Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
Holy poo poo that was amazing. That was the perfect loving finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I can't believe that a loving sitcom makes me pace and wring my hands with nervousness like it's some deeply affecting drama

jesus christ that finale was perfect

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Easily the best finale with the possible exception of Season 3's.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
That was perfect. If that's the last episode ever, I'm definitely happy.

By the way, as far as that hashtag goes, Joel was on Conan tonight and also indicated Yahoo wants to do more and said if Dan Harmon writes a movie, it's happening, so that didn't seem to just be wishful thinking.

Now we just gotta hope Harmon doesn't kill himself before then because goddamn that end tag.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Despite a slump in the middle, Season 6 was strong and ended fantastically.

Reflex ranking of seasons is 1 > 2 > 3 = 6 > 5 > 4. Might be subject to change after careful consideration.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

3 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 5 > 4, with the middle swapped around a bit and everything before 4 still being phenomenal.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
In the tag when the kid played the script and the dad realized they weren't real. Then explained what this means. was a great joke. Good episode, at least we know "tens of millions" watched this season.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

3 > 6 > 1 > 5 > 2 > pretty much everything else on television outside of season 1 of parks and rec > 4

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
3 > 2 > 1 > 5 > 6

Which isn't to say season 6 was bad, but I think season 5 was stronger as a whole.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

A Good Season/Series idk finale.

2>1>6>3>5>>>>>>>>>>fart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn that tag.

I think Dean also said "loving". Not sure why they started cursing all of a sudden.

Jeff's vision with the B team was genuinely sad :(

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
That was a loving amazing finale. Holy poo poo.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Marvel movies are so boring.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

ETB posted:

I'm pretty sure someone else said "gently caress" and I thought I misheard.

Dean said Abed was hosed up in the head earlier in the ep.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

That sure was an ending to the entire show. Hope they have the sense ro wrap it up now, because coming back from all that is just gonna cheapen it

Season 4 getting a literal gas leak was perfect

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I felt emotions welling up during certain points but the Jeff/Annie kiss finally broke me.

Now I feel like a doofus for crying during a sitcom. That was phenomenal.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was absolutely fantastic, holy poo poo. Easily one of the best Community episodes ever.

My ranking is 2 > 1 > 5 > 3 > 6 >>> 4 but I adore all the seasons apart from 4 and 6, which has gone up quite a bit in my estimations with the last three episodes anyway.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ah I love this new Ants-In-My -eyes-Johnson Prime Rib Cell Phone eater.

I love you Community.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the ending bit had perfect delivery

perfect

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
If you're going to end a series, that's one hell of an amazing way to do it. :wow:

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Streets ahead.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

therobotking posted:

Streets ahead.

Anyone who doesn't see that is streets behind.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Kinda boring and overly sentimental. Shirley should have stayed fat and its a little disappointing that Troy had no lines.

2/10

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The tags were totally amazing all season, including this one, though the rambling voiceover about how Dan Harmon is a gently caress up was bad in an awkward way. Was funny when they just had him sitting in front of a big bottle of vodka.

I'm not sure if this season was better than s5 but at least it got stronger toward the end instead of falling apart.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I laughed, I cried, and then I laughed a lot at that tag.

This show has done some great episodes, and revisited the concepts in them. This was a great revisit of the Remedial Chaos Theory concept crossed with Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Not enough jokes for my liking, the only really funny bits were jeff's redhead study group and when chang farted

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Structure.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Not enough jokes for my liking, the only really funny bits were jeff's redhead study group and when chang farted

I thought the actors did a good job imitating the speech patterns of the characters who were telling the story at that point. It made me laugh. :shrug:

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I found myself getting a little misty eyed when Jeff kept hugging Abed. Jeeze. For a season that relied heavily on meta-jokes and a finale that was basically one meta-reference, that was great.

The tags this entire season were great, but that was phenomenal. I hope it's another season and not a movie, just to break the SixSeasonsAndAMovie thing.

Edit: So, Annie was the rear end-Crack Bandit?

Mortanis fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 2, 2015

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Could've been anyone.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
First half didn't work for me (felt like 12 minutes of gag-o-rama), 2nd half kind of did. What a series.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I liked Paget's line about being a newcomer who nailed it :c00l:.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Way better than the Mad Men finale.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

drat Yahoo Roku App that can't do something as simple as loving REWINDING. I want to watch a lot of these bits over again and can't without rewatching the whole show.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Golden Bee posted:

First half didn't work for me (felt like 12 minutes of gag-o-rama), 2nd half kind of did. What a series.

The first was basically Harmon saying to the super fans "we've probably taken this as far as we could, you can let go now". The second half was actual emotional wrap-up for the characters. Both worked nicely for me.

I have a feeling if they somehow wrangled in a Season 7, it would focus mainly on Jeff, Frankie, Chang, and the Dean, with everyone hanging out at Britta's bar. It would be a very different show, but I feel like that's the most likely scenario if they pushed forward. But it'll (probably, maybe) be just a movie.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Steve Vader posted:

drat Yahoo Roku App that can't do something as simple as loving REWINDING. I want to watch a lot of these bits over again and can't without rewatching the whole show.

When I've watched the episodes with Chrome, not only do I get commercials, I get commercials offset several minutes from the points in the show where they're supposed to cut to commercials. And it turns closed captioning back on after every commercial break.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It turned closed captioning back on every time I paused.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

MrAristocrates posted:

It turned closed captioning back on every time I paused.

Same here, it was very annoying.

I really enjoyed that episode, it was sadder than the S3 finale but another great stopping point (and that end tag was genius). I was hoping for a glimpse of Troy or Pierce in the end montage but getting to see Shirley was cool too.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:3: Bye Community, it's been a rollercoaster six years, but thanks for the memories.

(3 2 1 6 5 4 obviously, though I am one of the few people who thought 4 was not terrible, just really mediocre)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
I'm only halfway through, but this is so far the best episode I've seen in many years, and far and away, I'm having more laughs than with any other S6 episode.

I love how the theme changes a little. It gets quicker in places, kind of like that Butters-centric episode of South Park, but when Britta's comes up? I about died laughing.

• Locked thread