Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Helping fascists progress in the champions league...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
I don't think a manager with less credit than Rafa has been signed by RM in decades. I mean there's been a bunch of nobodies with zero credit, but Rafa might actually have negative credit at this point.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Rafa will do a good job as a caretaker manager until Zidane is ready to take over and fail miserably.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

mackintosh posted:

Rafa will do a good job as a caretaker manager until Zidane is ready to take over and fail miserably by November.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Rafa will do a good job as a caretaker manager until Zidane is ready to take over and fail miserably.

It's not like Castilla has been doing amazing.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Pedro De Heredia posted:

I don't think a manager with less credit than Rafa has been signed by RM in decades. I mean there's been a bunch of nobodies with zero credit, but Rafa might actually have negative credit at this point.

I think Florentino Perez might be a retarded nooblord? The fact he couldn't answer why Ancelotti was fired was amazing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Who is going to be Benitez's assistant since Paul Clement has also left

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope rafa's new spanish name will be 'tapa'.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Which Spanish player will leak criticism about Rafa to Marca first ?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegay posted:

It's not like Castilla has been doing amazing.

He can't keep the wonderkid in line, I'm going to die laughing when he inevitably takes over and tries to control the galacticos. Has he even got his coaching papers yet?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I wonder what Ronaldo is thinking right now... I mean he's only 11 goals away from breaking Raul's record... But is a full trophy-less season under Rafa(Then is replacement) really worth it?

Maybe since he's a selfish baby, but I can't see him staying under this poo poo much longer.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
tapa benitez

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

oliwan posted:

tapa benitez
we get it

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just hope everyone remembers me when this meme hits it big.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

BWV posted:

Which Spanish player will leak criticism about Rafa to Marca first ?

It seems Ronaldo took a leak, in public, such a good guy

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drogadon posted:

So they're closing part of the Sevilla stadium for 4 games for "violent chants" from the ultras

http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/2015/05/31/556b5b4e46163f27598b4578.html

They were chanting "verdiblancos hijos de puta" which seems really really tame and not worthy of a ban. Seems to me they're using this as a first example of being "tough against violence" or something so they can ban/fine Athletic and Barca for the anthem whistling.

lmao if you close stadiums due to the word puta then you'll have to close virtually all stadiums in Iberia and South America

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

They're twisting it as "violent" because it's directed at Betis, still dumb though

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
lol, the Spaniards have gone mad

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I'm hoping this will lead to a good protest from the cool and good Sevilla boys

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
of course it was directed at the opposing team, what were they expecting?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
drat the Sevilla boys don't give a crud, do they?

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Benitez almost cried after being presented as Real Madrid coach.

lol so did I

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
For a europe qualifying team Villareal got bummed pretty drat hard by the 7th best team in the a league.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I'm going to reserve judgment on Benitez until December, who knows he might actually work out.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Pedro De Heredia posted:

lol so did I

He's happy to be back home.

Strong men also cry.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Pedro De Heredia posted:

lol so did I

lol

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

El Hefe posted:

I'm going to reserve judgment on Benitez until December, who knows he might actually work out.

10th time's the charm.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
how has he made a mistake in any way shape or form? the man can't lose.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

8raz posted:

That moustache for one.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Hefe posted:

He won't be in Madrid by December

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

8raz posted:

He will be underappreciated, harrassed by the press, bullied by players, whistled at by fans and sacked within the year. Granted he will walk away with a lot of money.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Drogadon posted:

He will be underappreciated, harrassed by the press, bullied by players, whistled at by fans and sacked within the year. Granted he will walk away with a lot of money.

Which Real manager hasn't been on the end of that though?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ewar Woowar posted:

Which Real manager hasn't been on the end of that though?

Carlo was never bullied by the players or whistled by the fans, mostly because he was smart enough to keep Casillas on the pitch so the fans would take it out on him but still.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I guess with Benitez we're back to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 which both sorta makes sense but lol our midfield is so unbalanced. Also Benitez cries a lot of keeps repeating how much this means to him, so now he's a good lad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hegay posted:

I guess with Benitez we're back to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 which both sorta makes sense but lol our midfield is so unbalanced. Also Benitez cries a lot of keeps repeating how much this means to him, so now he's a good lad.

He was all about the 4-2-3-1 at Liverpool. Anyone know what he used at inter and Napoli?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

He was all about the 4-2-3-1 at Liverpool. Anyone know what he used at inter and Napoli?

People better versed in Serie A should chime in, but I remember he tried to get a 4-2-3-1 working at Inter and Napoli as the default formation as well. You'd see a lot of control and possession with players either working brilliantly or falling apart defensively and impotently moving like they had no ideas. For a manager the English branded as boring and defensive, it was pretty weird to watch.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 4, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brony Car posted:

People better versed in Serie A should chime in, but I remember he tried to get a 4-2-3-1 working at Inter and Napoli as the default formation as well. You'd see a lot of control and possession with players either working brilliantly or falling apart defensively and impotently moving like they had no ideas. For a manager the English branded as boring and defensive, it was pretty weird to watch.

He did and sometimes it worked. It was Insigne, Hamsik/Mertens and Callejon behind Higuain.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Wonder if Marcelo and Bale on the left would work with Ronnie and Benzema up front, Modrić and Kroos midfield. Rafa brought Xavi Valero with him, that's cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hegay posted:

Wonder if Marcelo and Bale on the left would work with Ronnie and Benzema up front, Modrić and Kroos midfield. Rafa brought Xavi Valero with him, that's cool and good

You posted before I finished my edit in the Serie A thread. Have any of the Madrid players spoken out about Benitez yet? It's going to depend more on the players themselves to keep their spirits up if things aren't going according to plan.

• Locked thread