Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Terces posted:

Jagex made a recent post about Runescape Team Changes:
Mod Dean has left the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rM_cpcAyhI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I actually didn't know about this. Did he say if his stream hit 4k viewers he'd show his cock? :stare:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Yes, he did. Mod Dean is a 30 something manbaby who lost his poo poo at Sheep Herder, and also smashed a keyboard because he got mad at some other thing, so this is not really surprising.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

Yes, he did. Mod Dean is a 30 something manbaby who lost his poo poo at Sheep Herder, and also smashed a keyboard because he got mad at some other thing, so this is not really surprising.

tbf i think every player has lost their poo poo at sheep herder. motherfucking abortion of a quest.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

If he smashed his keyboard over something involving ratcatchers, then that was a 100% reasonable response.

Otherwise :lol:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

If he smashed his keyboard over something involving ratcatchers, then that was a 100% reasonable response.

Otherwise :lol:

Ratcatchers can be broken so hard that you have to wait for weekly reset, Sheep herder pre-fix could turn you mad.

The new sheep herder isn't too bad, they got rid of the shroom, a bunch of obstacles and made the sheep reset not terrible.

edit: wait wasn't Mod Dean the guy who screamed FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK on live jagex stream?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Spergminer posted:

edit: wait wasn't Mod Dean the guy who screamed FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK on live jagex stream?

Yes, that's him.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
So considering there is zero incentive to keep doing the world event (other than decent multiskill xp every hour) we are so totally going to get hosed by Tuska.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Yeah I'm only doing my one daily stab. and even then i'll probably stop once i got the ability, armor and over-rides

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Wait has it started now?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
What happens if Tuska wins?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Runescape shuts down forever. Jagex pockets all of the money.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Simsmagic posted:

Runescape shuts down forever. Jagex pockets all of the money.

loving finally. No but seriously what happens.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

We don't know! Probably something very bad. We can only hope so.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

CashEnsign posted:

What happens if Tuska wins?

They mentioned three outcomes. I guess if Tuska wins the majority she'll ram the planet and do the Deathwing. If we win (lol week 1 is already lost) Tuska will be killed, but according to the Astromancer we have to deal with a huge dead god striking down somewhere. Third outcome is most likely kill Tuska and the winning god faction destroys/deflects the body and nothing interesting happens.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

To answer my own question it started on the 1st. You tele to some lodestone, do a minigame (solo, group w/ friends or queue), get rewards.

Warpriest (chance to maxhit), some ability for slayer, some neat sounding overrides and exp.

Seems worth it, guess I'm playin' again.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I haven't played this game in years, but I just downloaded Oldschool Runescape.

I also have Windows Movie Maker and Breaking Benjamin mp3s, so I can make sick montages.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

They added an item that gives you freeform control over the camera so you can do some awesome movie making, but I'd hazard a guess that it's not available in the old game.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
The Orb of Occulus? P. Sure you can get it in OSRS in Al Kahrid

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Is Goonscape clan chat compatible with Oldschool? I need people to talk to.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

We have a friendchat, Scapegoons, but nobody uses it because few of us play OSRS. Cross game clan chat support is supposedly in the works.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Back in game for a while, ign Gildardadino. Farting around in f2p picking up some easy levels. How hard is it to get up to bonds money with no wealth to start with? I've been doing headless arrows and mining coal so far to try and get some net worth rolling

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
This Is What Runescape Clickbait Would Look Like. When I Saw...

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Soulhunter posted:

We have a friendchat, Scapegoons, but nobody uses it because few of us play OSRS. Cross game clan chat support is supposedly in the works.

that would be awesome. then all you no-fun having nerds could roleplay with us in the clan chat

Themata posted:

lmao

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Themata posted:

I feel dumb for not knowing this! The answer really surprised me.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
that's amaaazing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Themata posted:

Stop being tsundere for this game that you obviously can't stop coming back to and actually come back for real please

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Themata posted:

Get Jack of Trades and do it every day. #SavedYouAClick

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Come Play, milady

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

In OSRS News:
Resizable mode has been released!
Watch your character's dead black eyes and unchanging polygonal features stare into the void as you bankstand in glorious 4k!

The OSRS staff has also expanded, bringing the total OSRS staff to 11, new hires include the return of a graphic designer who interned for Jagex last year, a new QA tester, and a content developer transferring over from the RS3 team previously known for her work with the SoF/TH system.

I look forward to the Throw Darts at a Gnome Child on a Spinning Plank for Prizes minigame that's likely to come along soon! Maim to Claim!

Finally, there's a slayer update in the works, including an Abyssal Demon boss (Abyssal Sire), a Hellhound boss (Cerberus), and Boss Slayer similar to the Death slayer tasks on RS3. Other changes planned/polling include drop table reworks and slayer cave expansions. See the full devblog for details.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 4, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isn't making changes entirely antithetical to the point of OSRS though?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Only if those changes reduce the number of clicks it takes to get to 99. :colbert:

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The Shortest Path posted:

Isn't making changes entirely antithetical to the point of OSRS though?

Haha no, OSRS' point appears to be "make a halfassed version of modern Runescape in mostly the 2007 version's limitations". It hasn't been real old school since a couple months after it came out.

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?
Link to Joachim's Quest Recommendations

I am working through this list right now, thanks Pizza Man!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:siren: 4.49 average rating :siren:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Whew back up to 4.57

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid

Nintendo Kid posted:

Haha no, OSRS' point appears to be "make a halfassed version of modern Runescape in mostly the 2007 version's limitations". It hasn't been real old school since a couple months after it came out.

OSRS is more like a professionally developed private server with like maybe 10% more game design knowledge than a 12 year old in his basement. I play it just because RS3 honestly seems clunkier to me at this point with the extreme accumulation of cruft and bad design decisions over the last 8 years. They're both bad games but OSRS captures a sort of "charming quirky british indie grindfest" feel better than RS3 which comes across as just a bad MMO at this point.

Disclaimer: entirely my own opinion

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Magres posted:

Whew back up to 4.57

You're famous, honey: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720505&pagenumber=24&perpage=40#post446296196

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:chanpop: