Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Fishious posted:

You're taking whatever you read out of context. Half the time you're probably face-pulling waiting till you are in overpower range before hitting it, that is certain to cause the boss to rubber band way more than DPS openers. Tomahawk after overpower makes zero sense, you're already in melee range and delaying your combo.

Cool, thanks! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
[18:25]A party member has withdrawn from the duty.
Finding new member.
[18:26]A party member has withdrawn from the duty.
Finding new member.
[18:27]A party member has withdrawn from the duty.
Finding new member.
[18:27]A party member has withdrawn from the duty.
Finding new member.
[18:28]A party member has withdrawn from the duty.
Finding new member.
[18:30]A party member has withdrawn from the duty.
Finding new member.
[18:30]A party member has withdrawn from the duty.
Finding new member.
[18:31]A party member has withdrawn from the duty.
Finding new member.

Monday WoD is frightening before you even get in the instance.

:stare:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Speaking of important things for warriors to know, is it possible to make a macro to add all of macho man randy savage's quotes to a pool for the macro to pull from randomly when I inner beast? This is important.

You could set up a series of macros and place them in a hidden hotbar on a job you don't use much where each one causes the next in sequence to be placed in the appropriate hotbar slot. Can't make it random though.

Bulk Slabhead
Oct 18, 2013
Meanwhile, in Mog HM

oh and he's a monk too

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

bizarro belzac spotted

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I kind of like the low fidelity aesthetic of those guides maybe if I lose all of will to live I can make some pbc/dgkk/not yet sprites.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So, what will the Ninja's Limit Break 3 be? Any ideas?

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
A bird flies in from offscreen and knocks the enemy into a pit.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
A thousand Interceptors

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun
Just a really big Raiton

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

isk posted:

A thousand Interceptors

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The one from XI where they just blow themselves up and die.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
The enemy runs away but not without the ninja switching out his sunblock for SPF 5. You're rewarded with a flash forward of about thirty years, and the target's skin is all splotchy and he cries, "Curse you, Warrior of Light!"

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i got haukke during my lldr today and i forgot the bloody parchment bossfight so i had already returned before my party yelled at me. anyway thats my story.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks everyone for the great replies RE: tanking, I really appreciate it!

The priority queue stuff explains a lot, as I've definitely had pulls (around corners even) where I intercept them in the door with an Overpower and/or Flash but they keep running to the healer before bouncing back to me. Speaking of Overpower and Flash, is there any good visual guide to their range? Overpower seems to have a deceptively large range but I'm also having trouble using it because it forces my character to face the target, meaning I often face in one direction to use Overpower only to have my character spin around and use it in a different direction.. Any way to turn that off? And since I'm still asking questions, do low level MRD/WAR just rely a lot on the healer doing all the heavy lifting? Every dungeon I've felt like I'm taking insane amounts of damage, with little way of mitigating it. I try to pop my cooldowns often but they don't really do that much, and on pulls like the aforementioned Haukke Manor optional room with the ranged mobs I nearly died like 3 times even with all my cooldowns after pulling them around the corner.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

So, what will the Ninja's Limit Break 3 be? Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpqr6yiSbeU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Your Computer posted:

The priority queue stuff explains a lot, as I've definitely had pulls (around corners even) where I intercept them in the door with an Overpower and/or Flash but they keep running to the healer before bouncing back to me. Speaking of Overpower and Flash, is there any good visual guide to their range? Overpower seems to have a deceptively large range but I'm also having trouble using it because it forces my character to face the target, meaning I often face in one direction to use Overpower only to have my character spin around and use it in a different direction.. Any way to turn that off?

your character is overpowering your target; the only thing that matters is your position relative to them. i don't think there is a way to change it to overpower just your 'front' due to the way targeting and abilities work.

Your Computer posted:

And since I'm still asking questions, do low level MRD/WAR just rely a lot on the healer doing all the heavy lifting? Every dungeon I've felt like I'm taking insane amounts of damage, with little way of mitigating it. I try to pop my cooldowns often but they don't really do that much, and on pulls like the aforementioned Haukke Manor optional room with the ranged mobs I nearly died like 3 times even with all my cooldowns after pulling them around the corner.

you will die if your healer is bad.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Periodiko posted:

A bird flies in from offscreen and knocks the enemy into a pit.

{Yes, please.}

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

SirPhoebos posted:

So is there a way to keep the Chocobo theme from playing every time I mount up (without muting the music)? It's a nice theme, but hearing it all the time gets old pretty fast.

Go into system settings and audio settings, there's a checkbox to disable music while mounted which is a poorly translated "disable mount-specific music"

What i really want is a way to turn off battle music. I love the background music and the dungeon music, but you almost never get the chance to actually hear it

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

seannykun posted:

Meanwhile, in Mog HM

oh and he's a monk too

The e makes all the difference.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Is anyone on Hyperion able to help out with T9? Feels like I've been in and out of clear parties that never seem to actually clear.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

:toot:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Jesus, about time.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Jesus, about time.

Not that it's up for sale yet, of course. Just ... allegedly coming "Early June". Previously they said "Sometime in May".

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
You guys are super impatient to get your pre-order in for a DIGITAL video game.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Belzac posted:

You guys are super impatient to get your pre-order in for a DIGITAL video game.

Gotta poopsock your way through that early access so everyone can freely bitch about having nothing to do in a month.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Jesus, about time.

It's a preorder dumbass, chill out.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mr. stefan posted:

Gotta poopsock your way through that early access so everyone can freely bitch about having nothing to do in a month.

Even this doesn't make any sense unless people are actually worried SE won't get the Valve version out on time lol

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
IM FURIOUS ABOUT HIS POSTING

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Boten Anna posted:

headcannon spoilers: I have no idea how to tank

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The most effective way to improve your tanking is knowing when you should, and should not, spin the horse.

The answer is always. Always spin the horse. Don't stop.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ugh, the quests up to Titan commit the cardinal gaming sin of pointing out how dumb a game element/trope is, then forcing you to go through with it anyway :cripes:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Wax on, wax off.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Ugh, the quests up to Titan commit the cardinal gaming sin of pointing out how dumb a game element/trope is, then forcing you to go through with it anyway :cripes:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LampshadeHanging

See you in three hours.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Nah, I think I'd rather pound nails into my dick than have to read about how someone's My NGExWarhammer 40K fanfic is as culturally important as War and Peace.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Sorry to interrupt nails in dicks and dog suplexing a tonberry;

No Lalafells Allowed is recruiting a few subs for HW content. We're looking for 1 tank sub, 2 dps subs and 1 or 2 healer subs. We're a fun bunch of idiots that are led by a bigger idiot (myself) and we somehow manage to kill things. Yes, you can still be an ugly potato person. We also do cool things like farm mounts, help each other through dungeons and relic steps, and occasionally even PVP (i think we did that like once, maybe, a while ago)

If interested contact me here, on ffgoons, ingame (Rafzakael Talket), or post in this thread: http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27504

Thanks!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Who runs the ffxiv goon board? I made an account there months ago (under this name), but I have no clue which email address I used and need to get the password reset

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what's the max number of characters you can have? is it 8 per whatever (8 on Hyperion, 8 on Excalibur) or is it 8 altogether?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what's the max number of characters you can have? is it 8 per whatever (8 on Hyperion, 8 on Excalibur) or is it 8 altogether?

Pretty sure it's 8 per server since I probably have something like 15 across servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

8 per server, 40 total on a full account. You can 1 per server, 8 total on a light account, if that's your thing.

• Locked thread