Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Anidav posted:

Soon we will have cars that run off bad posting and never have to worry about petrol prices ever again.

Speak for yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Only jks you're alright

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Do not read this.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I know it's old now, but if anyone didn't watch Burke's dissent speech to Bishop, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj21BAklKjY&feature=youtu.be

It blows my mind that this kind of crap can even occur.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yesssssss :getin:

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

open24hours posted:

Banning factory farming would probably be a good idea if we also banned the import of food produced in factory farms overseas, but that's not going to happen and there's an argument to made that it's easier to ensure animal welfare on Australian farms than it is on overseas ones.

No I would say it is better to ban both factory farming and the importation of factory farmed meat from overseas. Sure meat will be more expensive but it should be more expensive, people should be eating less meat not only for their health and the environment but for the welfare of the animals. It isn't sustainable anyway. I guess this is a fairly extreme view but we should really be moving in this direction sooner rather than later and I'd rather people eat meat once a week then move to once or twice a month than putting billions of animals through immense stress and pain just so someone can have $8.99 boneless skinless chicken breast for dinner 5 nights a week. You can argue it would hurt poorer families but food education is obviously something we need to encourage in the first place, a mainly vegetarian diet is easy, tasty and healthy.

It is a fairly big issue and an important change society needs to consider so while I know most Australians like the rest of western civilisation only care about their own instant gratification over the welfare of everything else on earth I guess I just expect the greens to be giving this a little more emphasis.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
As an Australian citizen I want that
freedom who I want to support and not, and have food free of any religion.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

And you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don't believe
We're on the eve
of destruction.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

tomkash posted:

No I would say it is better to ban both factory farming and the importation of factory farmed meat from overseas. Sure meat will be more expensive but it should be more expensive, people should be eating less meat not only for their health and the environment but for the welfare of the animals. It isn't sustainable anyway. I guess this is a fairly extreme view but we should really be moving in this direction sooner rather than later and I'd rather people eat meat once a week then move to once or twice a month than putting billions of animals through immense stress and pain just so someone can have $8.99 boneless skinless chicken breast for dinner 5 nights a week. You can argue it would hurt poorer families but food education is obviously something we need to encourage in the first place, a mainly vegetarian diet is easy, tasty and healthy.

It is a fairly big issue and an important change society needs to consider so while I know most Australians like the rest of western civilisation only care about their own instant gratification over the welfare of everything else on earth I guess I just expect the greens to be giving this a little more emphasis.

I don't really disagree with you, but even if the Greens were elected with a majority in both houses tomorrow they would have a hell of a time making it happen. Aside from the trade issues and sending most of the meat industry broke, people would vote them out at the first opportunity.

[EDIT: That was a reply to the whole of your post, to just address the factory farming thing, it's probably doable but I'm doubtful that it would lead to a net increase in animal welfare, I feel like we'd just be exporting the problem.]

open24hours fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 2, 2015

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Oh, for gently caress sake. Abbott really wont be happy till he's managed to annoy another country into a war with us will he?

Although losing a war with china might actually be worth it if it would just stop Abbott continually trying to make freedom an adjective.

Or just stop Abbott in general really.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

tomkash posted:

Sorry bro you can pry my Chicken drummies from my cold, dead (from bowel cancer) hands.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

MonoAus posted:

As an Australian citizen I want that
freedom who I want to support and not, and have food free of any religion.

Don't forget to tell all your friends and loved ones that it was you that took their Easter eggs away.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Anidav posted:

Soon we will have threads that run off bad posting and never have to worry about dissent ever again.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

kingcom posted:

Comic Sans.

ridiculous font snob detected, re-education authorised

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Why don't we add a tax on to meat products that scales with emissions and the proceeds can go to subsidise 0 km vegetable and legume farms

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

tomkash posted:

I really don't understand why so many greens don't even think the issues of animal welfare and over consumption of meat are worth talking about. Cattle farming is one of the biggest environmental disasters of all yet it's barely brought up in any greens circles.

