Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Charlz Guybon posted:

^^^I'm not going to kill the older brother, don't be daft.

You are playing this game wrong :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
The Golden Horde somehow conquered Cyprus in my game even though the closest province they had to it was in Crimea. Now they're down to three provinces, two of them being Cyprus.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hadaka Apron posted:

The Golden Horde somehow conquered Cyprus in my game even though the closest province they had to it was in Crimea. Now they're down to three provinces, two of them being Cyprus.

They're trying to pull off the Azerbaijani Exile Strategy.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
You can totally revoke and reassign Designated Heir easily. Designate the older one for safety until the younger one comes of age.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
When I lost my status as Queen of Ireland to the Scots, I kept some of my vassals but lost others. What controls that?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I take it you're a duke now? You lost all your duke vassals when you lost your kingdom.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Ah, so I'm the same rank now. Yeah, that makes sense, I still have my Counts but not my Dukes, thanks.

e: What.

The Emir of East Anglia and his sidekick the Sheikh of Norfolk :psyduck:

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 1, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Grand Prince Augustus Saul of the Fylkirate

Fylkir Augustus Saul, Grand Prince of the Roman Empire

Fylkir Saul, Grand Prince Augustus of the Roman Emprire

:sigh: This is problematic.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anyone know how to mod cultural titles like Shah, Khagan, Basileus, etc.? I feel like going full sperg.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Hey Paradox devs, any plan to have the depose anti-pope CB populate to the highest level liege lord instead of the next step up? I ran into the issue when a Duchess in the HRE established an anti-pope and I couldn't press the depose anti-pope CB until I used the console to kill everyone until the anti-pope was immediately under the HRE. It was only then when I could press the depose CB. I guess what I'm asking is, could you make it so that the depose anti-pope CB can always be used against the highest level liege?

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Hahahaha, you even called the King of England in and you still lost like a bitch. Aulay III, King Guy, Duke Richard the Kind, your boys took a hell of a beating!

74 year old Queen Lann regains control of the Kingdom of Eire.

Not quite sure why that Scottish Revolt will result in me losing my Kingdom if they win so hopefully my levy will restore enough in time. I'm pious enough for a holy order, anyway.

e: My Queen died at 76 and her fairly decent grandson has taken over. The Kings of England and Scotland are still related and the King of Scotland still has a strong claim on Eire at the age of 22, so plenty of time for this to get ugly. Just the 25K troops between them :shepface:

England still rocking the Fatimid-controlled East Anglia which I can't fathom at all.

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 2, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Funky Valentine posted:

Anyone know how to mod cultural titles like Shah, Khagan, Basileus, etc.? I feel like going full sperg.

The localisation files have pretty much everything you need. They have stuff like

kingdom_of_persian Shah
emperor_greek Basileus

Just add new entries or change the existing localisations. You can modify further with titular titles, since they allow for unique localisation keys.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Do people still do world conquests in this game since vassal limits were introduced? Cause holy poo poo.

I'm already running out of steam. This is 19 vassals, but I personally control Wales and England still, so really I could drop it to 10. That should be more than enough space to conquer the HRE and the Byzantines, but my independence faction is already sitting pretty comfortably at 70-90%. I still haven't had a revolt yet since vassals seem less likely to try it when you're a republic for some reason, but after I take out the Byzantines, I don't see that holding up. I'd like to do a quick flip to orthodox later on so I could form the Byzantine Empire and the Roman Empire before switching back to the Fylkir, but I'm already having nightmares about how big the mess I'm going to have to clean up is going to be after everyone loses their poo poo over an infidel running the empire. I'll probably gonna get jihaded too. gently caress me. The good news is I pressed a claim on Mali for a guy that I converted to Germanic, and tribal organization was good, so they became feudal. Every county had level 4 everything because they'd been tribal for so long. They instantly started building cities with their saved up cash, on top of every county turning into a barony, so Mali is going to be relevant for the first time in any game I've ever played. :3: Can't wait to take a screenshot of Mali with a bunch of green provinces in the economy view.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 2, 2015

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The localisation files have pretty much everything you need. They have stuff like

kingdom_of_persian Shah
emperor_greek Basileus

Just add new entries or change the existing localisations. You can modify further with titular titles, since they allow for unique localisation keys.

