Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
yeah freedom planet is looking pretty rad so I'm thinking of stopping watching the LP and playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

Is it just me or is Liam gradually becoming just Egoraptor? Did he kill Arin and now he must become the Grump?

Liam's still funny though

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like Freedom Planet's plot so far tho, also the VA. :shobon: It's saturday morning cartoon as gently caress and that's exactly what it should be.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Solaris Knight posted:

They better talk about Kung Fury this podcast because man was Kung Fury a thing, and given how much they loved Too Many Cooks, I'm excited for them to lose their poo poo.

Unless they're saving it for a Let's Watch :vince:

Filing this in the "Things I never knew I wanted, and now NEED IN MY LIFE"

EDIT 2: They confirmed in the podcast: no lets watch but they might do an LP of the game.

Edit: Seriously Konami? You think we're buying your bullshit anymore? Go join Microsoft and Capcom in the "poo poo tier liars" club.

DPM fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 2, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Stairmaster posted:

Liam's still funny though

Game Grumps did a pretty funny crunchy roll commercial at the beginning of their Bishi Bashi Special episode, so Arin at least still knows how to write funny scripts.

At least I thought it was funny...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I started getting weird Kung-Pow vibes from that commercial when the sound started desynching from the lip flaps, I thought it was pretty funny too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

goldblums eyes posted:

Speaking of shitstorm, what are good episodes where they lose their poo poo? I'm a scaredy cat and love being scared with Matt and Pat. Phobia 1.5 really got me, it seems like first person games are the scariest but I don't know anything about the shitstorm or horror games

Cry of Fear gets both of them with a jumpscare so perfect Pat struggles for breath for the rest of the episode.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also that one mysterious jogo where they get game overed harder than anyone ever has

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Blockhouse posted:

also that one mysterious jogo where they get game overed harder than anyone ever has

every shitstorm video with the words "new juego" on the title screen is a must watch

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
matt pat and woolie getting the poo poo scared out of them is by default my favorite content on the channel

especially when matt doesn't immediately laugh after screaming because then you know he's legit shook

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tae posted:

Podcast curse, missed Xcom 2

And now Fallout 4. poo poo.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

floor is lava posted:

And now Fallout 4. poo poo.

I can't find any news on it, where was this?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
And now Type-0 is coming to PC. Good job, Woolie!!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I think this podcast video the first time I've ever actually been able to actually see how short pat is compared to everyone else

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

matt pat and woolie getting the poo poo scared out of them is by default my favorite content on the channel

especially when matt doesn't immediately laugh after screaming because then you know he's legit shook

Woolie is the best at getting scared, because there's initial moment of fear, then he gets angry at being scared.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Thanks for the links guys.

I can't believe Liam made it past the airship without learning anything about the cyclone. :cripes: And he's still kicking at enemies instead of cycloning them into next week.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wow, they are giving that stupid Silent Hills rumor way more discussion than it deserves.

Phil Spencer flat out saying it's not true may just be misdirection! :tinfoil:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Wiseblood posted:

Wow, they are giving that stupid Silent Hills rumor way more discussion than it deserves.

Phil Spencer flat out saying it's not true may just be misdirection! :tinfoil:

wishful thinking is hella powerful

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

hubris.height posted:

wishful thinking is hella powerful

Case in point, Liam trying to keep the Vita alive by his lonesome this week with 'interesting' perspective.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
At this point, i'm pretty sure Liam has a botnet set up to send emails to japanese execs to bring more Vita Animes to america to keep the Vita alive.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Commissar Ken posted:

Case in point, Liam trying to keep the Vita alive by his lonesome this week with 'interesting' perspective.

Lol yea that was the saddest devils advocate moment

'They said its a legacy console but you just wait and see! They are releasing tons of not kusoge!'

Someone ought to just let him know its not his fault.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey Matt, you mentioned that AWA sounded like a wrestling organization. There actually was one with that name.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aw, they didn't catch the gag in freedom planet where Panda-lady tries to use her ice powers on you whilst underwater and instantly freezes herself.

Also, Thermal Base is my favorite level in any game in a long-rear end time. The music is fan-loving-tastic, and the level itself feels really good to play.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 3, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So I got my friend into SBF and they wanna listen to the podcast too. What are you guys' favorite episodes to tell her to download aside from generally 'just subscribe and listen because it's funny'?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So I got my friend into SBF and they wanna listen to the podcast too. What are you guys' favorite episodes to tell her to download aside from generally 'just subscribe and listen because it's funny'?

I like the Christmas episode(s?) a lot. They aren't really funny but it's them in a happy Christmas mood answering questions the whole time. Aside from that I can't think of specific episodes that were FUNNY. Tell them just choose a random episode to get a feel and if they like it start from the very beginning. Or if they don't wanna listen to old news then just start listening to the latest episodes and then listen week to week

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Whatever episode featured Woolie and Pat talking about stealing from people in the future.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Depending on how much your friend follows gaming news or even cares about it, send them back in time by about 4-6 weeks (or to specific events) and just have them listen as you start hearing their thoughts on more recent news.

Christmas episode is also a good one since it's just misc questions, like that other poster said.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The podcast is very topical, so you'd be fine jumping straight to the newest episode. In fact, I'd recommend it, or just going two or three weeks back so your friend can see how the podcast curse works.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wanna suggest the one with the fight about Breakfast choices, just cause it sticks in minds for me.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think I have favorite moments more than I do favorite eps. Pat's description of Adachi's motivations in the personacast, time travel in wrestling, G. G. Allin's skeleton (what DP is that anyways), the first Onepunch man discussion... There's a lot of good stuff.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think I have favorite moments more than I do favorite eps. Pat's description of Adachi's motivations in the personacast, time travel in wrestling, G. G. Allin's skeleton (what DP is that anyways), the first Onepunch man discussion... There's a lot of good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuV-EpLV8SU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I also enjoyed the ones where Liam knocked Pat's mouse off of his stool, where they make fun of Pat's way of brushing his teeth, and Pat describing the way he gets ready for bed by folding himself up tightly like a letter in an envelope.

What I'm trying to say is Pat is the best part of the podcast, especially when he's pissed about something.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Charles Martel posted:

I also enjoyed the ones where Liam knocked Pat's mouse off of his stool, where they make fun of Pat's way of brushing his teeth, and Pat describing the way he gets ready for bed by folding himself up tightly like a letter in an envelope.

What I'm trying to say is Pat is the best part of the podcast, especially when he's pissed about something.

It's always the best when we get the tiny glimpses into Pat's hilariously bleak life.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I don't remember if the episode is actually anything special but Aryan Resurrection is still my favorite podcast title because it made them actively change their policies for picking podcast episode titles.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Freedom Planet got way better now that woolie and liam are paying more attention to the game and getting mad hype.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also this:

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-077-sleepy-magcast-cranky-takahatas-eruption/

Then this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3SNlRIak34

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the story about megarand that woolie told is kind of depressing because megarand is a cool guy and deserves more popularity imho