Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I hink this looks really dumb honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
There's a shitton of people wearing gas masks online lol.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007
Does Recon let your teammates see the enemies, too?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sade posted:

There's a shitton of people wearing gas masks online lol.

It sucks because I think the gas mask doesn't fit the games art style at all. Groannn.

This is entirely me. Both comics describe my life in a nutshell. I've gotten way better at covering walls though. I still get shoot going up walls time to time though.

tidiox posted:

Does Recon let your teammates see the enemies, too?

Fairly certain it does. I can frequently see enemies on my map respawning when I don't have recon personally.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 3, 2015

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 3, 2015

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If you get the clown shoes you don't show up on the landing spot and it slows down your jump a little so often if your teammate dies you get a backstab it's swt

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I've been waiting 2 days for those shoes as well
I have my 30k Spike, where are my Pollock Stealth Jump Shoes?

They're actually only 15k! Or they were last night when Spyke mugged em for me.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Infinitum posted:

Recon + Ninja Squid + Ninja Jump = Godlike

I've been slowly trying to find pieces to build this the last few days. Haven't found any gear with Ninja Squid yet.

edit:

I can't believe they didn't make the amiibo gear 3 stars.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Did you guys order other things too? He can only do 1 order a day, but it shouldn't take two days if you have 1 order.

That said, killing the gently caress out of FANGIO is better than anything in this world

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Spacebump posted:

I've been slowly trying to find pieces to build this the last few days. Haven't found any gear with Ninja Squid yet.

White Anchor Tee

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
What do these flag things do? I've been on a winning streak and it now says +7.0 but doesn't really show any improvements.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dizz posted:

What do these flag things do? I've been on a winning streak and it now says +7.0 but doesn't really show any improvements.

talk to judd and he will give you some cash based on your streak

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dizz posted:

Go out to the Miiverse lobby and talk to Judd for mad cash monies

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

All I see

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
To be fair, he had the same gold gun as well, and it was a boy squid with the same skin tone and everything.

Enjoying the hell out of this game. Still kind of low on the level scale but losing doesn't just make me frustrated like some online PvP games. I think it helps that the matches are short and you can get right back in it. I find myself going "One more. OK we lost so the next win. OK but what if I want to get a win streak going..." etc

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Show me your squids. I want to see what fashion goons are into.

I'm the one in the front but the one in the back is worth listening to

This game needs more than just the one team-color shirt.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Reiley posted:

I'm the one in the front but the one in the back is worth listening to

This game needs more than just the one team-color shirt.

I hear if you play Dark Side of the Moon it syncs up perfectly with the Single Player campaign.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i yeah!'ed that ink floyd post when i saw it

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fairly certain it does. I can frequently see enemies on my map respawning when I don't have recon personally.

I can't imagine not having it now. Why Super Jump blind when you can know exactly where the danger lies? I just bought a 3-Star jacket with Recon, too.

EDIT: Wait, does that mean my Bomb Sniffers are showing up for my teammates, too? I can really build myself like a support? That's cool if it's true.

tidiox fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 3, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Zaphod42 posted:

Those are the most 90s shoes imaginable, I love it. Need those.
I wear them too, mostly because they have ninja jump on them.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i can't believe how good the final boss is. did not see that coming

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I deffo saw someone with japanese letters to make a little squid smiley yesterday
くコ:彡

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The best counter to the Kraken
http://gfycat.com/BowedUniqueHatchetfish

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Can an American use Japanese characters in their ingame name?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

noirstronaut posted:

Can an American use Japanese characters in their ingame name?

いいえ、バカが偉人さん。

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Does anyone know what determines if you can use the Y button to reset the Y Axis? A lot of times I'll start the match and the camera isn't centered the way I'd like, but hitting Y doesn't do anything. Is there some kind of trick to always be able to recenter the camera?

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007
Being able to hide in the enemy's ink is really stupid. I'm not sure it isn't related to latency, but I'm tired of having someone pop out of an area I inked a few seconds ago to kill me.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So is it me or is the Paint roller overpowered? I'm guessing once you hit ranked play, people know how to counteract it?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Spacebump posted:

I can't believe they didn't make the amiibo gear 3 stars.

Just get Spyke to add a slot for you. Unless the Amiibo clothes are special and you can't

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Really making me wish the WiiU could record video the way PS4 and Xbone can :smith:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
And so, I beat the Single Player campaign.

Goddamn, the final boss is just soooo goooooooooooood! It's hard and long and epic and funny all at the same time! :allears:

With him defeated, I also cleared the last Squid Amiibo mission (and got to hear the dialogue for what happens if you take him on again) and got a blueprint for a weapon.

Now I just have to rank up to the highest level, I guess.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BigRed0427 posted:

So is it me or is the Paint roller overpowered? I'm guessing once you hit ranked play, people know how to counteract it?

It's you.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Really making me wish the WiiU could record video the way PS4 and Xbone can :smith:

rofl grats on your title bud

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Rollers can be slow to deploy and they can make movement awkward/slow, too. Every weapon has its pros and cons and the roller is no exception.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oopsie rock posted:

Rollers can be slow to deploy and they can make movement awkward/slow, too. Every weapon has its pros and cons and the roller is no exception.

Well tbf "pros and cons" can easily just be cargo cult tummyfeels design like anything else, like in Smash where the big/slow characters are almost always bad but this is generally handwaved as "they do more damage so of course they're slow" even if speed is a lot more important than doing an extra 4% off your jab. The Aerospray has pros and cons - The game even explicitly tells you them via Sheldon when you unlock it - but that doesn't stop it from being almost certainly the strongest general purpose weapon in the game.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The roller is pretty solid and has serious draw backs but is fun to play. It's the ultimate newb stomper weapon but really yeah aerospray is the undisputed king of all weapons right now. I like splatzones because other weapons that are marginally better at killing nerds can stand up to it.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Well tbf "pros and cons" can easily just be cargo cult tummyfeels design like anything else, like in Smash where the big/slow characters are almost always bad but this is generally handwaved as "they do more damage so of course they're slow" even if speed is a lot more important than doing an extra 4% off your jab. The Aerospray has pros and cons - The game even explicitly tells you them via Sheldon when you unlock it - but that doesn't stop it from being almost certainly the strongest general purpose weapon in the game.

I don't know, I think everything is pretty balanced. You can splat people pretty easily with the roller, but splatting the other team isn't the primary purpose of the game. And you can cover turf pretty easily with it but at the cost of agility.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

rofl grats on your title bud

I've had redtext before that made me feel dumb but this one just cracks me the gently caress up.

I know exactly who did it and the thought of him being butthurt enough over my posting to shell out :10bux: is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

BigRed0427 posted:

If you find you're getting ambushed a lot try paying closer attention to the gamepad to suss out their location. Enemy rollers are easy to spot on there because they leave a distinct ink trail behind them (assuming they're actively spreading ink, which should be most of the time).

• Locked thread