Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

moot the hopple posted:

So hey, don't go into the sunken ship next to the one in the Queen Zuleyka quest. Even though you can easily jump into the hold, the ramp leading back up to the deck is blocked off by debris and is partly submerged, which disables hurdling or jumping over it because being knee deep in water counts as swimming. Hope you didn't save down there like me! :downs:

This ship owns because someone new discovers it for the first time every few pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

So hey, don't go into the sunken ship next to the one in the Queen Zuleyka quest. Even though you can easily jump into the hold, the ramp leading back up to the deck is blocked off by debris and is partly submerged, which disables hurdling or jumping over it because being knee deep in water counts as swimming. Hope you didn't save down there like me! :downs:

Good to know, I'm just about to explore that very place.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Verranicus posted:

Is there any explanation what happened to the towns of Frischlow or Condyle/the area around it? Frischlow is full of piles of burning corpses and all the doors are locked, and Condyle and the area is infested with cannibals.

You do find out about Frischlow but there's never an explanation for the cannibals. That's the only place in the whole game that has them, too. Must be a dropped sidequest or something.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki

mcbexx posted:

Maybe it's just anecdotal, but updating to the latest nvidia Game Ready driver for Heroes of the Storm brought back driver reset related crashes back for me - big time.

I just update because someone mentioned a slight fps increase with the new driver.

Me too

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Doc Morbid posted:

That's why you keep at least 50 separate save files like all self-respecting RPG players. :v:

I'm well over 200 and I'm nowhere near the endgame.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want to play gwent irl

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, just spending 3 points in alchemy even if I'm running mainly a sign build makes a world of difference.

"Acquired resistance Tier 3: Every known level 1, 2 or 3 alchemy formula increases maximum toxicity by 1. Potion duration time: +15%"

Suddenly I can use a decoction and then some other potions too! I wish I could get that infinite oil skill, but it's too far in alchemy line.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The game doesn't auto save in the open world for some indiscernible reason (edit: they make a point of specifically telling you this at the start so I have to assume it's for console performance reasons), so I have like over 200 saves because it's just easier to hit pause and save a new one every time, which I would not have to do (or forget to do) if the game had some form of autosave outside of quest checkpoints.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

my new dog posted:

i want to play gwent irl

http://m.ebay.com/itm/231578494416?nav=SEARCH

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Think I'll respec, anyone who went heavily with a Sign build can vouch for it? Melt armor is great and I love Yrden alt, but it seems I could do much better with alchemy buffs. Plus the griffin armor looks goofy

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I make one save and then when I want to save my progress I save over it. Has served me well so far. :shrug: The game also has save checkpoints and autosaves.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I did both Yen and Triss' sidequests so I could each give them their answer. When I did Skellige's stuff it was pretty easy for me to choose Yen, but I did Triss' stuff after, and it made certain scenes that would've been sweet into rather sad moments. I chose not to kiss Triss in the garden and didn't try to get her to stay. It all ended up making that feel really sad, especially after when whatshisface is like "you're an rear end.!" and I'm like, I know :smith:

turtlecrunch posted:

I make one save and then when I want to save my progress I save over it. Has served me well so far. :shrug: The game also has save checkpoints and autosaves.

The game autosaves A LOT, which is funny cause I already saved a lot anyway because, despite the patches, the game will still crash.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 2, 2015

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

oooh

ooooh

lol that is fuken pricey though, kill me if i ever buy those

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

Think I'll respec, anyone who went heavily with a Sign build can vouch for it? Melt armor is great and I love Yrden alt, but it seems I could do much better with alchemy buffs. Plus the griffin armor looks goofy

I'm not actually even using melt armor. Active quen shield is awesome since it can give you health when mobs pound on it. Aard to knock them down for oneshot kills. Yrden to slow them so much it's OP. Signs build is all kinds of fun.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!

UP AND ADAM posted:

So, getting a steel sword with an innate +15% chance to stun (and three rune or whatever slots) is worth way more than adding on a bit of damage. It lets you slice apart human camps with quen and fast strikes, no dodging required.

I think I just got the same sword and it's glorious.

I'm really enjoying the swordplay in this game. The short dodge alone has made combat so much better than W2. You can dance around opponents and butcher them like the badass sword master that Geralt is meant to be.

In previous games I always went a more sign heavy Geralt, in this one I'm going almost pure swordsman and having a blast doing so.

