Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Scyantific posted:

gently caress yes. I will gladly drop some disposable income on increasing speed and carry capacity.

I'm a little curious about the cost on that. If it's only one point at a time it would have to be fairly inexpensive to encourage me to buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I'll likely pass as my main is already 60/50/60 and my nb/temp/sorc alts are already almost to 20 in speed.

Lando Kardashian
Jul 11, 2007

pissidential

any plans for a goon guild once the ps4 version launches?

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I'd join. You can friend me on PS4 - Mewpers.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm a little curious about the cost on that. If it's only one point at a time it would have to be fairly inexpensive to encourage me to buy.

Yeah I have like 200 crowns which is leftover from when I bought the game. I don't think I'm ever gonna buy more crowns, but it's annoying having a small number like that, so if riding lessons are cheap it'd be great.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Can I get an invite for the Daggerfall guild and crafting guild? user is @ChompingGrounds

I'll probably make a Pact guy soonish as well, don't know if I'm supposed to wait on that before requesting invite.

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

Nothing in this world can take the place of a power rack

Arctic Matthews posted:

any plans for a goon guild once the ps4 version launches?

I'm going to buy the game and will be following the thread to see if a guild comes together. PSN: Brownview

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Chomp8645 posted:

Can I get an invite for the Daggerfall guild and crafting guild? user is @ChompingGrounds

I'll probably make a Pact guy soonish as well, don't know if I'm supposed to wait on that before requesting invite.

Honestly, I'm going to post this not just for you but for everyone: if you want to interact with Goons, regardless of what faction you roll, you'll want to join Ebonheart Goons (the guild). Daggerfall Goons, the original goon guild, is mostly a ghost town. Since I returned I've seen maybe two or three short conversations in that guild chat, and we’re talking months. Virtually all Goon chat goes on in Ebonheart. AFAIC, you could probably get away with not joining Daggerfall Goons at all.

As it stands, going Daggerfall or Furry Nazi Elf, you'll be mostly missing out on playing with goons. Scyantific is forging teams for dungeon runs and such and those are not cross faction, and I always put out calls for goons to come join me when the AD decides to gently caress up Thornblade, but since you have five guilds you can easily just chill with us in guild chat and listen to us make fun of pubbies, bitch about furry nazi elves, get into shenanigans every now and then, and me occasionally sperg out about some lore.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok that's fine. Forget Daggerfall if it's dead, Ebonheart sounds good as I plan on making a lizard person soon anyway.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Note: we could use healers for group based stuff. Aoasha and myself are p much the only healers around in the guild and it gets kinda hard to find good healers when doing other stuff.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Don't forget to mention that in veteran levels you will go through the other 2 factions to level up. Cadwell's silver and gold sends you off to do the main story lines of the other 2 factions. So you are not missing out on content of the other factions by rolling on EP. DC, AD. And when you are doing those other factions look in your quest journal, the second tab Cadwell's Almanac shows Cadwell's silver and gold for each zone and what quest lines you must complete in order to finish each one.

On a side note: Has anyone else been experiencing large amounts of crashing and huge lag spikes that will lock up the game since this recent patch? I don't know if its just an issue I am experiencing once again or if anyone else has seen this same issue.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Am I making permanent decisions when allocating level up stats/skills/morphs or can they be reset? How inconvenient/expensive is it to do so?

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
You can reset stuff at the shrines in the capital city of your alliance (wayrest, elden root or mournhold) and it's not that expensive

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Definitely interested in a PS4 goon guild. Add me any of ye PS4 gunes.

PSNID: mgvsquared

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Is this ftp now? I think my odious imperial roman chomo, could do with revisiting, along with Lifts-Her-Tail.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

staberind posted:

Is this ftp now? I think my odious imperial roman chomo, could do with revisiting, along with Lifts-Her-Tail.

I was wondering what happened to that character.

If you've previously bought the game you can go back to it now without a fee.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

staberind posted:

It is B2P master race, none of that F2P cesspool of dragon poo poo.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Re-rolled an Ebonheart character to hopefully goon it up some day. Looking for a guild invite, please: @TheDK

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Are the Add-on recommendations in the OP still current? I need a little more feedback in Cryodil than "red thing means you probably hit something" and I want to make sure I'm not hoping on obsolete downloads.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

TheDK posted:

Re-rolled an Ebonheart character to hopefully goon it up some day. Looking for a guild invite, please: @TheDK

Just in case you did it, and in case anyone thinks, that you have to be Ebonheart to be a 'true goon', you don't have to. Most of us play the Lizard Pact (Best Pact), but we don't care if you're a Dagger or Nazi Elf Furry (sidenote: some of us may be a little salty about the current state of PvP), if you're a Goon you're welcome in Ebonheart Goons, and we'll help you out where we can. The only bad thing is that literally the only time you'll ever be able to see any goon who is in another faction is in Cyrodiil where you're trying to kill one another. For example, even though you're playing in Glenumbra as a VR1 EP player, everyone around you is also EP. Craglorn, Coldharbour, any strictly PvE area is strictly one-faction. That includes instanced dungeons like Banished Cells, Spindleclutch, and Fungal Grotto.