Oh there we go, time to make poo poo get crazy.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I just had a weird thing happen where my oldest, and only legitimate, son suddenly stopped being my heir. My oldest daughter took his place but when she died young her son became my heir. Things stayed that way for a few years and then suddenly my son was the heir again.

On Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture btw.

Walton Simons posted:

Ah, so I'm the same rank now. Yeah, that makes sense, I still have my Counts but not my Dukes, thanks.

e: What.

The Emir of East Anglia and his sidekick the Sheikh of Norfolk :psyduck:

This seems to be a thing that sometimes happens for no real reason:

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 2, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a way to bypass the bug that makes patricians from a conquered republic join your republic? I thought it only happened in holy wars, but evidently county conquests trigger it too. I force crashed the game as soon as I enforced my demands and noticed it. Now I'm trying to sort out a plan to make Genoa disappear without leaving trade networks behind. Preferably without modding because I'm playing iron man.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I just had a weird thing happen where my oldest, and only legitimate, son suddenly stopped being my heir. My oldest daughter took his place but when she died young her son became my heir. Things stayed that way for a few years and then suddenly my son was the heir again.

In some situations, your children who have their own kids will be higher in the line of succession than your children who don't have kids, even if the latter is older than the former. I know this can happen if you have, e.g., no sons and two daughters - if only one daughter has a son, that daughter will stand to inherit regardless of how old she is. It's poorly documented and doesn't come up very often. I don't know exactly how far this extends but it sounds like it might be what happened.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
There also seems to be a glitch where the game will choose someone seemingly at random to be heir and it'll stay that way until you reload the game. Or it just fixes itself.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Is there a way to bypass the bug that makes patricians from a conquered republic join your republic? I thought it only happened in holy wars, but evidently county conquests trigger it too. I force crashed the game as soon as I enforced my demands and noticed it. Now I'm trying to sort out a plan to make Genoa disappear without leaving trade networks behind. Preferably without modding because I'm playing iron man.

Did you use a claim CB on the republic title? That seems to sometimes screw things up, as does a CB that destroys the title, but you then recreate it before the end of the month.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Hey Paradox devs, any plan to have the depose anti-pope CB populate to the highest level liege lord instead of the next step up? I ran into the issue when a Duchess in the HRE established an anti-pope and I couldn't press the depose anti-pope CB until I used the console to kill everyone until the anti-pope was immediately under the HRE. It was only then when I could press the depose CB. I guess what I'm asking is, could you make it so that the depose anti-pope CB can always be used against the highest level liege?

Hmm thought there was a block on creating anti popes unless you are top liege? Did she get vasselized by someone bigger?

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Groogy posted:

Hmm thought there was a block on creating anti popes unless you are top liege? Did she get vasselized by someone bigger?

HRE under elective I'd imagine. Emperor creates antipope, then another dynasty wins an election. The antipope stays under their liege.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Considering all the other unique governing options available to certain nations in CK2, would it be cool if the HRE could choose to reform its elective succession into the college of prince electors?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I got the Maid event, am I supposed to be able to put her in charge of an army? That 33 Martial would really help when I'm trying to fight of the entire Sunni world and the Golden Horde (whose armies are thankfully much reduced from the beating I gave them last time) at the same time. I made her my Marshal, but can't seem to actual put her in charge of an army.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Charlz Guybon posted:

I got the Maid event, am I supposed to be able to put her in charge of an army? That 33 Martial would really help when I'm trying to fight of the entire Sunni world and the Golden Horde (whose armies are thankfully much reduced from the beating I gave them last time) at the same time. I made her my Marshal, but can't seem to actual put her in charge of an army.

