Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

congratulations to Miho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I'm pretty much done buying nerd stuff in Japan now. I might buy a couple small things but I am big purchased out.

Went into a book off and grabbed something random because it had an English name and it was a super loving hardcore ecchi manga. I have a radar for that poo poo I guess. I bought a random volume of Sakamoto for my friend though because even without knowing what they're saying it's hilarious.

Also, smut for girls generally tends to be right out in the open, but I only found regular guy smut at one place and it was a little off to the side. I think it just shows the buying power of girls.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm happy knowing that girls in Japan have access to some decent smut.

scan the good stuff and pm me please....

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I can ask the one girl if she'd be willing to scan that Evangelion smut I mentioned earlier.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drat girl

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I'm nearly a third into Xam'd now and I'm finding it increasingly amusing that the titular entity hasn't appeared in full since the first episode :munch:.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is random anime/manga getting a stage play a new thing? There's an Aquarion stage play, I'm not even sure how or why you'd do that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

there was a persona 4 one

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Jet fuel can't melt core beams

This looks like an electronic music production interface.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

The Black Stones posted:

Also, smut for girls generally tends to be right out in the open, but I only found regular guy smut at one place and it was a little off to the side. I think it just shows the buying power of girls.

Doesn't surprise me. A friend of a friend makes a living importing eroge and manga from Japan and reselling them in America at cons and stuff. Yaoi doujins easily outsell everything else in his stock put together and the overwhelming majority of buyers for them are women.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Homosexuality is cool and good. Heterosexuality is weird and gross.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

Homosexuality is cool and good. Heterosexuality is weird and gross.

They're both cool and everything in between.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm a homo! Aaaaaahhhhh! I'm gaaaaaaaaaaay!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

congratulations

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I'm normal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We're all... normal... here, friend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Is random anime/manga getting a stage play a new thing? There's an Aquarion stage play, I'm not even sure how or why you'd do that.

There's been tons for like 2 or so years now, probably longer. I assume it's super cheap productions, but idk why there's a market to watch people lamely act out anime on stage

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

There's been tons for like 2 or so years now, probably longer. I assume it's super cheap productions, but idk why there's a market to watch people lamely act out anime on stage

Don't they use the same VA's for the roles?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Nobunaga the Fool had one, I think Kawamori is a dude who pushes for that stuff since he also wrote that particular play?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't they use the same VA's for the roles?

Idk, I think it's a mix or VAs and others. I just mean lamely because it's not animated and real people can't do 1/10th of the cool poo poo that happens in good anime

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That guys hand is as big as his head.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

poland cannot into european culture

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Idk, I think it's a mix or VAs and others. I just mean lamely because it's not animated and real people can't do 1/10th of the cool poo poo that happens in good anime

True, but VA's in Japan are a bigger deal than they are here, so its probably just a cash-in to let fans see them in person.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

have you gone to the Miku opera yet or is that still upcoming. Or was that even you I forget

Edit: directed at Davincie

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its tomorrow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

its tomorrow

Wow, incredible. Enjoy the big event

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

there was a persona 4 one
Persona 3 is on its third stage play

Also there was a separate Persona 4 musical, I think

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Anime musicals have been a thing for a long while. Prince of Tennis and Sailor Moon are the big successful examples that I know of, but I'm sure there are many others.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Wow, incredible. Enjoy the big event

thanks, looking forward to it :cheers:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Anime musicals have been a thing for a long while. Prince of Tennis and Sailor Moon are the big successful examples that I know of, but I'm sure there are many others.

Utena had one, incidentally.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Oh hey, someone subbed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2HQwzD-LS4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

it worse than i could ever have imagined

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I liked what little I saw of the Phoenix Wright musical.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

FirstAidKite posted:

What if xcom was anime

alien 9

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

FirstAidKite posted:

What if xcom was anime

muv-luv

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Utena had one, incidentally.

Hm. Well, Absolute Destiny Apocalypse is a cool scene, but then, it would be really hard to gently caress that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Just got an email from kick starter. Little witch Academia episode 2 will be shown at anime expo. They're looking to get it to backers around August. It will also be shown in theaters during October in Japan.

• Locked thread