Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

noirstronaut posted:

bruh i be fuckin it up with the inkstrike. "gently caress your entire base" - me, essentially

still don't see how the ink mines work though, i really do not get it
You drop them when running away and then chumps run over them and die

Roflfox posted:

My only regret is you can't save some of the amazing stuff you see in this game. A guy on our team was sitting at the high point in the middle of the Skate Park when someone launched an ink strike at him he did the most amazing squid dive off the top as the world was exploding around him. I was in awe.
This game really really ought to have a replay feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Goons are a lot better at this game than these other idiots. I swear I got a lot better in the last 90 minutes just via proxy.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Roflfox posted:

My only regret is you can't save some of the amazing stuff you see in this game. A guy on our team was sitting at the high point in the middle of the Skate Park when someone launched an ink strike at him he did the most amazing squid dive off the top as the world was exploding around him. I was in awe.

One of my primary buffs is swim speed up and I will always have that as an option because the number of times I've managed to dodge poo poo like that by hitting the ground and running is beyond count.

Bown posted:

Goons are a lot better at this game than these other idiots. I swear I got a lot better in the last 90 minutes just via proxy.
I was playing with 4 other goons and 3 Japanese guys and wins typically came down to who had the most non goons. Lemming & Prof Oak can vouch :black101:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

IronicDongz posted:

You drop them when running away and then chumps run over them and die

Oh, wait, is that how they work? I've been strategically placing them around corners and seeing no results at all.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That's how I mostly use them at least. They definitely aren't going to get kills that often but it's always satisfying when they do.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

noirstronaut posted:

Oh, wait, is that how they work? I've been strategically placing them around corners and seeing no results at all.

I placed one in the lower area of Saltspray Rig, right below the platform leading from the other team's spawn point. Watching someone jump down to paint the area and landing on top of the mine was good fun.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

noirstronaut posted:

Best place is to put them at the base of a ramp in your color that you think someone will be trying to go up soon (i.e. if they saw you go up it or something) since they'll stop right over the mine and be distracted by their ramp painting effort.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Do they have a time limit?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Blaster was fun on its own but the Custom Blaster you get later is perfect. It has the echolocator grenades and a bubbler special, which is the perfect kit for a seek-and-destroy weapon like that. I don't even care that I don't get points it's fun to lurk in the ink like a shark and pop squids in one shot.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah. they automatically blow up after a short period.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah. I don't know exactly how long, but I've seen mine/friendly ones explode with nobody around them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I could never remember what the name of that speaker special was, but I just now got the joke that it is 'killer wail'. :doh:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm glad this game doesn't have voice chat because it makes me want to be Toxic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Keiya posted:

The girl has 15 levels and 5 bosses with the charger, the boy 15 levels and 5 bosses with the roller, and the squid is 15 levels and 5 bosses, mostly with a time limit and permanent kraken mode, but a few have limited ink instead and those suck.

drat, this may be the first amiibo I buy. Nintendo!!!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

drat, this may be the first amiibo I buy. Nintendo!!!

Hope you're ready to spend another $60 for a few little toys.

The boy squid at least is going for retail price on Amazon.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i'm going to rob a kid for the 3 pack gently caress this poo poo

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even though I got stupidly lucky and obtained the Splatoon Amiibos, I really hope they make more of them or something because as people have said it kind of sucks how hard it is to get them.

Also, tangentially, can you "order" Amiibo gear you see people wearing or is that forbidden?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Even though I got stupidly lucky and obtained the Splatoon Amiibos, I really hope they make more of them or something because as people have said it kind of sucks how hard it is to get them.

Also, tangentially, can you "order" Amiibo gear you see people wearing or is that forbidden?

It's locked off.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Keiya posted:

The girl has 15 levels and 5 bosses with the charger, the boy 15 levels and 5 bosses with the roller, and the squid is 15 levels and 5 bosses, mostly with a time limit and permanent kraken mode, but a few have limited ink instead and those suck.

Fighting the bosses with the charger is hilarious. Since instead of trying to climb up them to shoot their weak point, you can just shoot them from the ground.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

It's locked off.

