Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I understand very little about mahjong beyond it being vaguely comparable to poker, but that hasn't stopped me from reading a ton of Fukumoto stuff involving it.

the authors don't know how mahjong works either so says even a monkey can draw manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

lol if you talk irl

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

Also, wrt cardcaptor sakura tomoyo was legit into samurai.

I read the scans and the scanlator was p.mad

What did the scanlator think of Sonomi crushing on Nadeshiko

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Cardcaptor Sakura is super cute and legit one of my favorite animes. Also, lots of its characters are super gay.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

this is a few pages back, but i dont give a gently caress.
Yesterday I was shaving in the morning and got startled by something, so now I have a big red cut straight across my nose. I was kind of hoping it resembles some cool scar earned in honourable combat that goes well with an eyepatch, but it just looks like I'm so bad at shaving that I managed to cut my nose somehow. :(

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Every time I hear something like that, I am grateful for not having to shave my face. My condolences to your nose.

Does it at least look like that red nose paint a la Dragon Age 2 Hawke?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Every time I hear shaving stories like that I am glad I have motor skills (and slow growing facial hair).

I'm beginning to suspect there are probably people in this thread who are anime bad at cooking.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I use an electric razor. I don't know how to spell razor by the way. Is it razer? Rasor? No, it's razor, according to auto-correct.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

I use an electric razor. I don't know how to spell razor by the way. Is it razer? Rasor? No, it's razor, according to auto-correct.

It is razer, because it razes across your face, destroying all in its wake.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

chumbler posted:

Every time I hear shaving stories like that I am glad I have motor skills (and slow growing facial hair).

I'm beginning to suspect there are probably people in this thread who are anime bad at cooking.

You should let me cook for you one day.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Kylra posted:

Does it at least look like that red nose paint a la Dragon Age 2 Hawke?

Had to google that. But no, I wish.
It's a very shallow cut, nearly horizontal and somehow just above the tip of the nose. It looks really dumb.

wtb fine motor skills

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...didnt ange literally say 'why the gently caress do i just have to be paired with kira' and then made out with red hair girl in one of the last episodes so basically it ended with a threesome

idk whatever, yeah i agree it is kind of silly that anime can't move past homosexual relations being the only point of the show and not just a secondary thing that just happens to be romantic preferences while they go about on the actual plot as their motivation

if I say that i have one day been wanting to make an animated thing about mechs blowing things up but also the main character is a lesbian and our merry gay couple proceeds to have a grand old time fighting evil empire #43609 with a big old doombot, will i become the messiah of everyone's favorite former doomguy now konata or something

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Really, all these seemingly hetero relationships are just very elaborate and deep stealth beards.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yozakura Quartet had a lesbian couple and didn't make them the central point or even particularly noteworthy outside of their individual roles in the story as I recall.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

Yozakura Quartet had a lesbian couple and didn't make them the central point or even particularly noteworthy outside of their individual roles in the story as I recall.

speaking of, ive been meaning to watch that. what's the order with all the OVAs and such again?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you got 8 episode sof the long one, then the 3 ova series than 5 more of the long one than the other ovas with the cops that are only in 480p

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

speaking of, ive been meaning to watch that. what's the order with all the OVAs and such again?

a kitten posted:

Yozakura Quartet Viewing Order

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta (TV) episode 1 - episode 8
Yozakura Quartet Hoshi no Umi (OVA) episode 1 - 3
Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta (TV) episode 9 - 13
Yozakura Quartet Tsuki ni Naku (OVA) episode 1 - 3

It's not a non-chronological thing like Haruhi or anything, those Hoshi no Umi OVAs literally fit right in that spot between 8 and 9, and you will miss a bunch of cool poo poo including character introductions if you don't watch 'em there. The Tsuki ni Naku episodes skip ahead a bunch of volumes apparently but were easily understood, just watch them last is all. Or hold out for more TV or ova's.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

let's all become gay and date each other

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

it's the perfect plan

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Budget Prefuse posted:

it's the perfect plan

i agree

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Budget Prefuse posted:

I will become straight and stop watching anime and do sports and whatever else normal people do that isn't watching annime.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Jokes on you, I'm already gay!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

the authors don't know how mahjong works either so says even a monkey can draw manga

That manga owns and it's insanely cool how it's still applicable today.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jostiband posted:

this is a few pages back, but i dont give a gently caress.
Yesterday I was shaving in the morning and got startled by something, so now I have a big red cut straight across my nose. I was kind of hoping it resembles some cool scar earned in honourable combat that goes well with an eyepatch, but it just looks like I'm so bad at shaving that I managed to cut my nose somehow. :(

I currently have 2 tiny parallel cuts to the rought of my mouth so it's super obvious it was a shaving accident instead of something cool.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kylra posted:

Really, all these seemingly hetero relationships are just very elaborate and deep stealth beards.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Budget Prefuse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItzslynRhwg

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

smh

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

his bicep looks like he just had a raw steak surgically implanted into his arm

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gyra_Solune posted:

his bicep looks like he just had a raw steak surgically implanted into his arm

He didn't, he was just really strong and muscular

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I should get around to watching conan again one of these days.
Then i'm going to post about it in the OP/ED thread despite it not being anime because that was a realy good soundtrack imho

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

let's all become gay

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Davincie posted:

lol if you talk irl

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Anime or Splatoon....a difficult choice.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Giant Bomb quicklook for Splatoon looked super fun.

If I owned a Wii-U I would probably buy it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Dude789 should play Splatoon since I cannot.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

buy a wii u

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Bad Seafood posted:

Dude789 should play Splatoon since I cannot.

Okay friend, I will try out the new ranked mode.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Srice posted:

I wish you luck, in your endeavor.

loving traitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2