Execu-speak fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 3, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Holy poo poo Skellige is big and beautiful. Best zone/area/map.

moot the hopple posted:

I know I'm gonna fall for this despite knowing about it now. Luckily I save before doing stuff like exploring sunken ships.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Azazell0 posted:

I'm not actually even using melt armor. Active quen shield is awesome since it can give you health when mobs pound on it. Aard to knock them down for oneshot kills. Yrden to slow them so much it's OP. Signs build is all kinds of fun.

Let me tell you a bit about the whirlwind attack.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

my new dog posted:

oooh

ooooh

lol that is fuken pricey though, kill me if i ever buy those

It serves it's purpose nicely in-game but it's not a very good game, the ideal gameplan seems fairly easy to infer. Leagues better than dice poker but ultimately just as "solved".

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I just am waiting for an auto-win gwent mod, I don't enjoy card games but the completionist in me dosen't want to miss out on gwent related content

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Haha, i got paranoid apparently after the launchday crashing and looking at the saves folder now when i have finished the game i have 3559 saves. Anyone higher?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Towards the endgame spoilers below

Wow this game handles Ciri being able to jump through space and time so much better than infinite, I really liked the scene where Geralt & Avallach are walking on a planet straight out of sci-fi, or when Ciri talks about a cyberpunk Earth earlier. I feel CD-Projekt did a great job setting up other potential worlds to explore through their flagship game even if we never see Geralt again.also... anyone who might comment on the game having weird sci-fi elements from above the series has always been this way. The Witchers are essentially standard genetically engineered killing machines from sci-fi, mages and magic have alot of scientific elements, monsters going extinct due to humanity mirror real life and numerous other little details.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
So can the xp bug start working within white orchard? Just wondering if I can actually start playing again and just wait for the patch right before leaving white orchard.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So I'm looking at the walkthrough for Witcher 3 over at Eurogamer, and holy crap there are a ton of side quests I've missed. It really really pays to go exploring everywhere and pay close attention.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-18-the-witcher-3-walkthrough-3696

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

So can the xp bug start working within white orchard? Just wondering if I can actually start playing again and just wait for the patch right before leaving white orchard.

Nobody really knows what causes it to trigger but as far as I know you're probably safe until you get quests turning grey at around level 7 or 8 maybe.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MadJackMcJack posted:

Yes, if you progress far enough with the Skellige questline you can have a chat with Yennifer and ask her about the crystal. It took me quite a while to get to the point where she would talk to me about non-quest stuff though, so you're in fir a long haul (or I just missed an opportunity

Are there any major repercussions for just turning it in to Radovid? I never had an opportunity with Triss and I don't want to wait through 20 hours of Yen questline to turn it in. I still have a mountain of stuff to do in novigrad/velen before I plan on heading to skellige.

Basically, I pretty much have my mind made up but am just curious how much I'm loving myself.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ShadowMar posted:

Nobody really knows what causes it to trigger but as far as I know you're probably safe until you get quests turning grey at around level 7 or 8 maybe.

I thought it was pretty clear what causes it to trigger: doing gray quests. If you have a quest that says "Recommended Level: ##" and that wording is in gray instead of green or red or whatever, don't do that quest until the patch. You're not supposed to get xp from gray quests, but the bug is that doing gray quests flags you as not supposed to get xp from any quests. Note: some quests just don't give xp (treasure hunt quests for example). So when you don't get xp from a quest that isn't gray, don't panic that you're bugged. Also, quests without an associated level like races or gwent quests will not bug you.

Basically, you only have to worry about quests with a recommended level that you are 6+ levels above. So if you're level 16 and have some level 11 quests in your log, knock them out before leveling up or wait until after the patch.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
But what about the quests that are always gray because they don't have a level :smith:

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp
So is there any fix for Geralt not being able to climb on the ps4 version? I don't think I can finish my game. I sunk about 100 hours into this game and I've loaded back up to four hours with all my saves and in all of them he can't climb. Please tell there's something I can do about this.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I have done like 10+ grey quests and never got the bug for what it's worth. Sounds very random.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

CJacobs posted:

But what about the quests that are always gray because they don't have a level :smith:
I did one of those (the soothsayer quest in Velen) before finding out about the glitch and I'm still getting EXP from quests, so those might be safe. Or maybe I just got lucky, who knows.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Mordiceius posted:

Also, quests without an associated level like races or gwent quests will not bug you.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Goddamn I hate it when I'm forced to do a quest. People have been saying that Triss goes away after her final quest Now or Never, and there are other side quests where you could use her help if she's still around, so I had been avoiding doing that final part.