Hell, Scyantific and I, and a handful of others, defiantly rolled Ebonheart Pact at launch despite the fact that the 'official' goon faction was Daggerfall Covenant. If you want to play another faction for any reason, maybe you want to play one of their races and you're too cheap to buy the Adventurer's Pack from the Crown Store (which unlocks all races to all factions), maybe your RL friends play that faction, maybe you're just gently caress YOU SKY YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD and want to go against the grain because you're TOTALLY EDGY MAN, just have fun.

As said before, if it's a matter of 'I want to play that content and I'll miss out on it', all content is available to you. Once you complete your faction you play through the others, so fundamentally it's just a matter of what order you want to play them in (handy note: it's counterclockwise, so EP->DC->AD, DC->AD->EP, AD->EP->DC). I think literally the only quests you miss out on are the other two faction's versions of the quests immediately before the final area where the three stories converge.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

Just in case you did it, and in case anyone thinks, that you have to be Ebonheart to be a 'true goon', you don't have to.
I'm really not worried about quests but rather being able to run dungeons and group with goons. I'm still not 100% certain how it works but my understanding was that if I had a Daggerfall character, I would not be able to group with the other two factions. Is that not correct?

My new dude is a lizard now so I might just end up playing him anyway because he's cool so far but my Daggerfall Templar is my highest character at the moment, at a whopping level 20!

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

TheDK posted:

I did the same thing from having two VR DC characters, EP just feels much higher in population from zone chat & ease of getting dungeon groups, plus the goon population seems mostly EP.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I too joined the game with a friend on Daggerfall already, got to V5, then rerolled in despair because the social scene there is so dead. The weakest faction in Cyrodiil, fewer people in zones, and of course, minimal interactions with the bulk of goons.

If you ever want to play with goons and you're on PC US servers, you need to roll or reroll Pact.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I made a us pact Brother. "Blooaad Claat Babylon" one of the highest elves.
Peace.
Edit: I forgot how to get my hoss. mannnn.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Notice to all EP Goons:
PvP campaign is now Chillrend. It's more competitive, and a lot more balanced in terms of how the map is painted. Thornblade is just too much rubberbanding now, with AD obliterating the map any time EP makes any considerable gain. At this point I'd rather have some fun and kill some elves and orcs as opposed to just rolling through everything.

Of course, you don't have to home there, but make sure you guest there if you want some serious PvP action. I'll be rolling my sorc to Chillrend home because I've done all the shards and dolmens, and am only missing the town quest achievements.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

The issue Thornblade has, I think, is that all the serious tryhard PvP guilds apart from a few had long since left in search of good fights because Thornblade was red for long, leaving only PvErs. So the moment a semi competent AD guild took a few fun swipes to build up AP, they realized how easy it was to just roll over the map and they’ve made it their home.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I've been keeping an eye on Chillrend and at least it has a consistent home keep bonus for 5% bonus exp, and forts with access to Cheydinhal or whatever. Thornblade for the past week is just kind of overrun now. Chillrend is a much shorter campaign too (seven days compared to thirty) so rewards will be doled out quicker.

Tsarbomb
Oct 14, 2008

Take us out of the system, but not too quickly. The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
Thanks for the heads up. I thought something was weird with Thornblade but wasn't too sure as I wasn't playing too regularly lately.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm guessing the PvP imbalance shenanigans must be an endgame thing. In the non-veteran campaign it's been back and forth all over. As Covenant we started strong by capping a scroll, then got driven by both sides practically to our gates two days ago. (losing the scroll). Then yesterday we roared back out and slammed the areas around to Imperial City, crowned an emperor, and ended the night with four scrolls in our possession. Good action all around.

Loving Cryodil so far. I'll probably end up living in it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Fundamentally PvP is basically determined by what side has the more coordinated guild zergs. Nearly all zerg on zerg combat is decided by which side arrives more at once. So a zerg that trickles in will always be beaten by a zerg that arrives en masse.

That also indicates why a zerg nearly always beats a sieging force- one is spread out to use weapons and focused on the wall.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am old and bad at mashing buttons. I can't read chat and also play most of the time. I have only been playing a few days... On a Mac mini (which sucks). Completely lost in larger fights.

I rolled an Imperial Templar which I am stupidly leveling as Sword and Board, rather than AoE... By leveling I mean I am at level 12 or something. I have spent a lot of time dicking around with add ons and crafting. Trying to learn basic mechanics, since I never played any of the TES beyond some very initial release I got bored with before finishing. (Heresy, I know.)

Eventually I will want to group for some dungeons I am guessing and certainly PvP. I already took my Templar as a guest on the non-vet campaign, but was completely unclear about what the hell to do once I was there.

I have a lot of research and writing to do over the next months and am planning to play this to completely procrastinate and avoid the work I have to do. (Upside is I will probably get a PC for that work. The Mac Mini was an experiment from which I learned that I really dislike Macs.)

