Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
It's been a long time since this morning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

New strip:siren:

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012
I hope you all are rationing out these new comics to help combat the inevitable 2 month silence that is coming.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

navyjack posted:

New strip:siren:

Inconceivable! :wotwot:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Braking Gnus posted:

I hope you all are rationing out these new comics to help combat the inevitable 2 month silence that is coming.

You mean his normal update schedule?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Braking Gnus posted:

NO STRIPS
RICHBAD

MANY STRIPS
RICH GOING TO BE BAD

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

You can't fight monsters in polka dots.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mmm, sartorial. There's a word you don't see often.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Yeah, that line got the biggest laugh of the strip out of me.

These characters are all getting quite a bit of screen time, hopefully that means they'll be with us awhile. (Or else Rich just wants to make it have more impact when Durkula butchers every last one...)

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I like the character who has dreamed of being a captain actually being kind of bad at the job.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

What, Bandana? She's doing fine, I think. Not sure what the engineer's mad about beyond that she's had to work on the ship all day (and soon all night) with a pack of gnomes while the captain gets to go ashore and have cool adventures with the passengers.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
In the last panel, do you think Bandana is talking about Felix or Scoundrél?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

She's talking about Felix. He's the pilot.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

cargohills posted:

She's talking about Felix. He's the pilot.

I... I was making a joke. :negative:

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Not a very good one.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Lord_Ventnor posted:

I... I was making a joke. :negative:

Try being funny next time.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Tough crowd.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Colonel Cool posted:

Tough crowd.

Just stick to posting goblin links and obtuse dnd rules.

Chrungka
Jan 27, 2015
:ducksiren: New strip :ducksiren:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Well, I guess now we know who really calls the shots around here. :allears:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

my dad posted:

Well, I guess now we know who really calls the shots around here. :allears:

I mean, he's handled greater responsibilities in the past, like running Azure City :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's kinda weird seeing the cat and the tiger in the same scene because the cat is a stick figure and the tiger isn't.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Roy you fool, you never state your plan if you want it to actually work. Now they are practically doomed.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cat Mattress posted:

It's kinda weird seeing the cat and the tiger in the same scene because the cat is a stick figure and the tiger isn't.

Mr. Scruffy isn't a stick figure anymore. He has limbs now, they used to be just black lines. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0267.html

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

e X posted:

Roy you fool, you never state your plan if you want it to actually work. Now they are practically doomed.

We saw him make the plan with Durkon, who is known to us to be lying his undead rear end off.

I don't know what Bardic Conventions make of that, though.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

e X posted:

Roy doesn't always seem to be aware of what's "on-camera" so to speak and what's not, and he does have to tell them at some point. I'm sure Elan would have done some exaggerated "Let me just whisper it to you off panel!" thing, though.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
So now Roy has explained this whole thing very clearly and I'm sure it will work perfectly, I mean surely there's no room for anything to go wrong in such a simple, efficient plan. I look forward to the final showdown with Xykon happening sometime this month. :)

"I take back 80% of the bad things I said about you in the last hour," is definitely a line I''ll have to use on a co-worker at some point.

And is that some kind of layering goof in panel 3 with Wrecan's shield? I'm not sure why he has it stapled to his chest.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Zoe posted:

And is that some kind of layering goof in panel 3 with Wrecan's shield? I'm not sure why he has it stapled to his chest.

That is his back, he just has his head rotated ~150°.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Where's Durkula?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Sir Kodiak posted:

That is his back, he just has his head rotated ~150°.

That's...really not any better.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Zoe posted:

That's...really not any better.

Well, sure.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I love that Mr Scruffy has become the most badass cat on the planet.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I know Roy made a comment on this before, but it's so weird anytime Belkar actually refers to himself as a ranger or does ranger-y things. I'm pretty sure it's something that's only started up recently. (Well, 'recently' in terms of the comic timeline, probably a few decades or centuries or so IRL, I dunno I really don't keep track anymore )

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Zoe posted:

I know Roy made a comment on this before, but it's so weird anytime Belkar actually refers to himself as a ranger or does ranger-y things. I'm pretty sure it's something that's only started up recently. (Well, 'recently' in terms of the comic timeline, probably a few decades or centuries or so IRL, I dunno I really don't keep track anymore )
What are you talking about? The very first comic has Belkar referring to himself as a Ranger.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

XkyRauh posted:

What are you talking about? The very first comic has Belkar referring to himself as a Ranger.

The most amusing thing to me re-reading from here is that it's in the third strip where Haley's lime green Boots of Speed are first mentioned.

EDIT: Fixed grammar also Blackwing first appears in the third strip as well.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 3, 2015

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

XkyRauh posted:

He may call himself a ranger but that hasn't meant much in practice until fairly recently. Ever since he started the whole "fake character development" thing he's been getting a lot better, especially when it comes to controlling animals (hang in there Bloodfeast, we'll fix you up someday).

Edit:

Potsticker posted:

The most amusing thing to me re-reading from here is that it's in the third strip where Haley's lime green Boots of Speed are first mentioned.

EDIT: Fixed grammar also Blackwing first appears in the third strip as well.

It's fun to go back and read through all the old strips to see how the series has evolved over the years. Not just the writing, the art and panel design has gotten much smoother and more elaborate. Compare the first strip to any of the more recent ones and the difference is striking.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 3, 2015

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
I'm not sure that he ever explained it, but I'm pretty sure the only reason he became a ranger is so he could dual-wield daggers "effectively". He pretty much ignored the rest of his class' trappings unless it became immediately useful and also someone reminded him that he should be able to do it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cthulhuchan posted:

He pretty much ignored the rest of his class' trappings unless it became immediately useful and also someone reminded him that he should be able to do it.

Eh, he seems to genuinely be liking animals lately.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Cat Mattress posted:

Maybe that's just how he draws tigers? In this strip, Tiger has fleshed-out paws, while most of the other animal/gods have stick limbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Maybe that's just how he draws tigers? In this strip, Tiger has fleshed-out paws, while most of the other animal/gods have stick limbs.

Haha. Looking at that page I imagine he drew the tiger first with all it's detail, then went around the circle clockwise. Rabbit second, because it still has fleshed-out legs, and then the dragon and so on as the creatures get more stick-figure-y until you get to the zero detail bull.