Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

please do not diminish and attack Taichi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I will continue to post as long as I feel like posting.

Before then I'll train someone in my style and have them adopt the Seafood mantle with my passing.

The secrets of the GorfZaplen Style will die with me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the best episode of cowboy bebop is cowboy andy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ6a5kjR3sc

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I am a fan of the theory that Space Dandy came about from a drunken night on the town during which Watanabe asked, "What if we just made a whole show about Cowboy Andy?"

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
You're telling me the best episode isn't Mushroom Samba?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

And Date Masamune

Hes cool.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Every episode of Cowboy Bebop is the best episode of Cowboy Bebop.

Except Boogie Woogie Feng Shui.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Which episode had the guy pulling a django and dragging a coffin around with a gun in it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also which was the one with the weird creepy round guy that kicked spike's rear end

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

FirstAidKite posted:

Which episode had the guy pulling a django and dragging a coffin around with a gun in it

Mushroom Samba.

FirstAidKite posted:

Also which was the one with the weird creepy round guy that kicked spike's rear end

I think Pierrot le Fou.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't know the other one off the top of my head (though I do remember the episode, just not the name) but this is Pierrot le Fou.

edit: beaten

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I don't think I've ever heard a Japanese VA worse at pronouncing English that the guy who plays Masamune Date in Sengoku Basara

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Allarion posted:

Mushroom Samba.

I think Pierrot le Fou.

Those were both good episodes

Video Kid: Cowboy Bebop at his computer

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It was weird and awesome seeing Spike getting his rear end handed to him by a creepy Penguin impersonator.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The funny thing about this chart is that it shows people care about Cross Ange.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Canon couples only.

Shippers get wrecked.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The only Cowboy Bebop episode I'm not too hot on is the one with the kid and the harmonica.

The blaxploitation episode is one of my favourites.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sympathy for the Devil is kinda eh on its own but is some great set-up for the vicious/spike thing and the ending

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

littleorv posted:

did dilbert as gently caress make this

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Sympathy for the Devil is kinda eh on its own but is some great set-up for the vicious/spike thing and the ending

Sympathy for the Devil would be good if it was compared to pretty much anything else but it's kinda meh for Bebop.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

littleorv posted:

a lot of people care about cross ange. just usually in a negative way

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Motto posted:

did dilbert as gently caress make this
Our good friend Dilbert is many things, but homophobic isn't one of them maybe.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Our good friend Dilbert is many things, but homophobic isn't one of them maybe.

I don't think that chart is homophobic personally but what do I know I'm a straight half-white male.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

We need another show about a group of cool people except instead of following the dynamic parts of their lives it's always their off-days and downtime.

Cowboy Bebop where every episode is either Mushroom Samba or Toys in the Attic.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I don't think I've ever seen Dilbert post anything about how terrible lesbians are.

e: yeah, that chart is homophobic, it's all about how lesbian subtext is gross and hosed up yet straight couples are "royal."

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen Dilbert post anything about how terrible lesbians are.

For the record lesbians are good.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

e: yeah, that chart is homophobic, it's all about how lesbian subtext is gross and hosed up yet straight couples are "royal."

Oh my bad. I read it more as a "quit forcing this poo poo that obviously isn't going to happen" then a "lesbians are gross" thing.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my ignorance.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

"gay stuff needs to stay in gay genre"/"gay interpretations aren't valid" is hosed up but casual rather than outright malicious

there's definitely a reactionary element to it that's valid (e.g. enthusiasm for gays bordering on or being fetishization), but that chart feels way more anti-gay than anti-fetishization

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 2, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I haven't seen any of those shows, but there is a difference between recognizing subtext and just inventing it whole cloth.

Plus, isn't the chick from Cross ange a princess? so her relationship would literally be royal?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"normal girls"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I couldn't even tell what the gently caress that chart was trying to say. Clearly this means I should spend more time hanging around people with bad taste in anime

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

I couldn't even tell what the gently caress that chart was trying to say. Clearly this means I should spend more time hanging around people with bad taste in anime

Hello

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Shippers of every stripe are occasionally prone to delusion.

That chart's main mistake is singling out yuri shippers as uniquely bad when others are equally guilty.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

it was made in response to Euphonium's pretty overt lesbianism which somehow is part of people forcing gay relationships against "canon"/decency/whatever

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm going to start shipping ADTRW posters.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

*Character A belittles Character B, murders their family and friends, effectively ruins their life, etc.*

"Oh man, they must be in love."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Apparently Guts/Griffith gets lots of doujins to this day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

:yikes: at Guts/Griffith post-Golden Age

• Locked thread