Just now decided to do some of the lingering side quests, and why not do a Triss quest as well since it's not yet that final one. So I go to the masquerade, play a lot of gwent, fight some witch hunters, good times. Later go frolicking around in Philippa's lair and do some other fun stuff.

Doing all that I encounter one of these things where I could use Triss's help. Now it turns out that once you have the final Triss quest Now or Never in your quest log, you cannot actually choose to not do it. That quest will start automatically as soon as you get within 20 furlongs of Triss. So either you do that quest and then Triss leaves and gently caress you, or you reload an earlier save from before the previous quest in the chain and just put off doing that or any other Triss stuff ever until you've done everything else. What the Christ. :psyduck: A couple hours of questing wasted, I now need to reload since I don't want Triss leaving yet.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh, okay, I missed that part. Welp back to not worrying about it then. :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

jaete posted:

Goddamn I hate it when I'm forced to do a quest. People have been saying that Triss goes away after her final quest Now or Never, and there are other side quests where you could use her help if she's still around, so I had been avoiding doing that final part.

Just now decided to do some of the lingering side quests, and why not do a Triss quest as well since it's not yet that final one. So I go to the masquerade, play a lot of gwent, fight some witch hunters, good times. Later go frolicking around in Philippa's lair and do some other fun stuff.

Doing all that I encounter one of these things where I could use Triss's help. Now it turns out that once you have the final Triss quest Now or Never in your quest log, you cannot actually choose to not do it. That quest will start automatically as soon as you get within 20 furlongs of Triss. So either you do that quest and then Triss leaves and gently caress you, or you reload an earlier save from before the previous quest in the chain and just put off doing that or any other Triss stuff ever until you've done everything else. What the Christ. :psyduck: A couple hours of questing wasted, I now need to reload since I don't want Triss leaving yet.

That's my problem right now. I'm just going to say gently caress it and give the gem to Radovid without talking to Triss or Yen. Hope it doesn't have major repercussions.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Anyone else come across this in Skellige? It's far to the Southwest in a little cove. Shows up as a boat icon on the map.

Anyone know how to get on it? Or what it's purpose is? Seems like a weird thing to be out there.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
To clarify, the no-return point for Triss in Novigrad is actually A Matter of Life and Death. Once you start that quest, then you can no longer ask for her help with anything before she leaves.

The problem is that between that quest and the actual final quest there's a break during which you can do as much other stuff as you want, before realising that there's no longer any way to do anything with Triss other than her leaving, and you should have somehow known that before you did the previous part.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Merry Magpie posted:

Did you seriously go back and count?

No. I was paying attention. I didn't even have to check your in-thread post history, you were just being super noticeable about it.

But yes you should play further into the third game. Especially if you let Letho live.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My game keeps crashing after me and Lambert cross the lake on the boat for the one quest in Kaer Mohen. The cutscene will start and then the came crashes. Is the next patch supposed to fix any more crashing bugs? Because this is kind of ridiculous that the game is still crashing. I otherwise have no performance problems with the game

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
Does anyone else feel like the mutagen enhancements could have been fleshed out a little more than just Attack+, Health+, and Signs+? With the huge variety of mutagens, and an already established mode of combining them, I feel like there could have been a bunch of cool combination mutagen effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
For all the good one can say about the game, holy poo poo, combat is appallingly bad. Terrible collision, Geralt and the monsters getting stuck more often than not, weird animations, etc. Camera and locking mechanics are also a total failure: you can't lock on anything when you're facing 5-6 mobs at the same time (most encounters), which means fights are basically this weird ballet of you and the monster hitting the air while not facing each other. Coming from Bloodborne I decided to play Wild Hunt at the highest difficulty but some quests are so badly designed I kind of regret it.

The Baron one for example: once you find the Botchling, for some arbitrary reason you can't save for 20 loving minutes and you repeatedly get attacked by the most annoying mobs, Wraiths. Since this part of the quest wasn't stupid enough, you also need to kill them quickly too, otherwise the Botchling gets angry.

What the gently caress CDPR.