Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

MagicBoots posted:

Not just walk, jog :ohdear:

Which is kinda impressive if you think about it, dude isn't worthless and is trying to get into shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's also more than likely to end up in the wrong side of a poison dagger for not being a true believer sometime soon.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to Arslan being born again in the power of Yaldaboathianoplis

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh, there's nothing worse than a born again Yoababoathist

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeblagatatahoplitics

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hiromu Arakawa posted:

Men should be muscular and women should be va-va-voom!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Severe chest

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hestia not bestia.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

the misspell of Arslan was unintentional and I'm going to destroy my ANN proofreader

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
assland

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Still waiting for the appearance of the secret prince guy not in the title :coffee:

I admit, there is a serious lack of interesting female characters so far though in series and I've read up to the latest chapter. FMA had lots of variety too.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Alder posted:

Still waiting for the appearance of the secret prince guy not in the title :coffee:

I admit, there is a serious lack of interesting female characters so far though in series and I've read up to the latest chapter. FMA had lots of variety too.

blame that one on the original author. out of LoGH's massive cast there's like 3 important women

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, Tanaka's books are always sausage-fests, I think Farangis is probably the most prominent female character in any of them.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, Tanaka's books are always sausage-fests, I think Farangis is probably the most prominent female character in any of them.

Nooooo, now I need to continue my search :v:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Bodin absolutely looks like he got lost on his way to Kaiji, yep

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a scene after the credits again in this weeks episode

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HODIR

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Now that's a spread, look at those stuffed peppers!

E: also we're officially out of manga

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 7, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rodyle posted:

also we're officially out of manga

Oh kamisama, please don't let this show turn to crap.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

Well it's just going to take from the novels instead,it's not a big deal.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

Less of an issue when the manga are based off novels that are already out. And the character designs for stuff beyond the current manga I'm pretty sure are done.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rodyle posted:

Well it's just going to take from the novels instead,it's not a big deal.

I think a lot of the characters humanising touches are from Arakawa's manga though.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel like this is how Robb approaching Walder Frey should have gone.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I think a lot of the characters humanising touches are from Arakawa's manga though.

Yeah. Even just in this episode they cut all the fun Arslan/Gieve interactions when they were my favorite part of this storyline.

Though judging from the preview they'll probably slip them into the next episode somehow instead.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh we're going into novel territory already?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Oh we're going into novel territory already?

Yeah. Arakawa's manga is actually only 23 chapters at this point, it was a somewhat odd decision to do an anime this early even with the novels as a fallback.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Arakawa's a popular mangaka and the books are considered 'classics' so I guess the publishers wanted to strike while the iron was hot. Especially with a Musou game out later this year, which I think are still super popular in Japan (at least as popular as any game not on mobile gets).

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Btw if you live in Japan or know a guy who can hook you up, preorders go up on the 11th. Seeing as we kinda don't know anything about the game yet I'm not sure if anyone sane is going to do that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would but 99% of Musou games get a western release anyway so I'll wait.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Do not pursue Daryun.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope the Musou game will let me romance Daryun.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

madmac posted:

Yeah. Arakawa's manga is actually only 23 chapters at this point, it was a somewhat odd decision to do an anime this early even with the novels as a fallback.

Crunchyroll updated Arslan today, so make that 24 chapters.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a pretty neat chapter too.

I feel kind of bad for Guiscard. He's like Lusitania's Tyrion, the one sane dude in a leadership filled with loons.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh, does the manga give her creative control over plot/dialogue stuff as well? This show kept surprising me with how much more engaging and personable it was than Legend of Galactic Heroes, but I assumed it was just pacing and the smaller cast at work. If Arakawa's actually involved on a writing level that explains it better (but now I'm worried about what will happen afterwards.)

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Supposedly, Arakawa's version is closer to the novels than the previous anime and manga versions. That's just hearsay I picked off the net somewhere since I've never read the novels.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Oh, does the manga give her creative control over plot/dialogue stuff as well? This show kept surprising me with how much more engaging and personable it was than Legend of Galactic Heroes, but I assumed it was just pacing and the smaller cast at work. If Arakawa's actually involved on a writing level that explains it better (but now I'm worried about what will happen afterwards.)

I'm only really going by the differences between this and earlier adaptations since, as far as I'm aware, the books have never been translated.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a scene after the credits again in this weeks episode
Thanks for mentioning it, I missed it, and then went back and watched the other one I missed. Pretty important scenes.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Good thing the ED is cool princess adventures so I always stick through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same, the second ED coming up soon is by Kalafina so I will likely be doing the same with that.

• Locked thread