Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

WTFritter.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I think I'd kill a man for that breadcheese.

Anyhoo, more pickled and canned hot dogs!

https://ljolso63.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/easy-pickled-hot-dogs/

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

Atkins friendly

(would totally)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Too many losers in this thread posting "would" instead of "have."

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Stop posting good things

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
That's a grilled cheese sandwich where the bread is Doritos crumbed battered kitkats with Kraft cheese in the middle.

That's not what I'd call "good"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

That's a grilled cheese sandwich where the bread is Doritos crumbed battered kitkats with Kraft cheese in the middle.

gently caress you!

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Pomp posted:

gently caress you!

Don't get agitated, not with your cholesterol levels!

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

Yeah, I would call it fantastic

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Humboldt Squid posted:

WTFritter.jpg

Would.

I'd hate myself afterwards, though.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Pomp posted:

gently caress you!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

cobalt impurity posted:

This is just batter fried macaroni and cheese, isn't it? Have, and will again.

That appears to be mac and cheese baked inside a pretzel bread shell. If it were battered and fried the breading would probably be more puffy.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Screw you and your fried sandwich racism.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

ErIog posted:

Too many losers in this thread posting "would" instead of "have."

HAVE.

One pound of bacon, filled with mozzarella, beer-battered, deep-fried.

*Not leeching, my site.*

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

PhotoKirk posted:

HAVE.

*Not leeching, my site.*

Peak opposite reached

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

PhotoKirk posted:

HAVE.

*Not leeching, my site.*

Shame to have wasted it with a lovely bun

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

waste of crescent rolls, for shame.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Poor marshmallow disappeared.. that's the best part.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
S'mores are actually pretty crap, it's sitting around a campfire that's the fun part.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Crow Jane posted:

S'mores are actually pretty crap, it's sitting around a campfire that's the fun part.

Definitely less than the sum of their parts.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

waste of crescent rolls, for shame.

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. There's the element of trying to make rustic food into cuisine, but then there's also the laziness of not managing to capture even the basic elements of the original food that make it worth eating. The funny thing is that with more people using torches in the home to finish stuff off, making haute cuisine smores for dessert that way would actually be easier than what they've attempted to do here.

The entire loving point of a smore is to pry that sweet sweet maillard reaction out of what is otherwise a mostly tastless glob of sadness. The graham cracker and the chocolate are there to give it texture and a nice balance between hot/cold. It's loving great, and so loving easy.

This recipe manages to be harder, take longer, and be objectively worse. The key mistake was trying to pass them off as smores rather than Marshmallow Chocolate Puffs.

I am angry about desserts, and smores are loving great. Anybody who doesn't like a smore is probably a communist.

ErIog has a new favorite as of 01:11 on Jun 2, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

S'mores are actually pretty crap,

S'mores are delicious and fun to make because chocolate gets everywhere.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ErIog posted:

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. There's the element of trying to make rustic food into cuisine, but then there's also the laziness of not managing to capture even the basic elements of the original food that make it worth eating. The funny thing is that with more people using torches in the home to finish stuff off, making haute cuisine smores for dessert that way would actually be easier than what they've attempted to do here.

The entire loving point of a smore is to pry that sweet sweet maillard reaction out of what is otherwise a mostly tastless glob of sadness. The graham cracker and the chocolate are there to give it texture and a nice balance between hot/cold. It's loving great, and so loving easy.

This recipe manages to be harder, take longer, and be objectively worse. The key mistake was trying to pass them off as smores rather than Marshmallow Chocolate Puffs.

I am angry about desserts, and smores are loving great. Anybody who doesn't like a smore is probably a communist.

I actually had these once, when I was helping out as a volunteer at a school. They are just as awful as you imagine, and deserve to be here.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ErIog posted:

The key mistake was trying to pass them off as smores.

I think this woman just plays fast and loose with the culinary language

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

S'mores are delicious and fun to make because chocolate gets everywhere.

Also, the crispity, crunchity marshmallows. Or at least if you are doing it right.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pour pre-packaged cake mix onto canned peaches
???
Pretend you cooked something

Disgusting.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gridlocked posted:

???

Disgusting.

I can kind of understand people being too lazy to make their own cake mix, but especially if you're showing the recipe off, why not just buy some peaches? It's not like they're some rare delicacy you can only find in specialty markets. Even if they did though, that still sounds like it'd the blandest "peach cobbler" ever made.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I think this woman just plays fast and loose with the culinary language

Midwest as gently caress in here.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
The gently caress is a yellow cake

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Possibly Chicken posted:

Southern as gently caress in here.

C'mon, man, even we wouldn't do poo poo like that.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Humphrey Vasel posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowcake

alternatively, it's a word describing cake that is yellow, more commonly referred to as white cake. The opposite of chocolate cake.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Humphrey Vasel posted:

The reason we went into Iraq. The world would be a better place if that boxed "yellow cake" was also a figment of Bush's imagination.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Gridlocked posted:

???

Disgusting.

This "recipe" is something even Sandra Lee would call lazy.

Or pour into a glass of rum and garnish with a whole peach. Idk.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like these have been posted before but Sonic has to have the most hilariously lazy version of cheese fries/tots out there

they have shredded cheese available for other foods so i don't know what the gently caress

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Aesop Poprock posted:

I feel like these have been posted before but Sonic has to have the most hilariously lazy version of cheese fries/tots out there

they have shredded cheese available for other foods so i don't know what the gently caress

Do Kraft slices look this depressing on/in everything?
I feel like if you picked up a chip you'd take at least half the cheese with it like some neon orange congealed cape.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Murphy Brownback posted:

it's a word describing cake that is yellow, more commonly referred to as white cake. The opposite of chocolate cake.
What, just any pale-coloured cake? Or do you think there are only two varieties of cake, chocolate and not-chocolate?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

What, just any pale-coloured cake? Or do you think there are only two varieties of cake, chocolate and not-chocolate?

Those are typically the standard ones, yes. I am aware of the other varieties, but a very common question before birthdays etc is "white or chocolate"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Do Kraft slices look this depressing on/in everything?
I feel like if you picked up a chip you'd take at least half the cheese with it like some neon orange congealed cape.

You tell me:

• Locked thread