I managed to get the Amiibo 3 pack, and I really hope they change this. I don't need my school blazer to be content locked.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I unlocked a ton of cosmetic gear I want to use from my amiibos and beating the game and every single piece has "lose less special bar when you die" which normally I'd be fine with but I don't think I need three things with it.

I want to re-roll this poo poo but spike is not helping.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Nintendo please stop doing teams of 4 rollers when the other team has 0 rollers. Please :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Getting real loving tired of losing all these matches on skatepark cause of loving spawn campers.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Buhbuhj posted:

Nintendo please stop doing teams of 4 rollers when the other team has 0 rollers. Please :smith:

Try being the only gun on a team with three chargers. 18% to 73%. :smith:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is the Amiibo gear 3 stars?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Spacebump posted:

I'm level 12 and haven't yet seen 2 star clothes in the stores :shrug:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oxxidation posted:

It's locked off.

If they let you use Spyke to order Amiibo clothes, I'd be fine with waiting for pieces to appear in town. If you could use coins to buy Amiibo levels, I'd be alright with whatever price they asked. The fact that they're completely sealed off is gross. Nintendo put out a game that effectively has DLC you have to buy from scalpers.

Alteisen posted:

Getting real loving tired of losing all these matches on skatepark cause of loving spawn campers.

I've had that happen, too. I dunno what a good solution would be, though. I guess they could elevate spawns really high and make it so you can't paint the sides to climb it. Then you could at least paint the ground and squid-jump out into the level or something.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm level 12 and haven't yet seen 2 star clothes in the stores :shrug:

I must have been really lucky, after day 1 I've seen a ton of 3 star items in the stores.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I wonder if I could make actualy money renting out my 3 Splatoon amiibos.

I also wonder if I do how many times can I do it before someone just flat out takes them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Do not send your Amiibos to anyone, friends. Keep them safe.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Spacebump posted:

2 stars. Although I have a feeling that won't matter after Splatfest. Biggest problem is my crippling indecision between the adorable schoolgirl outfit and the actually good ski jacket. Recon is way more useful than I thought it was going to be.

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son

Spacebump posted:

I've only gotten the samurai stuff so far, but it's only 2 stars. Had damage up as a main on the shirt though I think.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

ChibiSoma posted:

If they let you use Spyke to order Amiibo clothes, I'd be fine with waiting for pieces to appear in town. If you could use coins to buy Amiibo levels, I'd be alright with whatever price they asked. The fact that they're completely sealed off is gross. Nintendo put out a game that effectively has DLC you have to buy from scalpers.

I've had that happen, too. I dunno what a good solution would be, though. I guess they could elevate spawns really high and make it so you can't paint the sides to climb it. Then you could at least paint the ground and squid-jump out into the level or something.

Is it wrong I just want the Amiibo content so I can get some new games to play while waiting for a match?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I just had my first honest to god winning streak. First time I've regularly had 1100+ scores, got the meter up to 7.5 before I cashed out. 8-9 splats per game with the roller and regularly at or near the top of my list.

I love it when bad(der than me) players join my games!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fix posted:

I just had my first honest to god winning streak. First time I've regularly had 1100+ scores, got the meter up to 7.5 before I cashed out. 8-9 splats per game with the roller and regularly at or near the top of my list.

I love it when bad(der than me) players join my games!

same except the aerospray.

i beat the story mode, now im level 13, i bought the charger with a scope on it, it feels better to use than the other chargers, but it still sucks.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

I just got this game and it is magic. I kinda suck at playing though - level 7 atm and currently trying out the .52 Gal. Might stick with the Splattershot though. But man, it's a blast trying to figure this game out, I haven't really ever played something quite like Splatoon before. I hope this sells a ton of copies, it's too good to be a flop.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So I guess this is the wrong page to mention my amiibo 3 pack just arrived with literally no hassle, ordered 3 days after launch, and for the original store price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Help Im Alive posted:

I think you can say "follow me!" or something similar with the d-pad but no one seems to use it

No one seems to listen when you use it either.

• Locked thread