Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I use "Booyah!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So far the most annoying combo I've had to deal with is three players all with the gold gun from single player and gear that gives them super fast recharge on their specials. Nothing like both teams not even meeting mid way in the map before three inkstrikes come down all around you. We couldn't even push there was a constant wall of inkstrikes practically every ten seconds

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
People, I just had the most epic win of my entire life.

My team was losing at the start, but we eventually got some of our own area back (I don't know why people don't stay in their respawn pond and just spam whatever they have; you can't die there) and we were looked pretty even when it was counting from 10, but I got an inkstrike and I summed a tornando or majestic paint onto an area entirely covered by paint at the last second. We ended up winning by 0.4% and I like to think it was 100% because of my maneuvers.

I started wooing around the house like Ric Flair. drat.

Anyway, 30 minutes until new gun, new map, and ranked.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

noirstronaut posted:

My team was losing at the start, but we eventually got some of our own area back (I don't know why people don't stay in their respawn pond and just spam whatever they have; you can't die there) and we were looked pretty even when it was counting from 10, but I got an inkstrike and I summed a tornando or majestic paint onto an area entirely covered by paint at the last second. We ended up winning by 0.4% and I like to think it was 100% because of my maneuvers.

My crowning moment was spending the last fifteen seconds uncontested on Saltspray's back area cleaning up a mess after concluding that no one else was going to come help defend the entrance or roll behind me. We won by less than 1%.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I see that the mods have, correctly, chosen to update the thread to my suggestion for Professional Squid Guild name, and just in time for ranked too.

It's time for some Major League Game Ink.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
My Mii nickname is FATHER and it just feels so good to win.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've been sent to Arowana Mall 10 times in a row. That map has given me splat shock.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Internet Kraken posted:

I've been sent to Arowana Mall 10 times in a row. That map has given me splat shock.

I think I had a streak of 6 or 7 on Skatepark last night.

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son

noirstronaut posted:

I've become a pro at launching an inkstrike with one to two seconds on the clock. Won by .1% one time, felt like a hero

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

noirstronaut posted:

My Mii nickname is FATHER and it just feels so good to win.

I have seen player name variations on Father, Dad, Papa, ぱぱ,パパ, and おとうさん.

I have yet to see any variation on "Mother"

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

noirstronaut posted:

Victory like that you've gotta throw down a pixelated squid hat and give it an elbow drop in the middle of the ring.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Outfit of the day!

I played a bunch of rounds tonight with people a million times better than me. I mean, I did what I could, but I must be living my life wrong because I was consistently in last place. If one of you wrote up a roller guide, that would be awesome.

Twelve minutes until ranked!

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Infinitum posted:

So I guess this is the wrong page to mention my amiibo 3 pack just arrived with literally no hassle, ordered 3 days after launch, and for the original store price?

today is 3 days after launch :confused:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Just finished the SP. The bosses felt like the best part, particularly the whole theme of the last boss and final push segment.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

That feeling when you're top scorer on a team of all rollers and are playing a charger

You know

When you lose? That feeling.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It begins...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
goons please add me so i can splat with goons: bedroompastrami is my wii name

my first entry to the spreadsheet was wrong and i can't edit it :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RANKED BATTLES ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

BREAKING NEWS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh god I got knocked out in my first ever ranked battle

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
w00t

won my first match on the new level with the zapper.

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 2, 2015

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Splat zone is cool I guess. Something different.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh god I got knocked out in my first ever ranked battle

well good news you cant get negative rank

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Stop bringing Rollers in en-masse you stupid pubbies, ten minutes and already you can tell they're worthless in Splat Zones :cripes:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Holy crap I've finally learned the awesomeness that is Aerospray

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It seems like no one on my first two teams know what the hell is to be done in ranked. In Splat Zone, you have to cover the majority of an area with your paint, then control that area as it counts down to 0. Whoever hits 0 first wins.

Also, if one of you has an inkstrike, have that person cover the area that people will be avoiding because, obvious, then strike the center of the area and have you team envelope out from within the eye of your tornado poo poo.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

So uh is there any reason to bring anything but air strikes because doesn't seem so

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I like splat zones if only because you get fuckloads of coins if you win.

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007
What makes the other team lose control of the Splat Zone?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The new mode is great.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

tidiox posted:

What makes the other team lose control of the Splat Zone?

The opposite team having more paint in the zone.

I'm getting kinda angry and how all three of my teams are playing this mode like the other one and we lose super quickly.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Take ink strikes to win I guess. Kinda sucks

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

The opposite team having more paint in the zone.

I'm getting kinda angry and how all three of my teams are playing this mode like the other one and we lose super quickly.

Matches go insanely quickly. At least right now with everyone learning the ropes. I had a match go in 100 seconds straight.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Aerospray still stupid good

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

First match got 100-0, we won without the other team controlling the point at all.

Pretty brutal that losing gives zero points at all.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Chance posted:

First match got 100-0, we won without the other team controlling the point at all.

Pretty brutal that losing gives zero points at all.

0 points 0 cash

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We have two rollers, one Aero (me) and one SPJr, but all three of them are trying to paint the most area beyond the zones. It was the worst when I'm literally killing people (went 5 - 0 one time) while my team is getting blasted by dudes moving towards me. They cover the entire area and I get off an inkstrike, but an inkstrike does nothing more than help us stop the clock and control the area for a lil bit. it's up to the team to control it for 100 seconds.

e: However, it is cool that I can just pretend I've never played ranked before since it doesn't go below 0/C-

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Yeah not a fan of the ranked mode at all. Run to point and die to inkstrikes.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Splatzones splat owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Saltspray is so much better of a Splatzone map than Urchin, it's ridiculous

• Locked thread