You must know different Greens to me because mine won't shut up about it

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

vegetable and legume farms

Legumes are vegetables, unless you live in a terrifying world of pulsating blood-pods

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
"Aw yeah, chickpeas, you'll wanna harvest them at the systolic phase or they get all stringy"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Legumes are vegetables, unless you live in a terrifying world of pulsating blood-pods

Don't we all?

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
I woke up in a bathtub full of ice and my kidney beans were gone

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Oh jesus, and it's by Sheridan too.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Legumes was for emphasis rather than a distinct group. Legumes are hella good for you and for the environment

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

tomkash posted:

Oh yeah I know they've spoken out about live exports, I just mean about Australia's meat consumption in general and how we allow factory farming here. I follow a lot of the greens on Facebook and there is the occasional live export post or recently the greyhound racing posts. I've never seen anything said about meat consumption and factory farming, NZ banned animal testing for cosmetics and recognised in law that animals are sentient beings. Shouldn't we try to be applying that here? I don't think I've seen a single mention of it in Australia outside of animals australia but it was a massive step in the right direction. I understand meat consumption is the elephant in the room for environmentalists but banning animal testing and closing down factory farms are pretty popular. NZ also has essentially banned live export for years seemingly without any issues so I feel there should really be a stronger push here.

Obviously we have trouble with not locking up and torturing children in this country so it may be a big ask but it's still another incredibly hosed issue we allow here and it should have a bigger focus.

I've heard that factory farms have a smaller environmental impact, but yeah all the greens I know won't shut up about animal welfare

I personally couldn't give a gently caress, but that's not a discussion I feel like having tonight.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to
Hilarious that the Greens denounce Bernadi for wanting an inquiry into Halal certification while they they lobby to stop live exports, a policy to deny muslims food based on their faith.

Who's the islamophobic party again?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

Hilarious that the Greens denounce Bernadi for wanting an inquiry into Halal certification while they they lobby to stop live exports, a policy to deny muslims food based on their faith.

I feel like you want me to say the Greens. Is it the greens?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Move to full legume/pulse diet, society now powered by the huffing of own farts.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Lol. Vegetarians, islamophobes

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

*attacks u in the street cos u a tiny woman*

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Move to full legume/pulse diet, society now powered by the huffing of own farts.

I know, right? And these cocksucking faggots acting like they all high and mighty cos they never had the guts to date rape a bunch of teenagers. Grow some balls, you pathetic non archetype-conforming treehuggers

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

"Women have rights too" lol that poo poo ain't going to get u laid loser, women need a real man. Like me

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I feel like you want me to say the Greens. Is it the greens?

Well between that and other policies that subvert other tenets of the Muslim faith, I certainly wouldn't say they're a friend of the Islamic communities values.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I don't even know what set you off this time sulla but gently caress you make some funny posts when you're mad

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Don't legumes contain phytic acid which can inhibit iron, zinc and calcium absorbtion and lead to mineral deficiencies in people who mostly eat grains and legume or have very low amounts of meat in their diet?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

CrazyTolradi posted:

Don't legumes contain phytic acid which can inhibit iron, zinc and calcium absorbtion and lead to mineral deficiencies in people who mostly eat grains and legume or have very low amounts of meat in their diet?

A bunch of food contains stuff that is bad for you or not ideal, that's why we eat a bunch of different foods and don't just subsist on twinkies and the human refuse that slithers out between our gormless lips

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Dear something awful, i heard that apples actually expend more calories than they save. I sometimes get apple pies along with my triple double decker bacon bun at MacDonald's - am I going go starve to death??!

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Vegetables are the greatest threat to this country since woman got the vote and Aboriginals came here via boat

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Dear something awful, i heard that apples actually expend more calories than they save. I sometimes get apple pies along with my triple double decker bacon bun at MacDonald's - am I going go starve to death??!

You'll be fine. Maccas apple pies have choko in them not apple.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Well between that and other policies that subvert other tenets of the Muslim faith, I certainly wouldn't say they're a friend of the Islamic communities values.

IRL pic of IWC right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

You'll be fine. Maccas apple pies have choko in them not apple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_urban_legends#Choko_pie

Advertising them as Apple pies would not be legal if they didn't have apple in them.

• Locked thread