If she's doing something marshally then she can't lead an army, you don't want your marshal leading armies anyway you want him replacing your levies.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Map expansion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5pIdN4iSZk

quote:

With an expanded map, revised interface and new rules for successions and trade, Horse Lords will immerse you in a world very different from the fixed settlements of Europe and challenge you to become the Great Khan – the Ruler of the Sky.

Features in the coming Horse Lords expansion include:
Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.
Horse Lords is the eighth major expansion to Crusader Kings II and will be coming to major digital retailers very soon. In the meantime, prepare to meet the Great Khan on the field of battle; your stone walls won’t help you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Central Asia being expanded" probably means filling out Siberia, the Tibetan plateu, and the Tarim basin.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That's exciting! Updates for pagans and stuff is always appreciated.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Proper blood feuds, loving finally :black101:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Tributaries could be interesting if it finally properly models how the Mongols kept locals in charge in some areas.

Unlike know when the areas are all administered and controlled by Mongols. Meaning the area is never going to be locally ruled again.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

CharlestheHammer posted:

Tributaries could be interesting if it finally properly models how the Mongols kept locals in charge in some areas.

Unlike know when the areas are all administered and controlled by Mongols. Meaning the area is never going to be locally ruled again.

They will keep local rule but you get your name over their land

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Oh gently caress yes. I've been dying for an excuse to retry Islamic Bolghar Russia for ages now :fap:

(Fingers crossed that Bolghars won't be affected by the bullshit pagan attrition anymore just because they follow the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH))

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

beefart posted:

Oh gently caress yes. I've been dying for an excuse to retry Islamic Bolghar Russia for ages now :fap:

(Fingers crossed that Bolghars won't be affected by the bullshit pagan attrition anymore just because they follow the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH))

I tried the Bolghar start recently and didn't have much luck, what's a good way to go about it?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Updated map sounds pretty good. Right now northern/eastern russia is basically just nothing. What's even there. Perm? Who gives a poo poo.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Hooray, another region I don't care about that will slow the game down.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Groogy posted:

They will keep local rule but you get your name over their land

It's the small things. Thank you.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wary of a map expansion given the performance issues already, but proper Mongol mechanics could be useful.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Please stop playing CPU-intensive games on toasters, hth

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I tried the Bolghar start recently and didn't have much luck, what's a good way to go about it?

I think the 1081 start (Alexiad) was the sweet spot for me. As far as strategy goes, wait for Cumans to revolt or get their poo poo wrecked, holy war their asses for their coastal lands, then keep eating away at Tengri neighbors. Stay away from all the Mari/Chuvash/Khanty/Samoyed OPMs that look like easy pickings though, at least until they convert to Christianity or you can afford to park a ton of guys on the war target while they get decimated by Pagan attrition and brutal winter sieges. Of course even if you take a holding before you no longer have enough men left in the army to carry out a proper siege, it tanks your available levies and every no-talent punk with an axe to grind is going to dogpile you. So it turns into an unfun slog unless you level up Siege or Mil Org a poo poo ton.

Most of those lands are completely useless anyway, but god dammit I need Perm and Cheremisa to make my borders aesthetically pleasing :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Okay, this is a map expansion I am prepared to not hate, because that region is basically all on the current map as wasteland, because tributary states and some measure of buildup may mean the Mongol Hordes become less stupid and gamebreaking, because their take on the Silk Road promises to be interesting, because unlike the Indians the steppe tribes do actually interact with the main game, because 2.4 should come with some hefty performance boosts (if you read Groogy's posts on the Paradox forums, the lag issues don't come strictly from "more characters" or "more provinces" or even "dead characters piling up", the situation is a bit more complex than that) and also because :black101:.

Also, the very last map (or timeline) expansion I am prepared to not hate. Seriously. Stop. Please.

I still guess that forts aren't going to be a paradigm shift to the siege-control mechanic like Common Sense for EU4, but on the other hand most CK2 sieges don't take NEARLY as long as EU4 sieges so I'm not feeling the Death To Carpet Sieges quite so hard.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 2, 2015

• Locked thread