That means I should roll up an Ebon Lizard of some sort?

@naktl is my userid.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

Sogol posted:

I am old and bad at mashing buttons. I can't read chat and also play most of the time. I have only been playing a few days... On a Mac mini (which sucks). Completely lost in larger fights.

I rolled an Imperial Templar which I am stupidly leveling as Sword and Board, rather than AoE... By leveling I mean I am at level 12 or something. I have spent a lot of time dicking around with add ons and crafting. Trying to learn basic mechanics, since I never played any of the TES beyond some very initial release I got bored with before finishing. (Heresy, I know.)

Eventually I will want to group for some dungeons I am guessing and certainly PvP. I already took my Templar as a guest on the non-vet campaign, but was completely unclear about what the hell to do once I was there.

I have a lot of research and writing to do over the next months and am planning to play this to completely procrastinate and avoid the work I have to do. (Upside is I will probably get a PC for that work. The Mac Mini was an experiment from which I learned that I really dislike Macs.)

That means I should roll up an Ebon Lizard of some sort?

is my userid.

Are you George R. R. Martin?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Serious response is that it all depends. What faction are you? Imperials are odd in that regardless of if you have the Adventurers Pack which allows any race in any faction you can be in any faction. So if you started in Davon's Watch you are in the Pact.

Also, Lvl 12 is far from too early to switch weapons. There IS no time that you cannot switch weapons. Just throw some skills on your skill bar and they will level up with quests.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm guessing the PvP imbalance shenanigans must be an endgame thing. In the non-veteran campaign it's been back and forth all over. As Covenant we started strong by capping a scroll, then got driven by both sides practically to our gates two days ago. (losing the scroll). Then yesterday we roared back out and slammed the areas around to Imperial City, crowned an emperor, and ended the night with four scrolls in our possession. Good action all around.

Loving Cryodil so far. I'll probably end up living in it.
I think its because the non-vet campaign only has one choice. With vet, you have tones of choices and people naturally gravitate towards the one they are winning on which just creates boring imbalance.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
My current templar is Daggerfall, but things level fast really and my first one is often a kind of throw away as I bumble around the game.

I will probably mess about more with the sword and board to see if it can work, but maybe start a lizard AoE templar build or something.

As far as I can tell I am not George Argh Argh Martin. I am old though and things get confusing, so I might be.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A friend of mine saw me playing this game and asked if "Mage Knight" is a thing you can be in ESO. By this I'm pretty sure she means "a person in heavy armor who uses spells/physical combat in equal measure". I'm still a fresh faced scrub whose only experience is night blade and a bit of dragon knight so I wasn't sure.

Do sorcerers fit the bill? They can use class skills (spells) while having a melee weapon equipped right? I think the key here is being able to use both without having to go "ok I'm in physical mode so it's time for physical skills... ok now I'm in magic mode so it's time for spells" but rather being able to do either seemlessly.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Your sorta can, but sorta can't. All your physical damage and healing will be based off stamina and all your magic damage and healing will be based of magicka. Its best to focus on one pool, if you try and do both you will end sub par.
The best way to do such a build is to pick one stats for damage, and the other for support spells that don't need the scaling. Like my nightblade for example. All his damage spells use stamina, but he has stuff that uses magicka like going invis, teleporting, marking targets, etc.

That said, you can most definitely make a sorc tank that wears heavy armor and casts a bunch of spells, or uses magicka for defensive buffs and stam for damage and blocking. You could also do something like a light or mixed armor DK that uses sword and board and AOE nukes everything. I hear nightblade siphon tanks can be kinda cool too.

drat near any build will get you through 1-50, its really had to make something so bad it won't work. Once you get into VR and do dungeon runs, your build matters a little bit more, but you can still sally find something to fit your play style.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 4, 2015

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i've got a magicka-leaning dragonknight tank with sword and shield for blocking and a restoration staff on the other bar which also has things like obsidian shield, so i am speccing for more magicka than usual so i can cast plenty team heals and buffs as well as tanking. i've enchanted jewellery with reduce block and bash cost instead of putting attrib points into stamina. you ought to have enough stamina to be able to stand there and block hordes of mobs without running out

having magicka as a daragonknight tank also lets you use dragon blood more often as well so it's potentially a good way to go, but as noted above i'm damned if i know if it's a genuinely good build because i'm only level 41. really just pick the kind of play style you want and fiddle with your skill bars until it works, and you will be good for 99% of the game

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

My main is a DK magicka dps that uses sword and shield on both bars and wears almost all light armor, you basically use the shield and damage barriers to make up for the mitigation wearing actual armor would give you while spamming close range AoE DK class spells. Since the sword is basically for props I have magicka leech enchants on both so if I'm not actually being targeted i can just weave light attacks into at least get something out of it with a bit of magicka generation.

This can be adapted pretty easily to be very tough and hard to kill in PvP too. I'm not sure how well the other classes do with the same idea though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Zenimax just added those "riding lessons" that were data-mined to the Crown Store:

These three bundles were the only new additions for the moment.

• Locked thread