Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Acid Haze posted:

liberate tutemet ex inferis

I've always been a fan of We have such sights to show you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Zaphod42 posted:

Alternatively: 'Abandon all hope, ye who enter here'.

Preeeeetty sure this was an old thread title at some point? Maybe around 2012 or so?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wasn't there a big fight over extending the Patriot Act recently? I'd love to see these cartoons who suddenly care about domestic spying starts screaming that we need to preserve the Patriot Act.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

A rare correct Branco (even if he doesn't agree with what he's drawn).

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TheDarkFlame posted:

Preeeeetty sure this was an old thread title at some point? Maybe around 2012 or so?
That was a thing I did.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Rorus Raz posted:

That was a thing I did.

wormbama was a bit thicker back in the day...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rorus Raz posted:

That was a thing I did.

:rip: Roosevelts :911:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

Relax, it's a pretty mediocre cartoon.

This one has got to go in next year's OP and not just for reference, but as the thread's mascot.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

majormonotone posted:

I mean, sure, I just have no loving clue what the point of that cartoon is

Bors tends to fall back on parodies of hand-wringing about millennials when he's out of ideas.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Karl Rove posted:

R.I.P. Phil Hartman :(

I appreciate that Bennett takes the 'exposition provided by newspaper headline' trope and actually does something with it by finding a logical place for the newspaper within the cartoon rather than someone holding it up awkwardly and talking to the reader.

He's not the only one:

Wildeyes posted:

Friend of mine: "Is the black guy wearing sunglasses or does he just have really hosed up eyes?"

The black guy is really an alien grey in disguise.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah and that's a pretty poor way to get across the point :cheeky:

Bors purposefully models himself on Ted Rall.

Rorus Raz posted:

Wasn't there a big fight over extending the Patriot Act recently? I'd love to see these cartoons who suddenly care about domestic spying starts screaming that we need to preserve the Patriot Act.

To my recollection, Beeler has been pretty consistently anti-Patriot Act all along.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Zaphod42 posted:

Where we're going we don't need eyes to see.

Alternatively: 'Abandon all hope, ye who enter here'.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Hello friend, thanks for the condescension. I didn't realize criticizing cartoons was verboten in the political cartoons thread :rolleyes:
If you think that criticizing cartoons is frowned upon itt, you really are new around here :P

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rorus Raz posted:

If you read Bors at all, it does 't take long to see that he is very pro-Millenial, and he has done lengthy comics raging against stupid poo poo people say about them.

Fun fact! Bors is younger than I am, which is hosed up.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

colonel_korn posted:

Are y'all ready for Jenner Time? :twisted:

Did Mike Lester just write a comic about Caitlyn Jenner and not misgender her?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Charles Kennedy – Whatever his inner demons, the former Lib Dem leader was one of the few politicians of the modern era to whom ordinary Britons could relate"

Telegraph:

Sanctions target 'rip-off' NHS temps

Independent:

Yesterday's Mail:
Mac on... The Britain's Got Talent dog controversy

Mail:
Mac on... Woman jailed for having sex too loudly

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

pope is in local news mode

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

smilingfish posted:

Did Mike Lester just write a comic about Caitlyn Jenner and not misgender her?

There's a non-zero enough amount of right wing shitbags that care more about her saying 'I'm a republican' than anything else. She checks boxes, she's famous and popular, she's a good get for the party, and the smart kind of shitbags are smart enough to put that ahead of "EW TRANS PEOPLE EEEEEEW WHAT ABOUT THEIR DICKS EEEEEEW" This'll be a 'fun' little personality test really, how many will focus on overt hate and how many will focus on masking hate?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

I have no idea what this means, but I love it anyway. :allears:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

There's a non-zero enough amount of right wing shitbags that care more about her saying 'I'm a republican' than anything else. She checks boxes, she's famous and popular, she's a good get for the party, and the smart kind of shitbags are smart enough to put that ahead of "EW TRANS PEOPLE EEEEEEW WHAT ABOUT THEIR DICKS EEEEEEW" This'll be a 'fun' little personality test really, how many will focus on overt hate and how many will focus on masking hate?

Trystero posted:

Judge Doom is GOP all the way. He supports the construction of the Freeway years before Eisenhower championed the Interstate Highway System, he’s pro business, and he’s distrustful of entertainment types. More over, the fact that he’s a toon cements the Republican Party’s “Big Tent” reputation.

Ah yes, who could forget that famous line from Poltergeist, "They're baaack..."

