Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nate RFB posted:

Interesting, though I'm assuming there's no to mux them into a single .mkv container? What sort of format/naming convention do they have to use? I seem to remember DVD Decrypter trying to dump them into some generic ".sub" format which was largely useless unless you were literally authoring a new DVD.

What? Just use mkvmerge to mux the .idx/sub files into the mkv, it should Just Work. Maybe use something other than DVD Decrypter to get the subs, I remember that program being kind of a horrible fucker to use back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I only have one eyepatch waifu

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Euron-sempai where have you been old buddy ol pal? Aren't you pissed that HBO left your story out in favor of stevie wonder sand snake choreography?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I might as well use this time to finish the last few episodes of cowboy bebop.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah you should.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hi. I'm about to watch some anime.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Hi. I'm about to watch some anime.

Hi about to watch some anime, I'm Cake Attack

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Yeah you should.

Not sure why I stopped, I was hooked like a year ago and just stopped watching. :shrug:

Lol Ed is strapped to the plane. :3:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I appreciate that Big Boss lost the same eye that Hannibal did, if we are willing to continue eyepatch discussion.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

What are you going to watch, Cake Attack?

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Not sure why I stopped, I was hooked like a year ago and just stopped watching. :shrug:

Lol Ed is strapped to the plane. :3:

The last two episodes of Cowboy Bebop are some of my favourite episodes of anime.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

...for the first time? :stare:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, I binged most of it about a year ago but didn't finish. I also didn't really get into anime until recently so I have a ton of good stuff to work through.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You might wanna stay off the internet until you're done unless you've already been spoiled. You're in for a major treat in the last two episodes but it works a lot better if you don't know what's coming.

e: it's actually really odd for me to meet someone who's never seen CB in full, but I'm in the exact age group that grew up watching early Adult Swim anime, so my experience is probably a bit skewed.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 2, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

You might wanna stay off the internet until you're done unless you've already been spoiled. You're in for a major treat in the last two episodes but it works a lot better if you don't know what's coming.

Yeah please leave the Internet. I was very fortunate that I knew nothing about the ending when I watched it. It's so perfect in my opinion.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Oh, no I honestly never expected something like that to happen. Thanks for the heads up.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

e: it's actually really odd for me to meet someone who's never seen CB in full, but I'm in the exact age group that grew up watching early Adult Swim anime, so my experience is probably a bit skewed.

I never finished Cowboy Bebop, but I know how it ends. I'll finish it someday, I'm sure

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Namtab posted:

it is impossible for anything to be better than anime babes

Anime dudes

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I know how it ends because one day my dad was telling me about a cool show he saw the night before while he drove me to school.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So you have both the best avatar and the best dad. :allears:

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I'm not going to say Cowboy Bebop is bad, but it's definitely overrated.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Level Slide posted:

It's weird, because I sort of unironically liked it. It was really bad yeah, but I love how the main kids looked out for each other, and that it was adorable how Gao's little sister thought his dumb Solaire routine was the coolest poo poo ever. Did any of that fall to the wayside during the ABC Cup? That's around the point where I just sorta stopped watching.

It kept getting dumber and dumber and it had another recap episode like right after the tournament was over and had this weird subplot about how they kidnapped a guy and held him prisoner so they could use his deck and kidnapped another guy and mind controlled him but then a mom slapped him in the face to make him stop being mind controlled/wearing a dumb cyborg outfit and the other kidnapped guy went and fought main character and lost after lots and lots of reused stock animation of the kidnapped guy clenching his fists and the whole thing is really dumb and she's right there was not enough fuckin booze in the world for me to keep watching that damned thing.

I liked the part where through the power of friendship, a guy made up a new card, and then some people irl who play that game were trying to convince me the show is actually really good because they play the card game and know its rules so therefore the show must be good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

"overrated" is one of the most useless adjectives you can use

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just got to the Shinobu vs Chihaya match and it's amazing

i hope they become friends

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i just got to the Shinobu vs Chihaya match and it's amazing

i hope they become friends
i hope they kiss

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

I'm not going to say Cowboy Bebop is bad, but it's definitely overrated.

It definitely has some eh episodes, but the ending is perfect.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Looks like I only had 3 episodes left anyway. Watching part 1 now.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The last episode of Cowboy Bebop is excellent but it was like the third or fourth full episode I saw back when I was watching it for the first time. I was young enough that I had to wait for a day off from school the next day and hope it wasn't taken off of the schedule since the last time I got to watch.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

I appreciate that Big Boss lost the same eye that Hannibal did, if we are willing to continue eyepatch discussion.

And Date Masamune

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
But, strangely enough, not the same eye as Snake Plissken

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That's the one Solidus lost

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
And Raiden, fittingly enough

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I am watching Sengoku Basara season 2.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm going to keep posting in the ADTRW chat thread for so long that I'll be the only one left. I will be having multiple page discussions with myself about who the best girl from K-on is (it's Yui).

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
K-on S2E2 was good. I like how they get to the hardware store and everybody just completely spazzes out.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

littleorv posted:

I'm going to keep posting in the ADTRW chat thread for so long that I'll be the only one left. I will be having multiple page discussions with myself about who the best girl from K-on is (it's Yui).

i will post about the animes i'm watching and not watch the animes other people are talking about until these forums are closed

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

i will post about the animes i'm watching and not watch the animes other people are talking about until these forums are closed

On the last day, you will ask yourself who the best K-On is.

And you will say Mio.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I will continue to post as long as I feel like posting.

Before then I'll train someone in my style and have them adopt the Seafood mantle with my passing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

i hope they kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

chumbler posted:

On the last day, you will ask yourself who the best K-On is.

And you will say Mio.

The day I ask myself that is the day I walk into the sea.

• Locked thread