out a new IGN, remove all instances of my past mmorpg presence, and start brand new, with a new IGN.
I thought about it throughly, i wanted something that ment something to me.

The first character that came to mind was Fran. She's my favorite FF character of all time. And I, being female, thought i should be cute about it, so... i was like hmmm cute... and fran has rabbit ears..

FranBunny!!!!

But i wanted to have something recognizable. well Fran is from FFXII, lets add that

Thus i came to the conclusion my new IGN would be FranBunnyFFXII.

As life goes on, i play more and more MMORPGs and just like my past before me I once again become famous in the korean MMORPG circut. Pulled multiple world firsts made some marks, and once again my fame amoung players was unexpected.

But this time, I had the history behind me without question. No one could contest my accomplisments.

Well during this time, I was living by myself and had no family and things like that, and being an MMO player on Ventrillo or TeamSpeak all the time, people of course called me by my IGN.

I got called "Franbunny" so much that I ended up losing recognition to my previous name, hearing it today still makes me double take because i'm not used to hearing that name.

The name my parents gave me I loathed, I HATED with a burning passion, and i was determined to change my name anyways.

My logic went like this... "Well im so used to being called franbunny, lets make a full name out of that."

Fran is a Viera, Ok so franbunny viera... I needed a middle name, and at the time i was reading Alice in Wonderland. (probably for like the 10th time, its my favorite book)

Well Fran is a Veena veira, white hair and ears, lets follow the white rabbit and see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Alice was to be the middle name.

Franbunny Alice Viera is now my actual name. I was named after Fran from FFXII

And no im not making this up.

http://216.86.148.111/showthread.php?threadid=3659030
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/152589-I-named-my-self-after-a-Final-Fantasy-character

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
We know bro.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lewtt posted:

Franbunny? Thought that named sounded familiar, she was making GBS threads up chat every time I logged on way back in closed beta. I posted this lovely tidbit in imp zone a while back

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/152589-I-named-my-self-after-a-Final-Fantasy-character

You should also find the post where she threatens suicide because someone reserved FranBunny in WS before she could.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Belzac posted:

We know bro.

my bad. haven't kept up with wildstar since it died, IE release. nor the adventures of franbunny alice viera

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
We've read and seen more about Franbunny Alice Viera than anyone ever should.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

We are burdened with terrible knowledge.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Xavier434 posted:

This is already the entire population of wildstar tho

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The movie Teeth would've been more scary if it were about Franbunny's mouth.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

The only thing Wildstar needs is a bullet to the back of the head.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Anoia posted:

Elitist Jerks started taking their own name seriously so everyone left. Seems oddly fitting for the Wildstar thread.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

lewtt posted:

And all she had to do to get it to stop was show pictures of her teeth. Kinda ironic.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
F2P has already saved Wildstar

http://imgur.com/6ooRJKb

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kuai posted:

Well his name is Timetravel, so clearly he went back to June 2014 which would be an increase in population :eng101:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

Well his name is Timetravel, so clearly he went back to June 2014 which would be an increase in population :eng101:

That's the same dev who posted the WINNER gif mocking the world first raid kill.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Anoia posted:

That's the same dev who posted the WINNER gif mocking the world first raid kill.
Oh so, he's actually posting from 2007.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Does this game still have class necessary skill talents drop randomly as loot

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Yeah, that's in still but they did add in the ability to get them through other means. I did notice that Trigger Fingers could be bought from your house plot vendor with their version of justice points.

I don't know if all AMPs are available like this. I just know that one in particular was notorious for being worth a small fortune and only gotten through random world drop.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
The F2P update will make all the AMPs available without needing the drop, and of course since this is Wildstar, many loud people oppose the change as creeping casualization.

Also, here's a thread where two very opinionated people argue about the definition of "fall" over the course of 24 hours

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 2, 2015

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

The Chairman posted:

The F2P update will make all the AMPs available without needing the drop, and of course since this is Wildstar, many loud people oppose the change as creeping casualization.

Also, here's a thread where two very opinionated people argue about the definition of "fall" over the course of 24 hours

Wow, that Timiniel guy is something else.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kuai posted:

Somebody post his winner gif to his response. Because they clearly nerfed wildstar by going f2p

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Holyshoot posted:

Somebody post his winner gif to his response. Because they clearly nerfed wildstar by going f2p

I don't know the first thing how to find the right post on reddit, but whoever does, here's the gif:

:allears:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
It's time to come clean Wildstar thread. I've been playing this for the past week because I was bored. I made a Chua spellslinger. I also had fun playing alone and got to around level 20ish. I didn't do any of the dungeons because I was afraid that I would be bad at dodging and interrupting.

But I'm stopping today because ARK comes out later this evening and I want to tame dinosaurs and poop.

Have fun and God bless.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
The gently caress is ARK

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
An ~Open World Survival Game~

So don't worry if you haven't heard of it, nobody else will a month from now.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
maybe you should keep playing wildstar

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

SarutosZero posted:

maybe you should keep playing wildstar

well at least its not a pixel zombie game so it has this going for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

An ~Open World Survival Game~

So don't worry if you haven't heard of it, nobody else will a month from now.

But he said he could tame dinosaurs. I want to tame dinosaurs :ohdear:

• Locked thread