Almost as unforgettable as the classic tagline from Jaws, "Don't go swimming," or the Terminator's catchphrase, "I'll return."

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 3, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Poltergeist remake came out like three weeks ago.

Has Ramirez been collaborating with Tinsley?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It seems to be the majority of conservatives this time. Of course, the only reason they're using the argument is to try to score points on liberals for hypocrisy by setting up some pretty observably wrong straw men, but I still take it as a sign of progress.

By the way, can anybody tell me the origin of "gotta give me the fangs"? Is it a reference to anything outside the thread, or did that delightful catchphrase start with us?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Flip Yr Wig posted:

By the way, can anybody tell me the origin of "gotta give me the fangs"? Is it a reference to anything outside the thread, or did that delightful catchphrase start with us?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtbkQMwJS4

A few years back the Onion did a Behind the Pen series for Kelly, but it was only a handful of episodes. Too beautiful for this world.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Deep Hurting posted:

Ah yes, who could forget that famous line from Poltergeist, "They're baaack..."

Almost as unforgettable as the classic tagline from Jaws, "Don't go swimming," or the Terminator's catchphrase, "I'll return."

"They're baaack" is from Poltergeist II but more recognizably from its trailer.

Don't make me defend Ramirez again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What the hell is Muir's weird obsession with his self-insert making his wife naked in public all the time? Like what dude thinks "Hell yeah, I'm gonna make sure everyone at my cool business sees my wife's boobs, it's gonna be sweet for me!"

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

What the hell is Muir's weird obsession with his self-insert making his wife naked in public all the time? Like what dude thinks "Hell yeah, I'm gonna make sure everyone at my cool business sees my wife's boobs, it's gonna be sweet for me!"

He's clearly got an exhibition fetish.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

How else would people know he is straight?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Political Cartoons 2015: SCARY

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Rand voted against the bill, Cruz was the one of the people who introduced it.

I picture that lady just dead-eyed saying that in monotone. "Bruce Jenner is finally free, as we will all be in the hands of death."

Speaking of demons from beyond... Looks like the scream panting and kool-aid man's horrifying lovechild.

IT'S... piss?

Failure rate of what? I'm guessing this is about the airbag thing but there is no concrete way of knowing.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Our hero calls out his wife over her transphobic jokes, reminding her that Caitlyn Jenner has accomplished greater things than she ever will. AGC

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Internet Webguy posted:

I picture that lady just dead-eyed saying that in monotone. "Bruce Jenner is finally free, as we will all be in the hands of death."

Reading nothing but CRIME and HORROR all day gets to you after a while.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Rorus Raz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtbkQMwJS4

A few years back the Onion did a Behind the Pen series for Kelly, but it was only a handful of episodes. Too beautiful for this world.

They were brilliant and really entertaining, but are probably among the the Onion's lowest-watched videos total because nobody cares about a dying industry other than weirdos like us on an internet forum.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

He yearns to be cucked.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Internet Webguy posted:

Failure rate of what? I'm guessing this is about the airbag thing but there is no concrete way of knowing.

Apparently the TSA failed 95% of the tests conducted on it.

Just another case of a ridiculous invasion of privacy completely failing to accomplish anything.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Internet Webguy posted:

You haven't heard yet? A new report on the TSA security screenings came out. and of course, surprising no one, they don't work.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Bicyclops posted:

He once compared having a hot wife with a sweet car - you don't want to keep your sweet car in the garage all the time, do you?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

OptimusShr posted:

You haven't heard yet? A new report on the TSA security screenings came out. and of course, surprising no one, they don't work.

And now, like all failing Big Government Overreach programs, the Republicans will call for the TSA to be defunded, right?

Haha, no, it's a jobs program that picks on minorities, why would they evern want to get rid of it

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

And now, like all failing Big Government Overreach programs, the Republicans will call for the TSA to be defunded, right?

Haha, no, it's a jobs program that picks on minorities, why would they evern want to get rid of it

Because it employs a lot of minorities as well. Minorities who dare to presume to boss good, clean, upstanding, middle-America Americans around.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Scaramouche posted:

They were brilliant and really entertaining, but are probably among the the Onion's lowest-watched videos total because nobody cares about a dying industry other than weirdos like us on an internet forum.

Here's another one I love, which is also the last one, it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq6Bjx9twMI

Kelly saying that his son never talks to him anymore really says it all.

Playlist here

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rorus Raz posted:

The Poltergeist remake came out like three weeks ago.

Has Ramirez been collaborating with Tinsley?

Hey man, a genius parralel like that takes time.

• Locked thread